Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

That means with about 50m US subs, 60% or so watched GoT S7 during the month it premiered.  142m HBO subs worldwide and a similar ratio would get an average of 85m viewers total for S7.

Now obviously, that’s also not counting the massive amounts of people who illegally or multiple people watching a stream together (watch party).

Viewer rating are not how many account watched it estimate, but how many people watched it rough estimate:

Nielsen ratings tell media participants who was exposed to content and advertising. We use multiple metrics such as reach, frequency, averages and the well known ratings—the percentage of a specific population that was exposed to content and ads—to determine exposure. 

To measure TV audiences and derive our viewing metrics (i.e., ratings, reach, frequency), we use proprietary electronic measuring devices and software to capture what content, network or station viewers are watching on each TV and digital devices in the homes of our Nielsen Families. In total, we measure  hundreds of networks, hundreds of stations, thousands of programs and millions of viewers. In the U.S., electronic measuring devices and millions of cable/satellite boxes are used to provide local market-level viewing behaviors, enabling the media marketplace to gain a granular view of TV audiences.

Our measuring technology and devices capture which networks/stations viewers are tuned into on each television set in the home. Our meters and technology can also identify who is watching, as well as when, including time-shifted viewing.. ....... ensure that we capture person-level viewing behavior, not just set top box  level viewing.

They would not nowaday need Nielsen to know rating if they wanted just box level granularity.

Edited by Barnack

2 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

Shazam didn't hit 25 million in its 2nd weekend. An absolute disappointment and embarassing for a superhero film. Hahaha. Can't wait for Shazam 2 and Black Adam to never actually be made. Be the cowards that you are WB!  

Should add some creativity in your trolling instead of copy-paste:

Edited by Barnack

47 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Viewer rating are not how many account watched it estimate, but how many people watched it rough estimate:

Nielsen ratings tell media participants who was exposed to content and advertising. We use multiple metrics such as reach, frequency, averages and the well known ratings—the percentage of a specific population that was exposed to content and ads—to determine exposure. 

To measure TV audiences and derive our viewing metrics (i.e., ratings, reach, frequency), we use proprietary electronic measuring devices and software to capture what content, network or station viewers are watching on each TV and digital devices in the homes of our Nielsen Families. In total, we measure  hundreds of networks, hundreds of stations, thousands of programs and millions of viewers. In the U.S., electronic measuring devices and millions of cable/satellite boxes are used to provide local market-level viewing behaviors, enabling the media marketplace to gain a granular view of TV audiences.

Our measuring technology and devices capture which networks/stations viewers are tuned into on each television set in the home. Our meters and technology can also identify who is watching, as well as when, including time-shifted viewing.. ....... ensure that we capture person-level viewing behavior, not just set top box  level viewing.

They would not nowaday need Nielsen to know rating if they wanted just box level granularity.

You should change your avatar to this

Screenshot_9.jpg

4 hours ago, Tom Swelling said:

Shazam didn't hit 25 million in its 2nd weekend. An absolute disappointment and embarassing for a superhero film. Hahaha. Can't wait for Shazam 2 and Black Adam to never actually be made. Be the cowards that you are WB!  

Weak troll attempt. What an odd figure to target, being 600k under that is fine

Gonna rank the Avengers/Guardians from most likeable to least likeabe because I'm bored.

Cap

Thor/Rocket/Scott tie

Sam/Nebula/Spider-man/Clint/Strange tie

Tchalla/Hope/Natasha/Groot tie

Gamora/Tony/Hulk/Wanda/Vision/Quill tie

Bucky/Pietro tie

-huge gap-

Rhodey/Carol

• Knock It Off 1

Interesting, Nebula is near the absolute bottom for me. Rocket is so whiney. Thor is a male equivalent of Carol so not sure I understand that one (I love both but need to see more of Carol like we did from Thor in his last film). I like Scott but way too high. Quill is fair. Gamora ouch. Tony and Tchalla ridiculous. Groot is really high up there for me, brave tough SOB. LOVE Vision, way higher for me but I'm a huge paul bettany fan. Clint is down about 5 spots for me.

16 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Don't kill the messenger.

And for what is worth,maybe they don't only count views from HBO but also those who tuned it with some network that has partnered with HBO and live streams the show.

I don't like nor watch GOT but even I don't try to downplay. There's nothing bigger in pop culture right now than GOT

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Someone leaked almost 5 minutes of footage from the third act of Avengers Endgame, and as expected it looks like a bland CGI mess.

Did someone told you to post it here? There is specific thread for that. And Snyder fanboy if it is CGI mess I believe it's better than fake CGI moustache of your beloved actor and way better than BvS , JL and MoS :stooges:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I don't like nor watch GOT but even I don't try to downplay. There's nothing bigger in pop culture right now than GOT

Yeah but 1Billion is way exaggeration... In reality I don't think 1Billion people even have heard of GoT

Live numbers are definitely not above 50m worldwide. It's the people who watch it after that is huge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/08/game-of-thrones-was-pirated-more-than-a-billion-times-far-more-than-it-was-watched-legally/

200m for s7 premier. And you can't count every piracy. For comparison to other shows, s5 finale was downloaded 14.4 m times from torrent freak, compared to 6.6m for second most pirated show, TWD (most in 2018 as GoT didn't air), and 4.4m for big bang. TWD dropped 42% this year.

Illegal streaming numbers are not counted as well as direct downloads. 

Just you think this thread cannot get any worse, it does.

Next Thing we will have the Fans of Sports Teams get on here and try to hijack the thread.

"Pop Culture Phenemnon of the Decade" equals "This look like the New Big Thing, and I am going to jump on the bandwagon"

GOd, I hate Bandwagon fans.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

"Pop Culture Phenemnon of the Decade" equals "This look like the New Big Thing, and I am going to jump on the bandwagon"

GOd, I hate Bandwagon fans.

It is never too late to discover Game of Thrones, I guess. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Someone leaked almost 5 minutes of footage from the third act of Avengers Endgame, and as expected it looks like a bland CGI mess.

Yeah they should just sit down , have a peace meeting and solve their differences in a civil matter. CGI battles in the ending of a modern fantasy/superhero film, oh the humanity....

• Haha 1