Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The Captain Marvel audience score is so poor.

However that's because sexist trolls and I'm not just saying that. I have concrete proof.

The act of giving CM a poor review means you're a sexist troll.

Case and point.

Amusing fact, the CM RT critic/user ratings are the exact opposite for Bohemian Rhapsody at 81/37 - 37/81.

Time we talked about critic review bombing.:sparta:

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Can't we put all this audience score controversy to rest already? The CinemaScore will be out tomorrow anyways and if WOM is truly mixed, then it will be accurately reflected in the letter grade. 

Yes I remember the TLJ CinemaScore putting everything to rest and accurately reflecting audience sentiment.

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Can't we put all this audience score controversy to rest already? The CinemaScore will be out tomorrow anyways and if WOM is truly mixed, then it will be accurately reflected in the letter grade. 

😕 What was cinemascored TLJ score again?

Cinemascore is pretty garbage for films with large fanbases.

Edited by IronJimbo

12 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

Well, I'm sure Avatar got a lot of 10/10 grades... 🤷‍♂️

You don't have to like Avatar to understand why someone would give it a 10/10. If you can't figure it out I pity you.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You don't have to like Avatar to understand why someone would give it a 10/10. If you can't figure it out I pity you.

LOL, it didn't take long for you to bite the bait... :insane:

On a more serious note, Avatar is a 10/10 as much as CM is, which means none of them are, both are just fun popcorn flicks, but with one having cooler effects.

2 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

LOL, it didn't take long for you to bite the bait... :insane:

On a more serious note, Avatar is a 10/10 as much as CM is, which means none of them are, both are just fun popcorn flicks, but with one having cooler effects.

1) Avatar raised the bar on cinema experience. That means sitting in the cinema and be taken 4 lightyears away to Pandora.

2) How can I take anyone seriously with a Porg profile pic

3) yep, I pity you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

1) Avatar raised the bar on cinema experience. That means sitting in the cinema and be taken 4 lightyears away to Pandora.

2) How can I take anyone seriously with a Porg profile pic

3) yep, I pity you

1) And yet no one wants to see the first movie anymore, as it's dull as a rock. It was all style, no substance.

2) Hmmm, having a profile pic with a 1.3 billion dollar movie or one with a giant-eyed flop, which is better?

3) Oh, you don't have to pity me, as soon as I need pity from someone who spends most of their days glorifying a mediocre movie, I'll talk to you.

Funny enough, I actually liked Avatar, the VFX was amazing, it's an okay movie, if not a little "white-savioury". I'm quite excited for the sequels, just wish for a much more refined story. However, I do get annoyed when a fan of one mediocre movie calls another one mediocre without actually seeing the irony.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

1) And yet no one wants to see the first movie anymore, as it's dull as a rock. It was all style, no substance.

2) Hmmm, having a profile pic with a 1.3 billion dollar movie or one with a giant-eyed flop, which is better?

3) Oh, you don't have to pity me, as soon as I need pity from someone who spends most of their days glorifying a mediocre movie, I'll talk to you.

Funny enough, I actually liked Avatar, the VFX was amazing, it's an okay movie, if not a little "white-savioury". I'm quite excited for the sequels, just wish for a much more refined story. However, I do get annoyed when a fan of one mediocre movie calls another one mediocre without actually seeing the irony.

No one wants to see a sequel.. I'm quite excited for the sequels.

Quite the genius.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

Avatar blows Captain Marvel out of the water in every way I can think of. It is an expertly crafted film in all respects and also looks much better than most new films despite being 10 years old already. 

That said, Captain Marvel doesn't deserve the hate it's getting online. I'm not a MCU fan to begin with, but I thought it was perfectly harmless (if somewhat bland and predictable). To me, it's no more flawed than some of the other MCU solo films. Without the divisiveness over Bree IRL, it probably would have gotten a mediocre audience score anyways (in the 70% range). If only some people online could separate hate for the actress from the film itself. 

Edited by KP1025
Typo
  • Thanks 1