Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The CW doesn't have the same budget or viewership requirement

Sad, but true. If Swamp Thing looked more like a fan films shot in Vancouver maybe it'd have a brighter future.

2 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Is that a legit source? 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Sounds like a random site. Wait until Deadline or the other trades confirm.

RE: Swamp Thing TV show

I'm waiting till I react. I mean, I've not see it(can't justify $75 for DCUTV) but want to. Reactions have been amazingly good that I've seen.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ouch. Considering things have also been quiet for Doom Patrol's renewal I'm guessing that's not coming back either. Oh well.

I don't know why the CW is allowed to have 19 shitty DC TV shows on but the two good ones can't even get another season.

HBO's Watchmen is like the only decent thing they'll have in that entire field at this rate (though, given Lindelof's last show, it's probably gonna be better than most superhero movies too)

Just now, TMP said:

I don't know why the CW is allowed to have 19 shitty DC TV shows on but the two good ones can't even get another season.

HBO's Watchmen is like the only decent thing they'll have in that entire field at this rate (though, given Lindelof's last show, it's probably gonna be better than most superhero movies too)

I imagine they poured an insane amount of money into these DC Universe shows but they just don't have the viewership/buzz necessary to continue on, especially when salaries would go up for a second season. Didn't Swamp Thing's budget end up going out of control anyway? I know they had to end the show prematurely by cutting episodes and reshooting the ending.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I imagine they poured an insane amount of money into these DC Universe shows but they just don't have the viewership/buzz necessary to continue on, especially when salaries would go up for a second season. Didn't Swamp Thing's budget end up going out of control anyway? I know they had to end the show prematurely by cutting episodes and reshooting the ending.

This thread talks about that more. If it’s true, it kind of makes sense from a money and quality perspective.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Well, hopefully. I don't know how execs could be happy with the direction of Titans, Batwoman or any of the other CW DC shows (Flash/Arrow/Supergirl) but then be unhappy with Swamp Thing - which at the very least has good acting unlike those other shows.

What’s so bad about Titans?

Titans is good, doom patrol is very good, too bad about swamp thing but at least we’ll get the full 10 episodes( and they’re currently filming stargirl as well). WB/ATT are probably trying to figure out how to use the DC shows in the new streaming service, dc universe will be folded in that for sure. 

Edited by cax16

13 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Titans is good, doom patrol is very good, too bad about swamp thing but at least we’ll get the full 10 episodes( and they’re currently filming stargirl as well). WB/ATT are probably trying to figure out how to use the DC shows in the new streaming service, dc universe will be folded in that for sure. 

Ugh. I keep forgetting that Warner Media is trying to start another streaming service. I don’t even understand the point of that. Isn’t HBO Go already a streaming service? Furthermore, why even make a streaming service that’s specifically dedicated to DC content if they’re just going to make a streaming service for all their properties? 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Ugh. I keep forgetting that Warner Media is trying to start another streaming service. I don’t even understand the point of that. Isn’t HBO Go already a streaming service? Furthermore, why even make a streaming service that’s specifically dedicated to DC content if they’re just going to make a streaming service for all their properties? 

They will all be rolled into one. I think they made the dc app thing before they were purchased but I’m not 100% sure. 

Edited by cax16

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

They will all be rolled into one. I think they made the dc app thing before they were purchased but I’m not 100% sure. 

$17 a month? Why would anyone pay for that? Even Disney+ is only going to be charging $7.00 a month, and they have much more popular content than Warner Media does. This is stupid. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

$17 a month? Why would anyone pay for that? Even Disney+ is only going to be charging $7.00 a month, and they have much more popular content than Warner Media does. This is stupid. 

Probably because hbo is like $15 on its own and Cinemax is like $12 or something, plus when you add in all their other content it’s probably a good deal for people who already purchase those things? I pay over $20 a month just for my hbo package here in Canada. Plus they’re supposed to be making original content for the new streaming service as well.