Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Alita's fans cozying up to bigots was disgusting. I will never cozy up to a bigot because of a movie. 

What are you on about? Alita fans actually saw the movie. Who exactly are you aiming this at I never get it with you.

Seems as though you need a boogieman to be mad at just to get through the day.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Feel like stuff are going way too good in both the DCEU/MCU at the same time right now for the franchise war to thrive.

That is until DC gets the upper hand.  MCU fans went apeshit when TDK outdid IM in 2008. 

• Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, Warmaster506 said:

That is until DC gets the upper hand.  MCU fans went apeshit when TDK outdid IM in 2008. 

Yes I would say until then. Has of now DCEU making billion title but not above Avengers, that the perfect truce in the war.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

DC won't ever get the upper hand again in the comic book movie lanscape at least not in this century. Even if they managed to have a string of critically successful movies it won't add up to anything close to the universe which the competition has built up and continues to keep building. They have missed the boat but there's nothing wrong with being 2nd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

This is actually incoherent. 0 MCU fans went apeshit in 2008. There weren’t any MCU fans in 2008. There wasn’t an MCU in 2008!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Yes I would say until then. Has of now DCEU making billion title but not above Avengers, that the perfect truce in the war.

Also AntMan2 establishing the floor for the genre in the last of couple of years.

• Like 1

DC will probably never have big crossover hits with years of hype building like Infinity War and Endgame, but they will continue to make modern classics like Batman v Superman and Wonder Woman. Also keep in mind, the standard for the DCEU has been over $300 million domestic and over $800 million worldwide (unless things go completely wrong behind the scenes like Justice League, which will probably never happen again), while Marvel do make soft performers like Doctor Strange and Ant-Man and the Wasp, despite critical praise.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

DC won't ever get the upper hand again in the comic book movie lanscape at least not in this century. Even if they managed to have a string of critically successful movies it won't add up to anything close to the universe which the competition has built up and continues to keep building. They have missed the boat but there's nothing wrong with being 2nd. 

Just wait until the new Batman with Zac Efron comes out... with no avenger teamups in the mix, DC has an open goal in which to strike.

10 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Just wait until the new Batman with Zac Efron comes out... with no avenger teamups in the mix, DC has an open goal in which to strike.

Disney has probably a dozen Avengers movies (official or Civil War type) in the pipeline already, it would be surprising if they waited more than a couple of years for the next one.

Edited by MrGlass2

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Disney has probably a dozen Avengers movies (official or Civil War type) in the pipeline already, it would be surprising if they waited more than a couple of years for the next one.

not sure I agree. the team films take a while longer to make. They will not have one out before 2022 and probably longer than that. Am also not convinced that the first Avengers film without the originals will do as well as the current Avengers ones have done (that is, assuming the original four do actually leave after Endgame which is anyones guess BUt I believe they will).

Marvel will take a bit of a dip over the next few years while it gears up to its next big events and grows the new characters.

At the same time, DC will have much more succeess than previously with new Batman plus joker, suicide squad movies etc.

Edited by Avatree

22 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

3 years between sequels + the last two being a year apart?

Age of Ultron was announced 4 years before release, infinity war announced 4 yeas before release. theres currently nothing in the works. obviously there will be more Avengers films. Duh. but not for a few years.

and the last two are one production... i dont know why youd count that

Edited by Avatree

Just now, DeeCee said:

What are the likely untitled Marvel, Fox/Marvel and DC films next year?  

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=theatrical&yr=2020&p=.htm

Marvel:

May release is Black Widow

November release is The Eternals

DC film: the trench?

suicide squad is 2021 i think not 2020 right?

The Fox films have been cancelled.

Dr. Strange 2 should've been in 2020 November slot, it would be 4 years since the first one. Now if Nov 2020 is Eternals and Dr. Strange 2 is in 2021 that would be 5 years for a sequel. Surely that has got to be the longest period of time for a sequel to a CBM as of recently?

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Age of Ultron was announced 4 years before release, infinity war announced 4 years before release. theres currently nothing in the works. obviously there will be more Avengers films. Duh. but not for a few years.

and the last two are one production... i dont know why youd count that

AoU was announced "in development" right after The Avengers. IW & a slate of other movies were announced before AoU came out. Like with every studio, there's definitely more "in development" films on some desk somewhere that we know nothing about. 

I seriously doubt they'll hold off saying when A5 will come out until after the time it takes for them to make one, which I understand as being well...industry tentpole standard.

Edited by 2kt09

5 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

AoU was announced "in development" right after The Avengers. IW & a slate of other movies were announced before AoU came out. Like with every studio, there's definitely more "in development" films on some desk somewhere that we know nothing about. 

I seriously doubt they'll hold off saying when A5 will come out until after the time it takes for them to make one, which I understand as being well...industry tentpole standard.

Hey, I just noticed you are new to the forum. (welcome  :)  )

You should check out On The Lot subforum. On the forum we hear about things that are "in development" a long time before they are announced or greenlit. it is a great resource for information on future films.