Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, nature league - matrix said:

imagine taking a stubborn old fashioned grandmother to see Attack of the Clones for the first time,

and during this moment right before the flash, she turns to you and asks how she looks at that exact moment

Seismic+Charge+Geonosis+002.JPG and then the sound blasts and she goes "what? I can't hear you" with an agitated expression on her face

I remember 1999 going to see Instinct and walking by one of the theaters playing The Phantom Menace.  From outside the theater I could hear 3PO going "they'll never get me onto one of those dreadful starships"...  it felt like I was at Disneyland walking by Star Tours.

I was still overhyped from Star Wars, I thought the parking lots were filling up with Star Wars in mind during those months, and it felt like summer movies of 1999 was a Star Wars season, and I kept trying to go to the movies over the summer because the movies felt different in the presence of Star Wars - like the theater was a zoo and there was this rare exhibit.

Last year, I went to get tix for The Last Jedi during Star Wars Christmas season and a bunch of kids come running to the ticket window to purchase tix 2 Jumanji.....  

It was a very very small sample of roughly $20 in Jumanji tickets, but the overall #s spoke for themselves in regards to TLJ vs Jumanji at the domestic box office.  It was a sad day that day for the rebellion and it will be another sad day when the new Star Wars...

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

https://i.imgur.com/cFEWK7b.png

Just a reminder of the monumental difference between the force of nature that is Jim and the studio's who churn their soulless media to snatch your bucks.

Also a fair projection of the future.. difference between the 1st non-Jim film and Avatar in 2010 is laughable. Damn what a god.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://i.imgur.com/cFEWK7b.png

Just a reminder of the monumental difference between the force of nature that is Jim and the studio's who churn their soulless media to snatch your bucks.

Also a fair projection of the future.. difference between the 1st non-Jim film and Avatar in 2010 is laughable. Damn what a god.

The Force Awakens sold about 100 million tickets.  Avg ticket price $9.14 x 100 million = #1 movie all time.  This graph explains Avatar 2/3/4 would gain hundreds of millions of extra tickets purchased.  Perhaps this is the way to measure box office.  Mortal Engines didn't even sell 1 million tickets, Spidey-Verse sold about 4 million tickets.  If Spider-Verse gets to 200 million domestic, that would be about 22 million tickets sold which is about 7% of the U.S. population.  I hope this brief analysis is wrong

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The key here is the the DCEU movies all came out after the Avengers, which triggered a massive surge in popularity for superhero movies.  Of course 6 CBMs released when the genre is massively popular would outperform 6 CBMs released when it was much less so.

• Thanks 1

Weird how Venom and Aquaman are pulling such huge numbers in China, the always biggest unpredictable matket. 

We ll see if it is a new trend for superhero movies there or if these two movies had something chinese audiences resonated with.

Because the top 3 superhero movies in China is now as follows :

1. Infinity War

2. Venom

3. Aquaman

• Like 1