Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Probably because hbo is like $15 on its own and Cinemax is like $12 or something, plus when you add in all their other content it’s probably a good deal for people who already purchase those things? I pay over $20 a month just for my hbo package here in Canada. Plus they’re supposed to be making original content for the new streaming service as well. 

Disney+ is going to have original content as well, but that’s going to cost less than half what Warner Media plans on charging, and as I said before, they also have much more financially viable content. That is just insane.

I seriously hate how every company is trying to have their own streaming service. The appeal of Netflix was that they were theoretically supposed to provide a wide variety of content to choose from without forcing people to sit through a bunch of commercials. If every company has their own streaming service, that means people will need to be subscribed to multiple different services just to have a remotely decent selection of content to pick from. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Disney+ is going to have original content as well, but that’s going to cost less than half what Warner Media plans on charging, and as I said before, they also have much more financially viable content. That is just insane.

I seriously hate how every company is trying to have their own streaming service. The appeal of Netflix was that they were theoretically supposed to provide a wide variety of content to choose from without forcing people to sit through a bunch of commercials. If every company has their own streaming service, that means people will need to be subscribed to multiple different services just to have a remotely decent selection of content to pick from. 

I mean it’s your money to do what you want with so do whatever makes you happy.

I currently use Netflix and have HBO but Netflix was mostly just for the marvel shows so I’ll be canceling Netflix as soon as Disney+ comes to Canada. I’ll also switch over to the WB streaming service if it works out cheaper then I’m currently playing for HBO. 

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

There’s plenty of sites that provide all the content of these various streaming services for free. :ph34r: 

I do appreciate everyone who subsidizes the content. Thank you!

Edit: of course another alternative is to only sub while you’re actively watching a show. Still way cheaper than bundled cable.

Edited by Pure Spirit

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean it’s your money to do what you want with so do whatever makes you happy.

I currently use Netflix and have HBO but Netflix was mostly just for the marvel shows so I’ll be canceling Netflix as soon as Disney+ comes to Canada. I’ll also switch over to the WB streaming service if it works out cheaper then I’m currently playing for HBO. 

Unfortunately, not all of us are made out of money. Some of us won’t be able to afford to be subscribed to all these different streaming services, and having to pick and choose is going to be really annoying. 

Besides, does Warner Media even have enough content to justify such an expensive service? 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Unfortunately, not all of us are made out of money. Some of us won’t be able to afford to be subscribed to all these different streaming services, and having to pick and choose is going to be really annoying. 

Besides, does Warner Media even have enough content to justify such an expensive service? 

Well, I mean everyone has priorities for what they want to spend their money on. My family goes to movies a lot and watches shows together, it’s like a weekly family thing we do so that’s important to us. I completely get not being able to afford all of the services cause I definitely can’t as well.

I would assume Warner’s has a pretty massive media library seeing as they’ve been around for a really long time. I don’t know exact details of anything but just for the fact alone that hbo costs me over $20 it would only make sense for me to look into the new streaming service. 

Just now, cax16 said:

I would assume Warner’s has a pretty massive media library seeing as they’ve been around for a really long time. I don’t know exact details of anything but just for the fact alone that hbo costs me over $20 it would only make sense for me to look into the new streaming service. 

Doesn’t HBO have a lot of third party content, though? Isn’t the streaming service that Warner Media plans on launching going to exclusively consist of the stuff that WB owns? 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Doesn’t HBO have a lot of third party content, though? Isn’t the streaming service that Warner Media plans on launching going to exclusively consist of the stuff that WB owns? 

I would assume it’s all going to be WB stuff just like the Disney+ service. 

I believe most of HBO’s stuff is their own, and also Cinemax is like a sister station for hbo with different content but again that will all be rolled into one service for a cheaper rate in case you’re buying both currently.  

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

HBO has the best content library easily. HBO Now is the best streaming service imo

I’ve honestly lost count over the years of how many amazing shows I’ve watched  on HBO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’ve honestly lost count over the years of how many amazing shows I’ve watched  on HBO.

I'm going through Barry and it's so good. Chernobyl is next. And so pumped for their Watchmen show; most anticipated funnybook anything coming soon tbh

• Like 1

That WB streaming service is a steal at that price for people already subscribed to HBO. But for those who only subscribed for specific shows (GOT, BLLs, etc.) and cancelled shortly after each season, or weren’t subscribed at all, this price offers little incentive to join. It’s not like HBO or WB content library is super family friendly either. And families are major users of cable and streaming services. I did HBO for $5 when it was offered through my cable. When I canceled cable, it made no sense to start paying $15 each month for movies and shows I barely watched when I had it for $5. Netflix at least has family friendly and international content that my whole family including my younger siblings could enjoy even if I was only using it infrequently. With HBO at that price, I’d need to use it weekly to feel it’s worth it and adding WB’s library and DC original shows won’t make me more likely to do that. 

Edited by Deja23

I love the way the over the top Cameron fanboys deny they equate making a lot money with being a good film, and then do exactly that in trying to prove that Avatar is a great film....

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Ugh. I keep forgetting that Warner Media is trying to start another streaming service. I don’t even understand the point of that. Isn’t HBO Go already a streaming service? Furthermore, why even make a streaming service that’s specifically dedicated to DC content if they’re just going to make a streaming service for all their properties? 

I don't think they are making a separate DC streaming service, they are just promoting DC content as a selling point for the service.

And you do know that the whole point of the streaming service is they can offer more then one show/movie at a time?

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

That WB streaming service is a steal at that price for people already subscribed to HBO. But for those who only subscribed for specific shows (GOT, BLLs, etc.) and cancelled shortly after each season, or weren’t subscribed at all, this price offers little incentive to join. It’s not like HBO or WB content library is super family friendly either. And families are major users of cable and streaming services. I did HBO for $5 when it was offered through my cable. When I canceled cable, it made no sense to start paying $15 each month for movies and shows I barely watched when I had it for $5. Netflix at least has family friendly and international content that my whole family including my younger siblings could enjoy even if I was only using it infrequently. With HBO at that price, I’d need to use it weekly to feel it’s worth it and adding WB’s library and DC original shows won’t make me more likely to do that. 

I want to wait and see what Warners will offer in the way of their classic movie catalog.if it just the more recent releases my Interest has just gone downhill....