Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

And why are you using the fact someone looks impoverished as a derogatory term? That is classism. 

Forget it Evans. It's a failed school system. 

Because he does look impoverished. 

And yeah, I agree the British school system is pretty shit. And didn't you imply during the last conversation that we had that people who studied in international school systems are not intelligent (when you assumed I studied in an international school)? I wonder what that makes you.

6 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

So you must agree that using slang that is offensive towards those who have less than others (which in our day and age is a very big number, and in my opinion one of the biggest problems our society has to sort) is classist?

Except Filmgob doesn't have less than me. In fact, he probably has more wealth than I do.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Because he does look impoverished. 

And yeah, I agree the British school system is pretty shit. And didn't you imply during the last conversation that we had that people who studied in international school systems are not intelligent (when you assumed I studied in an international school)? I wonder what that makes you.

An autodidact my friend. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except Filmgob doesn't have less than me. In fact, he probably has more wealth than I do.

How does this change what bigotry is? I can be of an unknown socio-economic background, yet call someone something with derogatory connotations - e.g. calling someone from the working class a parasite, or claiming that someone looks homeless and that this means something bad is by definition to be bigoted as it is clearly showing intolerance towards those who are dressed a certain way (in your cases example). 

This doesn't even begin to address the inherent contraction within bigotry and intolerance, but I've been dragged into Popperian arguments on here before that went nowhere and don't want to go down that road again. 

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

claiming that someone looks homeless and that this means something bad is by definition to be bigoted as it is clearly showing intolerance towards those who are dressed a certain way (in your cases example). 

I never said looking homeless is a bad thing. I said looking homeless when you have the resources, money, time, and luxury not to is bad. And it doesn't seem to be conscious fashion choice either. 

19 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

And why is that? What's wrong with looking a certain way, irrespective of what that way is? 

Nothing wrong with looking a certain way. But looking like you are unable to make yourself look neat, clean, and healthy is bad when you have all the resources to do so. Impoverished people work harder, lack education, lack sleep, lack a good diet, lack cleanliness, etc because they can't afford any of those things which makes them look untidy and unhealthy. They have to try to get the bare necessities to live in the first place before they can think about how they look.

Now before you go and call me a classist, I know that poor people can look clean and healthy but generally, they are unable to because of their living conditions and their inability to afford things (the things above) that make people look cleaner and healthy. 

Well, I'm done here.

Edited by lorddemaxus

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I know that poor people can look clean and healthy but generally, they are unable to because of their living conditions and their inability to afford things

You just confirmed your bigotry. If you were to replace any of the arguments you just made with a race you'd be jumped on without a second thought for being a bigot. How you can't see that is beyond me. 

8 minutes ago, Essem said:

If this last season of GoT was made into a cinematic trilogy of 2hr 30 mins movies. What would its box office be like?

It is a bit hypothetical, but $150 billion would be my guess. Unfortunately we can't know for sure, it could also be $500 billion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

You just confirmed your bigotry. If you were to replace any of the arguments you just made with a race you'd be jumped on without a second thought for being a bigot. How you can't see that is beyond me. 

So you are saying poor people can afford all the things I mentioned above? How I would be jumped on if I changed it to race makes no sense. Being black, brown, white, etc doesn't change your ability to take care of yourself and make yourself look cleaner and healthier. Being poor does. Am I also a bigot for saying that there is a positive correlation between poverty and crime?

Edited by lorddemaxus