Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is never too late to discover Game of Thrones, I guess. :hahaha:

I loved the books before the show, so , yeah, I have a certain dislike of the newbies.

Partoculary when they proclaim their fandom amidst all the publicity the last season of the show is getting.

I also think this thread should be confined to theatrical release films ( don't run the line that because a couple of epsidoes were shown in theaters that GOT should be regarded as a threatrical film).

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah they should just sit down , have a peace meeting and solve their differences in a civil matter. CGI battles in the ending of a modern fantasy/superhero film, oh the humanity....

And the motivation should be they find out their mothers have the same name....

• Thanks 1

It looks to me very much like a significant section of the public, having given up on attempting to understand the reality they are actually living in, have instead reasoned that they might at least be able to comprehend the sprawling, meaningless, but at-least-still-finite 'universes' presented by DC or Marvel Comics. I would also observe that it is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times. - Alan Moore

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Venom - 29% on RT 855M worldwide

Shazam - 91% on RT sub-400M worldwide

when will critics reviews start helping movies at the box office :thinking:

Helping movies at the box office is not the job of critics.....

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

It's all about the popularity of the characters.

Venom = Sweet! Venom!!

Shazam = Who or what the hell is Shazam??

Good news is Shazam! was a great movie so the franchise has big potential, especially with the Rock as Black Adam.

On 4/16/2019 at 5:07 PM, dudalb said:

I loved the books before the show, so , yeah, I have a certain dislike of the newbies.

Partoculary when they proclaim their fandom amidst all the publicity the last season of the show is getting.

I also think this thread should be confined to theatrical release films ( don't run the line that because a couple of epsidoes were shown in theaters that GOT should be regarded as a threatrical film).

You sound butthurt that the show is as popular as it is

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RealLyre said:

You need to compare it with

Venom - 91% on RT - 1.3B WW

Shazam - 29% on RT - sub 200M WW

I guess... 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimiQ said:

You need to compare it with

Venom - 91% on RT - 1.3B WW

Shazam - 29% on RT - sub 200M WW

I guess... 🙂

No way would venom increase that much. I believe what Venom earned is with the very good word of mouth it had. China doesn't care about RT but it had very good legs in China so even with more RT it wouldn't increase 450M

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:06 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

It looks to me very much like a significant section of the public, having given up on attempting to understand the reality they are actually living in, have instead reasoned that they might at least be able to comprehend the sprawling, meaningless, but at-least-still-finite 'universes' presented by DC or Marvel Comics. I would also observe that it is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times. - Alan Moore

While it is true I think that people need it more now with depression more high than before and people more sad about things like the global warming 

17 hours ago, JB33 said:

It's all about the popularity of the characters.

Venom = Sweet! Venom!!

Shazam = Who or what the hell is Shazam??

Good news is Shazam! was a great movie so the franchise has big potential, especially with the Rock as Black Adam.

And, ironically, Sony has that problem with Mobius..who is not well known outside the hard core Spidey fans.

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And, ironically, Sony has that problem with Mobius..who is not well known outside the hard core Spidey fans.

Morbius has Leto, though (plus maybe venom cameo)

So, turns out Amber Heard's abuser, Johnny Depp, wanted to kill her career too, by trying to get her fired from Justice League and Aquaman.

Which makes this even more DELICIOUS:

bFrc7ax.png D8NbMhg.png

She just continues to win.

Time's up, bitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1