Jump to content
Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Hey, I just noticed you are new to the forum. (welcome  :)  )

 

You should check out On The Lot subforum. On the forum we hear about things that are "in development" a long time before they are announced or greenlit. it is a great resource for information on future films.

Thanks and yes, I know. It's pretty much the same on other movie forums.

Just corroborating with reporting press rather than totally legit leakers.

 

According to movieinsider, The Eternals is currently under production and Black Widow is still waiting to be greenlit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

DCEU will probably outgross the MCU next year

It's gonna get real interesting starting next year. Especially with no new Avengers on the horizon 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

It's gonna get real interesting starting next year. Especially with no new Avengers on the horizon 

Yeah. I wonder how many people will come out for Black Widow without a new Avengers ensemble film to look forward to. With no info to go on, I'd speculate that Black Widow has a run similar to Winter Soldier, while The Eternals is marketed as a huge cultural event with the first (I think) gay actor starring in a superhero film and easily passes a billion. DC also has an interesting, unpredictable slate next year between Wonder Woman 1984, DC Super Pets, The Trench, and Birds of Prey.

Edited by stealthyfrog
Link to post
Share on other sites

The scene everybody is raving about Wonder Woman could be read like this :

 

a naive but gorgeous Victoria s secret model, and unaware goddess is going to stupidly confront the german army on a suicidal move.

  • Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

Yeah. I wonder how many people will come out for Black Widow without a new Avengers ensemble film to look forward to. With no info to go on, I'd speculate that Black Widow has a run similar to Winter Soldier, while The Eternals is marketed as a huge cultural event with the first (I think) gay actor starring in a superhero film and easily passes a billion. DC also has an interesting, unpredictable slate next year between Wonder Woman 1984, DC Super Pets, The Trench, and Birds of Prey.

There will be no info until at least after the release of Spider-Man Far From Home. I think Kevin Feige said so himself. They cannot do an event like they did with the phase 3 announcement until after that as that could potentially spoil things from Endgame. 

 

We will likely get information regarding phase 4 or whatever direction they are going to go in the future at SDCC or more likely at D23. By this time the Fox deal would also be completed so they will be free to announce Xmen/F4 movies as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hades said:

 

Wow....:bourne:

That makes no sense. If women make great films, Hollywood executives will naturally want to make more of them and try to find the next great female voice, and the next great female character. There is no reason to celebrate Captain Marvel being a mediocre movie.

 

I'm not saying I disagree that women should be allowed to make bad movies and be given second chances like the male filmmakers are given, but Captain Marvel being mediocre is not exactly helping the cause. WTF?

  • Not Cool 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah idk about using Captain Marvel has an example. A better example would be Ava Duvernay getting the New Gods gig from WB/DC despite A Wrinkle in Time flopping. It's not ideal that A Wrinkle in Time was critically panned and no one saw it but it's good that we see a female director be allowed to fail and still get another shot at another big budgeted film. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That makes no sense. If women make great films, Hollywood executives will naturally want to make more of them and try to find the next great female voice, and the next great female character. There is no reason to celebrate Captain Marvel being a mediocre movie.

 

I'm not saying I disagree that women should be allowed to make bad movies and be given second chances like the male filmmakers are given, but Captain Marvel being mediocre is not exactly helping the cause. WTF?

As another user said Ava DuVernay is a better example as she had a film that flat out flopped  and still got another chance for a blockbuster just because of how good her prior WiT work was.

 

 

I like you avatar but technically Beauty and The Beast holds the OW record.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

There will be no info until at least after the release of Spider-Man Far From Home. I think Kevin Feige said so himself. They cannot do an event like they did with the phase 3 announcement until after that as that could potentially spoil things from Endgame. 

 

We will likely get information regarding phase 4 or whatever direction they are going to go in the future at SDCC or more likely at D23. By this time the Fox deal would also be completed so they will be free to announce Xmen/F4 movies as well.

SDCC this year is gonna be on  🔥🔥🔥

 

They could wait and do the big announcement for the upcoming films D23,  but that crowd is never as hyped as the SDCC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

Black Widow is still waiting to be greenlit. 

Gonna have to change the name to Grey Widow at the rate the MCU is dragging their knuckles, poor ScarJo (and Scarlett Witch), it must sting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Gonna have to change the name to Grey Widow at the rate the MCU is dragging their knuckles, poor ScarJo (and Scarlett Witch), it must sting.

Bonkers that it took them 21 movies to have a female lead, I would have expected a BW movie way sooner. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Bonkers that it took them 21 movies to have a female lead, I would have expected a BW movie way sooner. 

Gotta give 'em credit for their marketing, they managed to convince (some) people that cheering Alita over CM was anti-women even though Alita needs the money and CM doesn't. 

 

James Cameron made the top two movies of all time without Disney-tier marketing, I wonder how much he can pull in OW when he gets access to the real marketing sharks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's a shame that so many outside forces have tainted Alita. It's a pretty good movie that I wanted to do better but now I'm laughing at its collapse this weekend because it was co-opted by bigots. And the non bigoted extreme fans are annoying me as well. The denial some had about it being murdered this weekend was bizarre. It's not a James Cameron movie so it was never going to perform like one of his movies. 

Right now in the Alita thread the Die Hard Alita fans have stuck their fingers in their ears, and are jumping up and down going "LALA I CAN"T HERE YOU!" about what happened with Alita's box office this weekend.

 

 

21 hours ago, DMan7 said:

DC won't ever get the upper hand again in the comic book movie lanscape at least not in this century. Even if they managed to have a string of critically successful movies it won't add up to anything close to the universe which the competition has built up and continues to keep building. They have missed the boat but there's nothing wrong with being 2nd. 

I am not so damn sure about that. If SHAZAM is a hit and is well liked DC will have done something they have not done before:put together a couple of  well I;liked hits that send the audience away wanting more in a row,.

Yes, DC has had hits in a row before, bur audiences walked out with very mixed feelings.

 

  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

That's BS. We already know it's been greenlit.

I think the go slow on Marvel Studios announcing future projects is because they are waiting for the FOx/Disney deal to take effect;I suspect a whole slew of annuncment later this year. My own guess we will get a Fantastic Four reboot first.And Maybe it will be done right this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.