Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

So the odds are back in Avatar's favour... looks like Endgame missed the mark

so much for locked

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

You can excuse all you like, but people did not like the versions of Supes and Bats presented in BvS...Supes in particular. They did not like a Supes who spent most of the film moping around feeling sorry for himself.

People did not like the SNyderverse, and it came back to haunt DC/Warners with Justice League.

Not excusing for what's objectively there in the movie. 

As if I'd want that shitty JL to not haunt DC/Warners. I'll take any F4 movie over that.

Marvel wins again. Why can't DC get its shit together and cast actors who are not miscast. To quote @The Futurist DUDE BROS are happy with the casting because Rpat played in some indie movies. But have they seen those indies? What's so impressive about his performance in garbage movie HIGH LIFE? Nothing. Anyway, it doesn't even matter how many indies he made to gain credibility,  when he's miscast as Batman.

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 2

1 minute ago, Alli said:

What's so impressive about his performance in garbage movie HIGH LIFE? 

And just right there, your opinion on this topic goes down the shitter.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Indie darling Jesse Einseberg, you're not the worst DC casting choice anymore. when will WB learn. Just because you played depressed in some indies, doesn't mean you have it to transition to the big boys. RPat already did the big budget and he sucked.

Edited by Alli
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So the odds are back in Avatar's favour... looks like Endgame missed the mark

so much for locked

I mean, no matter if Endgame beats it or not, nothing will ever take away from what Avatar accomplished. Yeah, it had exchange rates and 3D novelty to its favor, but it was still an original movie - sold mostly on a novelty concept + a director riding off of the colossal success of his previous movie - hitting nearly 3 billion worldwide. That's incredible. Endgame, whether it beats it or not, will not run away with the gold, and that's a testament to how not easy it is to hit a number quite like Avatar's, which, while I still think Endgame will walk away with the W, is a number that I thought might never be matched. Although, if Avatar 2 somehow stays flat WW sub-China (China will obviously increase and might go for 500M), it might be the only thing to hit 3 billion anytime soon.

At the same time, even you cannot deny that what Endgame accomplished - building up for 11 years to a ridiculously epic event WW to the point where it cruised past 2 billion in the same time it took Infinity War to hit ONE billion - is also mightily impressive. Both will go down in history as box office juggernauts, and Endgame will go down as the only movie so far to dethrone at least one of James Cameron's two behemoths so far. I think both Jim and Marvel fanboys can celebrate this one.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

@Alli's love of Ansel Elgort and Aladdin 2019 but sheer, vehement hatred for Robert Pattinson is pretty strange

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TMP said:

@Alli's love of Ansel Elgort and Aladdin 2019 but sheer, vehement hatred for Robert Pattinson is pretty strange

It's not that strange, it's just called "bad taste"

• Like 3

As for Endgame beating Avatar: yeah it is happening. See Good Time y’all. Pattinson will slay as Bats.

22 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

As for Endgame beating Avatar: yeah it is happening. See Good Time y’all. Pattinson will slay as Bats.

The big difference here is that Batwoman looks like more grimdark CW garbage, while Pattinson is arguably the most interesting actor of his whole generation. He was also the most fan-casted actor I saw for the part, even more than Armie Hammer and Richard Madden, so outside of some twitter dudes who see 1 movie a year I don't think anyone's denying Pattinson's great acting.

Posted (edited)

Pattinson is a good actor and a good choice for Batman, don't see why would anyone rage over that :huh: Is it because he was in the bastardization of vampires Twilight? So was Kristen Stewart, and you'll find fewer actresses of her generation with a more interesting portfolio than her.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

The big difference here is that Batwoman looks like more grimdark CW garbage, while Pattinson is arguably the most interesting actor of his whole generation. He was also the most fan-casted actor I saw for the part, even more than Armie Hammer and Richard Madden, so outside of some twitter dudes who see 1 movie a year I don't think anyone's denying Pattinson's great acting.

I’m genuinely impressed with the production value in the Batwoman trailer. I just saw it and for a CW tv show, I’m thoroughly impressed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m genuinely impressed with the production value in the Swamp Thing trailer. I just saw it and for a tv show from the production company of Titans, I’m thoroughly impressed.

Change some words and I agree!

Posted (edited)

This happens time and time again. Batman has a history of casting outrage. People freaked for Keaton probably worse than they're freaking now for Pattison considering the time back in 1988. He's the GOAT Batman (imo). People freaked for Heath (don't do revisionist history, I watched it as it happened. People HATED; LGBT jokes that people made, making jokes about his flop movies like the order, making fun of him being a heartthrob via 10 things I hate about you, etc), he's not only looked at as GOAT Joker but many look at him as GOAT VILLAIN in movies; at least on that tier).

