Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

1) And yet no one wants to see the first movie anymore, as it's dull as a rock. It was all style, no substance.

2) Hmmm, having a profile pic with a 1.3 billion dollar movie or one with a giant-eyed flop, which is better?

3) Oh, you don't have to pity me, as soon as I need pity from someone who spends most of their days glorifying a mediocre movie, I'll talk to you.

Funny enough, I actually liked Avatar, the VFX was amazing, it's an okay movie, if not a little "white-savioury". I'm quite excited for the sequels, just wish for a much more refined story. However, I do get annoyed when a fan of one mediocre movie calls another one mediocre without actually seeing the irony.

Obligatory:

CQjs4L3.jpg

Also very relevant to your Avatar claims:

fOCt5nk.jpg

See, CM doesn't even try to reach the heights of Avatar. Not a single Marvel movie does. Maybe Avatar was mediocre for you, but it did try, and it landed for a great number of people, to the point the "Pandora blues" became a thing. Every quip in a Marvel movie is their screenwriters saying "screw it, let's aim low." Only IW succeeded at having a couple emotional moments, but it was still chock full of "Why is Gamora?" moments, and more importantly, we all know IW will be undone by Endgame, probably with time travel and an obligatory death of one of the original Avengers. Meanwhile nobody has any idea what Avatar 2 is going to be like. 

Maybe for you, the target they hit was the same, but they targets Avatar versus MCU aimed for? Not even close.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No one wants to see a sequel.. I'm quite excited for the sequels.

Quite the genius.

My post literally says the first movie, man... 😂 

All that brainwashing and delusions have taken your capability to comprehend what you read...

• Like 2

This thread, lol. Cameron fans are desperate to keep the attention on Cameron, whether it be Alita or Avatar, on Captain Marvel opening weekend.

Ok, have fun kids.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This thread, lol. Cameron fans are desperate to keep the attention on Cameron, whether it be Alita or Avatar, on Captain Marvel opening weekend.

Ok, have fun kids.

just another cape movie.

I'll continue as normal thanks

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ok, have fun kids.

A part of me honestly thinks there might be suicides among them when Avatar 2 inevitably (like, 90%) fails to earn as much as the first one, let alone more than 3 "billies".

2 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

A part of me honestly thinks there might be suicides among them when Avatar 2 inevitably (like, 90%) fails to earn as much as the first one, let alone more than 3 "billies".

Hmmpf

Putting 90% chance so you can just say you were unlucky when it makes 3 billies.

Not so confident are ya?

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hmmpf

Putting 90% chance so you can just say you were unlucky when it makes 3 billies.

Not so confident are ya?

I never talk in extremes like some people when it comes to box office, especially when we haven't even seen a glimpse of footage. However, the fact is that VFX-heavy movies are not uncommon these days, and VFX and 3D are the main reason for those 2.7 billion dollars in the first place, so unless Cameron comes up with a new gimmick to boost those numbers, the highest number I can see is 2 billion, only because we know that the visuals will still be awesome, but will not be unseen like in the first film.

Also, why would I be unlucky if a movie makes 3 billion dollars? If it makes it there, good for the cast and crew. As if an American movie's earning has any effect on my life whatsoever...

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

I never talk in extremes like some people when it comes to box office, especially when we haven't even seen a glimpse of footage. However, the fact is that VFX-heavy movies are not uncommon these days, and VFX and 3D are the main reason for those 2.7 billion dollars in the first place, so unless Cameron comes up with a new gimmick to boost those numbers, the highest number I can see is 2 billion, only because we know that the visuals will still be awesome, but will not be unseen like in the first film.

Also, why would I be unlucky if a movie makes 3 billion dollars? If it makes it there, good for the cast and crew. As if an American movie's earning has any effect on my life whatsoever...

Let's get serious, you aren't very confident if you only give a 90% chance that a movie won't hit $3B. I can say with 100% confidence Captain Marvel will not hit $3B. I can say with 100% confidence neither will Dumbo. I'll give Endgame a 1% chance, but it'll have to open 30% bigger than IW and have the same legs. I don't see that happening: Captain Marvel demonstrates some Marvel backlash, and Endgame is hamstrung by some predictable things it has to do. It's going to have time travel, it's going to bring characters back, and it's going to kill off at least one of the original Avengers. I'm still going to see it, probably more than once if it's actually good like IW was. 

You're also wrong about "VFX" being the primary reason for Avatar's success. Tech is merely one ingredient in the mix. Another ingredient was Avatar's many emotional beats, some heavier than others, and at least 3 which landed like punches to the gut: fall of Hometree, Neytiri saving Jake, and Jake waking up after mating with Neytiri. The entire MCU doesn't have a single emotional moment with greater impact than any one of those 3. 

James Cameron has shown himself to be a master of developing these emotional beats and getting the audience heavily invested in them, and also a master of sequels that outshine their nearly perfect original films. Unless he developed dementia I see no reason Avatar 2 won't be an earthshaking cinematic event.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Ok, have fun kids.

Captain Marvel will make a lot of money, more than some Marvel movies, and less than oth-😴

34 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

Imagine implying that Avatar's revolutionary visuals were a gimmick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t get why we’re responding or defending to Napoleon usual shtick/bait. Then again me responding to it in particular only draws more attention so yes the jokes on me.

I will give Napoleon credit for one thing: He knows which buttons to push to get a response.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Ok, have fun kids.

I love the way they attribute every thing good about Alita to Cameron, totally ignoring the guy who directed it , Richard Rodriguez.

• Thanks 1