Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Spider-Man shows his super strength after he webs Steve arms. SM pulls at him and Steve (who recently kept a helicopter from taking off) has to use all his strength to resist until he spins and uses SM's force and webs against like a slingshot. 

They also have coms and SM stopped Bucky's arm with so little effort he and then made a joke about how cool it was.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Most Critics hate DC since Marvel became mainstream, so fuck them.  Their lost.

but the damage is done, now JL will be a endless joke fest, to please the critics and their need for comedy action SH movies

Edited by Belakor

9 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Most Critics hate DC since Marvel became mainstream, so fuck them.  Their lost.

but the damage is done, now JL will be a endless joke fest, to please the critics and their need for comedy action SH movies

If BvS was a great movie, then there would be no need to copy Marvel's formula.

The blame goes to Snyder and WB.

Having said that, people are responding well to the humor in the Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman trailers.

Humor is sometimes needed to help sell ridiculous concepts to a somewhat cynical audience.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

There's no way this movie tops Civil War and becomes the worst CBM of the year.

200_s.gif1. Civil War 2.Deadpool 3.BvS 4. X-Men:Apocalypse. Hoping Suicide Squad can fill the number 2 or 3 spot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James said:

That seems insanely great to me considering SS is the only movie on that list that is not a sequel.

Nah.

Nobody wants to see SS.

Insane social media buzz only means real-world interest when it's a Marvel Studio film.

Otherwise (especially DCEU movies) it means that a minuscule subset of fans is probably artificially pumping up social media buzz because they are dying to make their fave films succeed.

Yep.

SS will flop.

And you KNOW that I love the DCEU and I want it to smash all kinds of records...I want it to be as awesome as I think my own fantasies about the DCEU are...but I am not feeling Suicide Squad.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

Thought I would put this here since to me it perfectly describes the divisiveness of MOS. The reasons they list why people like it are the reasons I'm a big fan of it and I'm sure the reasons they give for people who hate it are the same as those who don't care for it. 

DCUU first phase is way ahead of MCU by comparison. Obviously TA won't be challenged until the standalone Batman film arrives, but so far DCCU is averaging 300m per film and SS is as much of a hit as GotG was. Internationally MCU superior.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

DCUU first phase is way ahead of MCU by comparison. Obviously TA won't be challenged until the standalone Batman film arrives, but so far DCCU is averaging 300m per film and SS is as much of a hit as GotG was. Internationally MCU superior.

Also the first three DC films cost way more to make than the early MCU films (thanks to Perlmutter's tight grip on the purse strings) so profit margin isn't that vastly different.  There's also a vast difference in climate between the past couple of years and when early MCU released.   It was past the era of the 80s Batman movies, X-men seemed to be suffering fatigue and FF was a total flop.  Spiderman was the biggest game in town, really.  Things have changed a lot.  

CBM are considered more wide appeal nowadays than they used to be.

A lot of things seem to rise and fall in popularity over time.  I'm just glad Animation is really hitting its stride again.

Edited by Sal

8 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

You are comparing Apples to Oranges... Some may say DC is experiencing such high opening weekends because Marvel whet the audiences appetite for superhero movies...  

12 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

DCUU first phase is way ahead of MCU by comparison. 

No, not really except for The Incredible Hulk, which was MCU before audiences even knew what that was. But anyways adjusted DOM:

Iron Man vs BvS 384m vs 331m

Iron Man 2 vs MoS: 340m vs 300m

The Incredible Hulk vs Suicide Squad: 162m vs 265m 

And none of those MCU ones even had 3d either (nor IMAX iirc).

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

No, not really except for The Incredible Hulk, which was MCU before audiences even knew what that was. But anyways adjusted DOM:

Please don't lol

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

But why? Why do you guys keep doing this? This forum is a fucking cancer right now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

:circles: I can't help it, just one reply:

Adjusted is meaningless, though. It's not like the studios got that extra money.

:ohmygod:

:kitschjob: 

• Like 1