Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Looking forward to Dune but unfortunately I agree.

ESIT: to be fair, I thought the same thing about LotR and was so pleasantly happy to be wrong.

Don’t get me wrong I’m excited and hoping it does well. I just have a hard time seeing it.

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Exactly! What are some of the non-Cameron upcoming films are you looking forward to?

For me, Nolan's Tenet, Villeneuve's Dune, Pixar's Onward and Soul, and James Gray's Ad Astra.

None of them is going to be contenders for GOAT box office runs though, hence the additional excitement for Avatar sequels, not that we're incapable of liking other films or filmmakers.

Dune for certain. Really looking forward to Shinkai's Weathering with You - I had the chance to meet him in 2008 when he lived here in London very pleasant guy. Also hoping we get to see more out of South Korea as I love their cinema. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

WHy do James Cameron fanboys consider it necessary to tear down every other filmmaker?

Lol looks like someone has miss the time when avatar broke all the records. Two words: nolan fanboys. Holy **** those guys were fu**** up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dignam said:

Lol looks like someone has miss the time when avatar broke all the records. Two words: nolan fanboys. Holy **** those guys were fu**** up.

If anyone knows of such a thread (archived or not), I would be super grateful if you could link to a box office forum thread that followed the Avatar run in real time. I would love to read that. Too bad Titanic was released before the Internet was all-encompassing, that would probably be an even more fun thread.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

If anyone knows of such a thread (archived or not), I would be super grateful if you could link to a box office forum thread that followed the Avatar run in real time. I would love to read that. Too bad Titanic was released before the Internet was all-encompassing, that would probably be an even more fun thread.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?s=5dd2dab72dee4b2b3540b20197d6989b&t=125374

• Thanks 1

There are so many MCU films even the actors forget which ones they are in. 

Or maybe Marvel just told her it was The Avengers to get a bonus film out of her contract. 

8 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

After OW numbers are in I love the “optimistic” person who steps out and says it will leg out to “$1B worldwide”.

someone says they look forward to the blu-ray in March.

And apparently the snowstorms did have quite an effect. Police weren’t even responding to accidents. Most people don’t go to the movies in that kind of weather.

nobody yet realizes the phenomenon they’re about to witness

• Like 1

Hahahahahaha. I bet after the second weekend the thread goes bananas.

244-A119-B-09-CD-4697-9-DF2-4175-EDD29-F

Edit: the thread starts going bananas when seeing the Saturday=>Sunday OW hold. Only 3% drop

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

There are so many MCU films even the actors forget which ones they are in. 

Or maybe Marvel just told her it was The Avengers to get a bonus film out of her contract. 

That show is great btw, I watched it all last Friday. 

2 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

i love how people was saying it was a flop when the OD number came out.

It was the highest grossing opening weekend for an original film... kind of weird of them!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It was the highest grossing opening weekend for an original film... kind of weird of them!

No wonder you guys get testy, idiots are part of every fan base. Avatar was a great film deserving of its box office run.

12 minutes ago, TMP said:

AT&T is destroying DC

D8uNwCKX4AA30FT.jpg

The CW shows are Batman & Robin/Fant4stic level bad. Imagine striving for that.

God, this is sad. I like the Flash just fine even if it seems to be running out of steam, but I hate to see Comic Book shows that dare to think outside the superhero box fail.

My won fantasy is for Neil Gaiman's Sandman to get a TV shoe, but I am not  holding my breath.

• Like 1