Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

God, this is sad. I like the Flash just fine even if it seems to be running out of steam, but I hate to see Comic Book shows that dare to think outside the superhero box fail.

My won fantasy is for Neil Gaiman's Sandman to get a TV shoe, but I am not  holding my breath.

Get ready for Sandman... except with Cole Sprouse in a beanie as Dream, and everyone's in high school, and he fights a monster every week with his trusty ethnic IT sidekick!

It's so sad how Marvel got shows on Netflix, with some of them being high quality, the well-produced Legion show and have a ton of $100m+ limited series coming to Disney+. Meanwhile DC has... a cheap Teen Titans fan film, the CW garbage and a cancelled slate of good shows. HBO's Watchmen is like their only interesting project in the works, and that's only because HBO is run by a different division of Time Warner than the DCU/CW.

Just now, AnDr3s said:

The CW shows are legitimately worse than the Snyder films and the Schumacher DC films combined.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

AT&T is destroying DC

D8uNwCKX4AA30FT.jpg

The CW shows are Batman & Robin/Fant4stic level bad. Imagine striving for that.

I thought the argument was that massive merging and acquisitioning made companies better run and able to push out better products to consumers??????

All that firing of seventy-five, etc. percent of both companies' workforces is necessary so the bottomlines of investors and CEOs can focus more on quality entertainment, amirite?

Just now, I Am said:

I thought the argument was that massive merging and acquisitioning made companies better run and able to push out better products to consumers??????

All that firing of seventy-five, etc. percent of both companies' workforces is necessary so the bottomlines of investors and CEOs can focus more on quality entertainment, amirite?

Looks like AT&T prefer shitty CW shows?

stargirl will have the same quality as doom patrol or will be cw type of show?

I was under the impression that the CW shows were on their last legs? Why would newer shows be cancelled in favor of them?

3 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

stargirl will have the same quality as doom patrol or will be cw type of show?

i don't want a JSA with this quality please

Resultado de imagen para JSA cw

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I was under the impression that the CW shows were on their last legs? Why would newer shows be cancelled in favor of them?

Imagine if DC cancelled the CW shows and went ahead with more Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Stargirl and Watchmen from Lindelof? That'd be an amazing lineup of four super promising shows!

Instead we'll have... Watchmen since HBO is run by a different division and... Flash, Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

when HBO Watchmen comes out?

"Fall"

tbh, the fact that it's a Watchmen show is like the least interesting thing about it. I'd watch anything Lindelof does post-Leftovers, especially with a cast of that many talented actors.

Edited by TMP

super hero television series discussion thread

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

super hero television series discussion thread

Most of them suck so bad. It's depressing. I wonder if the marvel ones will suck to.

I did like Daredevil and Luke Cage.

Just now, cdsacken said:

Most of them suck so bad. It's depressing. I wonder if the marvel ones will suck to.

I did like Daredevil and Luke Cage.

Doom Patrol, Daredevil (seasons 1 & 3) and most of Jessica Jones season 1 are the only ones I've seen I've liked. And the 2 Swamp Thing episodes so far.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Doom Patrol, Daredevil (seasons 1 & 3) and most of Jessica Jones season 1 are the only ones I've seen I've liked. And the 2 Swamp Thing episodes so far.

No love for Luke cage? I loved it! Also loved Jessica Jones. I never watched Doom Patrol

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

No love for Luke cage? I loved it! Also loved Jessica Jones. I never watched Doom Patrol

Luke Cage was way too damn long! Didn't even try season 2.

Doom Patrol? I dug it! 

• Like 1

31-D0-C6-CF-0-F34-4-E8-E-B08-D-9-A651-C7

Wow look at that huge China number. $4.8M in China can you believe it? INSANE.

One of the more optimistic and pro-Cameron people in the thread:

E35-E7-E7-A-883-C-4978-9921-C230-F25345-

“Doesn’t appeal to the general public + I don’t know anyone who’s seen it:”

FD3-A8944-A05-F-4319-9160-CE488-C418225.

Someone gets really bullish on China after the $4.8M opening:

5-C8-EEAFF-DC6-D-47-E3-8463-DEE1-F5-A81-

Wow, look at how expensive Avatar tickets were. “I-I-It was the 3D ticket prices!” :D

99-E3-E0-D8-E4-A1-49-E9-B62-C-4-CFFAA84-

Someone from BoT in the thread:

21-A5066-F-81-C7-437-B-BDF4-2-A5-B8470-B

Oh look, a delusional Cameron fanboy chimes in:

2-E7-B0-FCA-377-E-4-E38-9-E19-0-FA11-B6-

It’s over 6 weeks into the run before anyone mentions a number that includes $2.7B or higher. Every estimate before that was a lowball, even the big ranges that assumed smaller drops. Avatar rewrote the rules. Pandora rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Doom Patrol already seemed to be a goner a while ago but that makes it sound like they've already cancelled it. I watched the pilot when it was available for free a few weeks ago and thought it was enjoyably weird but didn't feel compelled to continue, especially not when it would've required a subscription to DC Universe (I've pretty much reached my streaming spending cap) and its chances for renewal were grim. Seems like something (along with Swamp Thing, for that matter) that might've thrived on a more popular/less niche-y platform and if the budget wasn't as high as it probably was.