Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

you guys just can't handle all the #truth I bring.

I know how much you like Marvel so I think this gif for your post is appropriate.

KyIU51m.gif

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Otakusai said:

And I really like Flash, but there is no way I can compare it to the Daredevil in terms of quality. And Jessica Jones is just exemplary, Supergirl is basically a satire or a spoof.

How is season 2 of the Flash?   I got through season 1 because I love the character, but those first 15 episodes were tough to bear.   It got pretty good after that though even though it's still pretty cheesy.    

Hey...I watched all of Smallville too so I can handle cheesy DC stuff.

4 hours ago, RandomJC said:

In the top 10 of April, 7 were marvel. #1 was Blank Panther #1. If you remove the 4 star wars titles from that list, DC would be ahead 5 to 4, with Batman the Dark Knight, Batman, Batman/Teenage Mutant turtles.

top 10 of March, 7 marvel to 2 DC. DC only having Batman and Superman. And the top twenty containing only 3 DC total.

February is 7 to 3 Marvel/DC in the top 10. 16 to 4 in the top 20. End of the day DC has batman, and Batman will always be on top. but when it's the ONLY thing on top, it doesn't matter.

In the past three months, most of the titles to appear in the top 20 for DC has been Batman related. from Batman to the Dark Knight mini to Harley Quinn special, to Justice League. Only non batman related comic to be in the top 20 for DC was Superman #50. Marvel has Star Wars, Spider-Man Deadpool, Captain America, X-Men.

Well this supports my suspicion that there aren't that many "DC fans".   There are just a lot of Batman fans.   No wonder they liked BvS.

10 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Well this supports my suspicion that there aren't that many "DC fans".   There are just a lot of Batman fans.   No wonder they liked BvS.

Well, it's also because DC pushes Batman more than the rest of their characters. Marvel was like that in the 90s with Spider-Man and X-Men. I'd be curious to see numbers on 90s sales.

And I liked BvS just fine. It wasn't good, but enjoyable enough 2 hours.

22 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

How is season 2 of the Flash?   I got through season 1 because I love the character, but those first 15 episodes were tough to bear.   It got pretty good after that though even though it's still pretty cheesy.    

Hey...I watched all of Smallville too so I can handle cheesy DC stuff.

S2 of Flash has been very good for the most part. There are a handful of episodes where you can tell the let the benchwarmers fill in some scripts, but most of the episodes have been very strong...for a CW show.

The cheesiness is still there, I mean, it is CW, but if you liked S1 despite that, you'll like season 2. Grant Gustin is a better actor than he gets credit for.

Also, I find the show a lot more bearable when I fast forward through every 'love interest' scene. I skip right over them lol, I haven't missed a plotbeat yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

S2 of Flash has been very good for the most part. There are a handful of episodes where you can tell the let the benchwarmers fill in some scripts, but most of the episodes have been very strong...for a CW show.

The cheesiness is still there, I mean, it is CW, but if you liked S1 despite that, you'll like season 2. Grant Gustin is a better actor than he gets credit for.

Also, I find the show a lot more bearable when I fast forward through every 'love interest' scene. I skip right over them lol, I haven't missed a plotbeat yet.

I'd say watch first few episodes, jump to the mid season finale, and watch from there. So much spinning of wheels for legends of Tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'd say watch first few episodes, jump to the mid season finale, and watch from there. So much spinning of wheels for legends of Tomorrow.

Actually, this entirely correct.  I can't say how many to watch at the beginning, but, three should be enough, then bump right up to the mid season finale like you said. 

Smart thinking.

2 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

Actually, this entirely correct.  I can't say how many to watch at the beginning, but, three should be enough, then bump right up to the mid season finale like you said. 

Smart thinking.

1 to 3, then episode 7 for Grodd, then 9. Honestly, the legends of tomorrow isn't as bad as Arrow's build up. which was tedious and really the reason I never came back after the mid-season break.

1 hour ago, Otakusai said:

I should do that with the Daisy-drama/angst scenes in AoS.    But they still make a lot of the show about how awesome she is even when she isn't in some drama so that might not work.

I still remember that one moment when I thought they were going to kill her off...it was glorious.

On 5/23/2016 at 2:41 PM, DMan7 said:

I think the modern day audience is more than intelligent enough to differentiate between the different brands of comic book movies especially since there isn't much intelligence needed as the Marvel logo is bandied about in the marketing for the movies so people know. 

No. I just had a conversation  with someone today that just couldn't wrap their head around 2 Quicksilvers. The GA is very much in the dark. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, moviesRus said:

Jesus, the day has come when Guardians of the Galaxy is considered the same level as Justice League. How do you fuck up that bad.

I bet  GOTG2 out grosses JL  too. 

19 hours ago, Chaz said:

These things go in cycles. DC ruled the 80s, 90s and 00s. The 10s belong to Marvel.

The pendulum will swing the other direction eventually.

DC will have to settle for winning comics, video games and television for now.

How did DC  rule the 00s? All they had was TDK  in that decade.  Meanwhile  MVL had Raimi  trilogy, X2, and IM  all before that film. 

It certainly  wasn't Cat Woman or Jonah Hex. 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Otakusai said:

They aren't even winning television per se.

Dardevil and Jessica Jones are better than Felicity and Friends, Flash, LoT and Supergirl imo.

Luke Cage is on the way, so is Iron Fist (and The Punisher)

Punisher will blow away everything  DC TV.  DD and JJ already  did. 

• Like 1

I might be in the minority here but Jessica Jones did nothing for me. I thought the concept was cool and purple man was a great villain but somewhere in the middle of the season it all fell apart and left me pretty underwhelmed with the whole season. 

Daredevil is great. I love that series. Luke Cage could be good but the actor didn't do much for me in Jones. 

Right now I would rank DC television ahead of Marvel in terms of quality because I'm only seeing Daredevil as a good show (a show I love as stated before).

6 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I'm sorry, but that is not what you said:

See that word in your quote. Down. "Sales were down in April". they weren't not by a long shot. Then when I corrected you, you said this:

These are not the same statements. They are opposites of each other. both can not be true.

Why am I even doing this!

He's pulling a Trump. 

• Like 2