Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, I Am said:

Before February 2018: "#SUPPORTBLACKFILMSANDDIRECTORSANDACTORSHOLLYWOODWECANMAKEYOULOTSOFMONEYREPRESENTUSANDSEEUS"

June 2019: "#IAINTGOTNOINTERESTINTHATCORNYASSMOVIEIDGAFABOUTTHEBLACKASSDIRECTORORORTHEBLACKCASTIONLYSEEBIGBUDGETBLACKMOVIESLOLFOH"

Again there’s a major difference between Shaft and Black Panther. People still care about Shaft but Black Panther is more important especially culturally. I plan on seeing Shaft because my mom is really interested and I would’ve caught it eventually but Black Panther was the first superhero film she enjoyed due to the themes. My old high school’s Black History Month presentation last year was all about Black Panther.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Killmonger wanted to take revenge on European Imperialism with Imperialism of his own lol 

Not really defensible... 

Neither is killing billions to solve overpopulation. He was the villain. 

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Killmonger wanted to take revenge on European Imperialism with Imperialism of his own lol 

Not really defensible... 

Really ? He wanted to turn region into Wakanda colonies and all that ?

Edited by Barnack

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, LaughingEvans said:

Not gonna bother with that. The watchmen movie was bad enough for me. 

I am skeptical about the tv show myself, but don't judge the novel from the film. I loved the novel, considered it a masterpiece of the  graphic novel format,, but I did not like the movie very much. Snyder screwed it up in many ways, despite his making a big deal about how faithful he was tohe original. Snyder...surprise, surprise, ..totally misread several of the charecters.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Really ? He wanted to turn region into Wakanda colonies and all that ?

Did you see the freaking movie? At the climax he was basically planning to take over the world with superior Wakanda technology and had one of the films best lines with "The Sun Will Never Set On The Wakandan Empire" as he announced the attacks would open with one on London.......

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am skeptical about the tv show myself, but don't judge the novel from the film. I loved the novel, considered it a masterpiece of the  graphic novel format,, but I did not like the movie very much. Snyder screwed it up in many ways, despite his making a big deal about how faithful he was tohe original. Snyder...surprise, surprise, ..totally misread several of the charecters.

The TV show is from Lindelof though, who's infinitely more talented than Snyder. Leftovers was also a pretty great blueprint for his take on Watchmen, since that played with structure, time and had a great deal of thematic and emotional weight to it.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve said this already, but I guess it bears repeating once more. The reason Black Panther is seen as culturally significant isn’t that it stars a black man, but that it’s a big budget Hollywood blockbuster featuring a cast that’s almost entirely comprised of black people. Sure, there have been big movies in the past with black people in major roles (hell, Suicide Squad was one of them), but a big budget movie that revolves almost exclusively around black people, and that doesn’t feature black people living in poverty or being oppressed by white people, is a pretty significant milestone for Hollywood.

For the record, I certainly didn’t think the movie itself was Best Picture material, but it’s not hard to see why people made such a big deal out of it. 

Someone noted that Black Panther was basically a classic H Rider Haggard style Jungle adventure film, the difference being

the main charecters were black.

4 hours ago, I Am said:

And as I've responded, the "conditions" necessary ("big budget" and "blockbuster") for social justice pretenders "allies" and their pets to express "interest" in seeing films with a predominantly black cast means they're cappin' for social clout. If there were true "interest" in supporting "black" films, these folks wouldn't need a massive Disney hype campaign to convince them to actually do so.

BP was a good entertaining movie. That is the main reason is made so much money. That is also was the first huge blockbuster with a almost completely Black cast is a nice bonus.

But that you seem to be so angry about it being a success does not say much good about you.

Yes, you do have a certain nmber of people who will jump on any bandwagon to prove how "progressive" there are, but name me one movement or cause that does not have some phonies among it supporters.

And I suspect quite a few of the Internet Trump fanboys do so because somehow it makes htem think they are "cool" and "edgy",

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

The TV show is from Lindelof though, who's infinitely more talented than Snyder. Leftovers was also a pretty great blueprint for his take on Watchmen, since that played with structure, time and had a great deal of thematic and emotional weight to it.

Just seems to me that the Watchmen works best as  a self contained single novel, and don't see how a sequel could add much tot he points that Moore was making.

And Liedelof, though a good writer, is no Alan Moore.

Also not thrileed with the current Watchmen Sequel  comics. Bringing them into the main DC universe totally destroys every point that Moore was trying to make. God, can't the comic book companies understand that somethings are better done as stand alones?

2 hours ago, Nerfy said:

Neither is killing billions to solve overpopulation. He was the villain. 

And the T'CHalla  made the point that Killmonger was no better then the Imperialists he hated so much,he had become what he hated.

Edited by dudalb

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

This thread is a dumpster fire. 

I didn’t think it could worse. 

Please keep it here. 

Just don’t call each other names. 

Edit: @Tele Dondarrion  What hath thou wrought?

I think Tele created this to try to draw some of the more extreme forms of fan stupidity away from other sections.

It sort of worked.he drew a lot of the stupidity to this cesspool, but it still spills over into other threads.

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Not really defensible... 

Imperials dictating how the "imperialized" "should" respond to imperialism is also quite humorous.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

But that you seem to be so angry about it being a success does not say much good about you.

"Black Panther" is in my upper range of mid-tier Marvel Cinematic Universe films, so between this and the earlier implicit accusation that I hate Disney, I'm having a good laugh, actually.

Yes, you do have a certain nmber of people who will jump on any bandwagon to prove how "progressive" there are,

Ah! So, you are capable of grasping the point.

Edited by I Am

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I think Tele created this to try to draw some of the more extreme forms of fan stupidity away from other sections.

It sort of worked.he drew a lot of the stupidity to this cesspool, but it still spills over into other threads.

I also think it's important to tag Tele in here every so often.

@Tele Dondarrion 

This thread is BOT's version of Chernobyl's Safe Confinement.

p04n3g70.jpg

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

"thread is a cesspool"

checks last page (half posts are from dudalab"

yeah checks out

• Like 1
  • Haha 3