Affleck - Whether people liked him or not he played what he was asked to play, a Dark Knight Returns influenced Batman, and that's exactly what he did in BvS. JL doesn't count because that was a mess and he was "marvelized (not a marvel diss, i say this meaning that Batman was reduced to making tension breaking jokes- it was MCU esque, and that's just not Batman imo)" by Whedon. It was awful.

Anyway - I don't like the casting (if it turns out to be true) but it was Reeves' choice; if anyone has read up on the movie Reeves asked for 100 percent creative control. This was Reeves choice not WBs. 

:https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/creative-control-reportedly-brought-matt-reeves-back-batman/

https://geektyrant.com/news/story-of-how-director-matt-reeves-reportedly-gained-full-creative-control-of-the-batman

Don't believe that? Here's more from reddit lining it up:

Reeves has full creative control over the film.Why do you think Matt Reeves exited the talks to direct the Batman in early 2017?

A week after entering negotiations to direct The Batman, Matt Reeves has exited the talks, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

A studio source confirms that negotiations have broken down. The possibility, however, exists that talks could resume when heads cool. The studio is intent on making the movie no matter what, as the Batman franchise has proven to be bigger than one. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-negotiations-break-down-director-matt-reeves-977266

1 week later, Matt Reeves closed a deal to direct and produce The Batman for WB.

There were reports Reeves wanted creative control just like Nolan had it with TDK trilogy

Another report:

Reeves' involvement was far from a sure thing just a few days ago. While the initial reports pointed to a deal being all but a formality, as talks continued, Reeves and Warner Bros. were reportedly at odds and the studio saw their frontrunner ready to walk. According to a new report, Reeves' issue had to do with creative freedom.

Following the negotiations that saw him officially sign on to the project, Reeves now reportedly has "the final say on all things The Batman."

With this control and freedom, Reeves has the ability to make the movie he intends and does not have to worry about the studio demanding changes. https://screenrant.com/batman-matt-reeves-creative-control-dceu/

I doubt WB will demand change when Matt Reeves cast the actor he wants for the role.

Everyone can (and should) make the jokes and be disappointed but with that said also be prepared to eat crow IF he kills it.

Edited by jaybox

7 hours ago, Alli said:

Marvel wins again. Why can't DC get its shit together and cast actors who are not miscast. To quote @The Futurist DUDE BROS are happy with the casting because Rpat played in some indie movies. But have they seen those indies? What's so impressive about his performance in garbage movie HIGH LIFE? Nothing. Anyway, it doesn't even matter how many indies he made to gain credibility,  when he's miscast as Batman.

The hyperbole regarding Pattinson's performance in a couple indie movies is hilarious. Dude's are legit acting like he's the second coming of DDL

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

5 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The hyperbole regarding Pattinson's performance in a couple indie movies is hilarious. Dude's are legit acting like he's the second coming of DDL

His performances are nothing special. seriously, what's so great about HIGH LIFE performance? He's getting hyped because people equate indies with good film making.  Proof, he was never nominated for even a Golden Globe like a young actor we shall not name

• Not Cool 1

Ignoring Pattinson’s great performance in High Life (Don’t @ me cause it’s true), we shouldn’t judge an actor by their cover. I mean did anyone think Robert Downey Jr. would make a good Iron Man or Gal Gadot a good Wonder Woman?

I thought I told you that if you swing at the king you better not miss

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Ignoring Pattinson’s great performance in High Life (Don’t @ me cause it’s true), we shouldn’t judge an actor by their cover. I mean did anyone think Robert Downey Jr. would make a good Iron Man or Gal Gadot a good Wonder Woman?

Yes and Yes

Especially the RDJ, that was an easy one to say "wow, look at the personal story he has to draw on for Tony where there are parallels". I even recall outlets saying it was a good choice. Now they couched it by also saying risky cause RDJ was still on his way back and unproven as a lead but as a talent he was lauded for the choice. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Yes and Yes

Especially the RDJ, that was an easy one to say "wow, look at the personal story he has to draw on for Tony where there are parallels". I even recall outlets saying it was a good choice. Now they couched it by also saying risky cause RDJ was still on his way back and unproven as a lead but as a talent he was lauded for the choice. 

There are several old comic book and superhero forums  and you can see there was generally good-to-great response from Iron Man fans to RDJ's casting announcement. Like you said, most of the speculation and worry had to do with whether he'd be able to stay out of trouble.