Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Rushed unlike the Avatar sequels

The planning and design put into the Avatar sequels is like nothing we've ever seen before.

That coupled with Jim and an 11 year technology creep, our minds are going to be blown yet again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The planning and design put into the Avatar sequels is like nothing we've ever seen before.

That coupled with Jim and an 11 year technology creep, our minds are going to be blown yet again.

Imagine the amount of hard drive space needed to render Avatar 2. Sooooooooooooooooooo much.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Feige is gonna need to balance between having the shows not be filler but also not be so essential to say an Avengers 5 film so that it won't alienate those who don't watch the shows. Though Infinity War might have shown that audiences are ok with not necessarily knowing every thing leading up to said film as long as the film itself is great.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Disney+ looks very exciting. If it delivers then it can surely overtake Netflix WW, not sure about NA but WW Disney brand specially Marvel brand is very strong. 

Disney + is not gonna be strong worldwide because it won't be available worldwide for a long while.

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Weekend thread wasn’t the right place to continue this discussion, but going on the record with CM2>CM>WW>WW84

Would that be that unexpected? Even if WW84 turns out better than CM the difference in brand power alone guarantees WW84 to come under CM.

WW84 will not earn much in Asia for example. The only popular DC movie in Asia has been Aquaman.

Domestically WW84 has a shot to battle CM but overseas the brand popularity alone means that WW84 will have a hard time to reach even 500M overseas, something a Marvel made movie like CM easily can make over.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Weekend thread wasn’t the right place to continue this discussion, but going on the record with CM2>CM>WW>WW84

Thanks for posting this here. 

I think ww84 will have a larger opening weekend but still get close to or pass WW domestic total by the end of its run(with shorter legs of course) and I think it will increase overseas as well, not by that much but I think ww84 will pass original ww worldwide.

I have no clue if it will get near a billion so I’d have to agree that I don’t think it would pass CM 1 or 2 (when the sequel happens). 

Edited by cax16

51 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Would that be that unexpected? Even if WW84 turns out better than CM the difference in brand power alone guarantees WW84 to come under CM.

WW84 will not earn much in Asia for example. The only popular DC movie in Asia has been Aquaman.

Domestically WW84 has a shot to battle CM but overseas the brand popularity alone means that WW84 will have a hard time to reach even 500M overseas, something a Marvel made movie like CM easily can make over.

I meant domestically. Worldwide I think WW84 will beat WW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m thinking more:

CM2 > WW1984 > CM > WW DOM

CM2 > CM =or> WW1984 > WW WW

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m thinking more:

CM2 > WW1984 > CM > WW DOM

CM2 > CM =or> WW1984 > WW WW

Yeah, that also looks very possible. I’m certainly hoping 84 is great and goes really high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordNox said:

CM has been playing off the EndGame connection and hype.

There is no reason to believe CM2 will achieve more than the first without that hype, I believe it will probably reduce significantly.

WW on the other hand has being playing on TV channels to considerable success. There is a whole bunch of people that would be prepared to see WW84 in cinemas that didn't see the first because of brand distrust.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, that also looks very possible. I’m certainly hoping 84 is great and goes really high.

It is sad that due to fanboy bullshit, it is hard to create a discussion about box office without it hitting the shitter and you have to come here.

• Like 1