Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Peoblem I have with a lot of fanboys is the whole "HOW DARE YOU NOT LOVE THE THINGS I LOVE" attitude they have.

such as The Dark Knight trilogy feeling like it was based on real events and the franchise was a grand adventure,

and the DCEU feeling like a visionary tale based on comic books, and the movies being a split adventure that is hard to believe.

hehe

8 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

It’s napoleon, what do you expect?

And it's way past time for him to meet his Waterloo.......

And it's pure tribalism.It's not about the virtues and flaws of individual films, but just about hating the other Tribe.

1 hour ago, nature league - matrix said:

such as The Dark Knight trilogy feeling like it was based on real events and the franchise was a grand adventure,

and the DCEU feeling like a visionary tale based on comic books, and the movies being a split adventure that is hard to believe.

hehe

I really liked the Dark Night Trilocy (well, at least the first two movies, I thought TDKR had a really messed up second half) but it's not freaking Shakespeare, folks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

What amused me is if critics really are biased in favor of Disney released movies,(which I think is a bunch of BS) why is Iron Jimbo upset about it?

In a few months James Cameron..at least as far as the Avatar franchise goes... will be part of the Disney family, and that means the critics will be biased in favor of Cameron's movies....

Iron Jimbo is having problems reconciling his blind worship of anything to do with James Cameron with his hatred of Disney,since 'Avatar" will be a Disney franchise by the time Avatar 2 is released. Any contracts Cameron had with Fox automatically transfere to Disney.

gonna be a real doozy for him next year huh

bcf.png

14 hours ago, Barnack said:

What the hell ?

Someone say:

Disney movie have higher review from critics relative to their audience score.

I present has data the last 100 or so movie reviewed on metacritic for each studio ratio between their MC score and MC audience score, how that not relevant to the point.

And I am really 100% certain I understood very well everything people said are you didn't.

When someone say: That show that the higher critical score isn't 100%from buying bougth, see disney movie have an higher average score, that does not mean they are not bought, that mean that some of the delta can be explained otherwise. this is simple logic.

lmao like anyone is talking about 2007 or pixar, it was a dig at MCU and Star Wars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lmao like anyone is talking about 2007 or pixar, it was a dig at MCU and Star Wars.

I will fully admit I am not well verse in the crazy fan wars and conspiracy stuff, the statement I quoted clearly literally said Disney, took the word for it (and at a quick look Pixar was the biggest culprit of having high critics MC score vs MC audience rating vs other studios average among Disney release).

• Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

I will fully admit I am not well verse in the crazy fan wars and conspiracy stuff, the statement I quoted clearly literally said Disney, took the word for it (and at a quick look Pixar was the biggest culprit of having high critics MC score vs MC audience rating vs other studios average among Disney release).

That's fine, that's what makes you Barnack. You do you brother.

• Like 1

I personally couldn't care if Avatar was under the umbrella of the Clinton Foundation, all that matters is money  - anything and everything that can help Jim squeeze every last scent out of these movies is good in my book. 

Disney is the undisputed master of media ownership right now, and Jim is the master of vision - the two working together so closely will be truly unstoppable (not that Jim wasn't already). 

Those of you trying to make it into some strange kind of "Disney vs Avatar" fight need to remember a few things: 

1. Jim is still King.

2. Your funnybook movies and laser swords will now play second fiddle to Disney's flagship franchise. 

3. Jim still owns the IP. 

In 4 days time we're reach the 2 year countdown mark... TICK TOCK :Gaga:

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

And it's way past time for him to meet his Waterloo.......

And it's pure tribalism.It's not about the virtues and flaws of individual films, but just about hating the other Tribe.

That's simply not true. My favorite comic book movie this year was from Marvel, my least favorite was from DC, and I have been very open about it. I like the DCEU because I like their characters and stories, I like the cast, the filmmakers, their embrace of diversity, and many other things that make me wish for their success. And I don't agree with many things Marvel and Disney stand for and how they operate. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna be dishonest and not admit DC's mistakes and Marvel's wins.

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

My ranking for 2018 superhero movies:

1. Ant-man and the Wasp (8.0)

2. Deadpool 2 (7.0)

3. Venom (5.0)

4. Infinity War (4.0)

5. Black Panther (4.0)

6. Aquaman (3.0)

Very bad year for comic book movies actually and honestly I don't expect much from 2019 either, the next one I'm looking forward is Wonder Woman 2.

Wonder Woman 2 isn't 2019 movie anymore.

IMO sh films this year:

1. Avengers: Infinity War  9+/10 (might be my second favorite cb film of all time)

2. Deadpool 2  7/10

3. Black Panther  6/10

4. Teen Titans GO! To The Movies  6/10

5. Ant-Man and the Wasp  5/10

6. Venom  5/10

And I'm not going to see Aquaman in cinema. I won't give Warner any more cash for what they're doing with DC Universe. #BringCavill&AdamsBack #ManOfSteelFanForever #WaitingForSupermanSequel

• Like 1