Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Imagine putting your heart and soul into making the highest grossing movie of all time, and ten years later nobody remembers it except for "ooooo pretty effects"

Then something was wrong with the film...................and Cameron has no one to blame but himself since he was in total control.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, DAJK said:

nobody remembers it except for "ooooo pretty effects"

A visual medium being remembered for the visuals? I never. You're also forgetting that you are still talking about its box office 10 years later. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Imagine putting your heart and soul into making the highest grossing movie of all time, and ten years later nobody remembers it except for "ooooo pretty effects"

Star Wars missed the mark aswell buddy.

I could have done better with that franchise than Kennedy that's for sure.

• Like 2

If anyone was offended by that, I was making a joke lol. I love Cameron, and think most of his movies are breathtaking one way or another (if not narratively, than at least visually). I don't want to contribute to any toxicity in this thread, but rather just take a friendly jab at a rival fandom :) 

Looking at people trying to rile up the Cameronites is like watching angry puppies bark up a storm.

Adorably futile.

There was a slight shift in the force lately, but sadly I don't think we'll get to see the Cameronites budge from that high horse after all.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If anyone was offended by that, I was making a joke lol. I love Cameron, and think most of his movies are breathtaking one way or another (if not narratively, than at least visually). I don't want to contribute to any toxicity in this thread, but rather just take a friendly jab at a rival fandom :) 

I like a lot of Cameron's films but think that Avatar is one of his weakest films.

And lest I be accused of being a Cameron hater, I think that Terminator:Dark Fate looks like it will be the first good film in the franchise since T2, and if so, I credit the return of Cameron for that.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Imagine the climactic culmination of 22 movies being forgotten in less than 4 weeks. Wewwwwww 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I don't know where else to put this, cause we don't have the SDCC 2019 Thread up {1} and my Thoughts TM on this might come off as Fangirl War-ish:

It: Chapter 2 Coming To SDCC; WB To Set Out Hall H

THIS IS SO EFFING GOD DAMN STUPID.  OMG.  WHAAAAAAAA.

I'm shookth.  I will be the first to tell you, I'm not a fan of the WB Presentation on Saturday.  I consider it more of requisite before Kevin rolls up.  But WB just flat out conceding to Marvel is mindblowing.

ESPECIALLY this year.  That crowd will be your MOST FRIENDLY audience.  It's your core fans.  That crowd LOVES Godzilla. You want to start rebranding/rehyping everyone for Godzilla v Kong, that's the place to do it.  Principal Photography just wrapped, but c'mon, WB.  Remember that time Sam Raimi showed raw footage of Spider-Man?  Remember when Marvel purposely arranged their production schedule so they could have GOTG scenes to show?  We've been at this for a Decade.  Stop being so afraid that someone's going to put up a shitty cam of your footage and SHOW SOMETHING.  Be bold for once.   

And why are you not showing Wonder Woman?  Not showing Birds of Prey?  Not showing Joker?  Are you just trying to save money?  They don't bring out every god damn actor in your cast!  Or just bring the directors and FOOTAGE. NO EXCUSE. 

good luck charlie what GIF

(Already @DeeCee, can I start one this early?  It might be bad to post upcoming announcements and things to look out for.  I don't mind handling all that stuff.)

Maybe WB feels it's not worth the effort. Certainly didn't help FB 2, Shazam or Godzilla nor did it help right the anticipation for JL. But still will feel very weird to for WB to just not be there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I don't know where else to put this, cause we don't have the SDCC 2019 Thread up {1} and my Thoughts TM on this might come off as Fangirl War-ish:

It: Chapter 2 Coming To SDCC; WB To Set Out Hall H

THIS IS SO EFFING GOD DAMN STUPID.  OMG.  WHAAAAAAAA.

I'm shookth.  I will be the first to tell you, I'm not a fan of the WB Presentation on Saturday.  I consider it more of requisite before Kevin rolls up.  But WB just flat out conceding to Marvel is mindblowing.

ESPECIALLY this year.  That crowd will be your MOST FRIENDLY audience.  It's your core fans.  That crowd LOVES Godzilla. You want to start rebranding/rehyping everyone for Godzilla v Kong, that's the place to do it.  Principal Photography just wrapped, but c'mon, WB.  Remember that time Sam Raimi showed raw footage of Spider-Man?  Remember when Marvel purposely arranged their production schedule so they could have GOTG scenes to show?  We've been at this for a Decade.  Stop being so afraid that someone's going to put up a shitty cam of your footage and SHOW SOMETHING.  Be bold for once.   

And why are you not showing Wonder Woman?  Not showing Birds of Prey?  Not showing Joker?  Are you just trying to save money?  They don't bring out every god damn actor in your cast!  Or just bring the directors and FOOTAGE. NO EXCUSE. 

good luck charlie what GIF

(Already @DeeCee, can I start one this early?  It might be bad to post upcoming announcements and things to look out for.  I don't mind handling all that stuff.)

Not showing WW84, I get.

Not showing BoP or Joker, I don't. Especially BoP, a still or anything to tide us over until a full trailer in September possibly.

Smart move on WB to not move in on SDCC. Was just thinking about how low Birds of Prey's buzz would be releasing the trailer the same day as Kong v Godzilla, Wonder Woman 1984 and another Joker trailer. Releasing the trailers for Shazam, Godzilla and Aquaman on the same day was bad - and releasing the first trailer 9 months in advance crippled Shazam's advertising campaign so badly. It's also the least indicative thing of the GA ever; normal people couldn't have cared less about Godzilla 2 despite the comic con crowd eating it up. Just feels like a big sunk cost for them. Also, Joaquin Phoenix at SDCC would be the most awkward shit ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Imagine the climactic culmination of 22 movies being forgotten in less than 4 weeks. Wewwwwww 😂

Except....it's not forgotten. Not even close.

• Like 1

I'll say this: whenever I pop by this thread or the Avatar 2 thread, I realize that Cameron fans are more obsessed with Endgame not breaking Avatar's record than other people are with breaking it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I'll say this: whenever I pop by this thread or the Avatar 2 thread, I realize that Cameron fans are more obsessed with Endgame not breaking Avatar's record than other people are with breaking it.

the office laughing GIF

iJWakkI.png

nlda55C.jpg

IIEFmTw.png

BPp4btu.png

221VB61.png

4KiUpwB.png

0rfpIxy.png

iVpP8xI.png

gUXgxPc.png

rAAL0Ea.png

QRvfxGu.png

90vS3g6.png

HuCxYej.png

5ePZGJX.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

Looking at people trying to rile up the Cameronites is like watching angry puppies bark up a storm.

Adorably futile.

There was a slight shift in the force lately, but sadly I don't think we'll get to see the Cameronites budge from that high horse after all.

So close. Yet still so far. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I think we may just need to quote this post any time the superhero kids try and throw insults around. 

They're not regular kids JCS! They're adult human sized kids

• Like 1
  • Haha 3