Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Doom Patrol already seemed to be a goner a while ago but that makes it sound like they've already cancelled it. I watched the pilot when it was available for free a few weeks ago and thought it was enjoyably weird but didn't feel compelled to continue, especially not when it would've required a subscription to DC Universe (I've pretty much reached my streaming spending cap) and its chances for renewal were grim. Seems like something (along with Swamp Thing, for that matter) that might've thrived on a more popular/less niche-y platform and if the budget wasn't as high as it probably was.

Doom Patrol and Titans have the same budget, it's just the former allocated it a lot better. 

Just now, TMP said:

Doom Patrol and Titans have the same budget, it's just the former allocated it a lot better. 

If I remember correctly, they already gave the complete go ahead for another season of Titans well before the first even aired.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Now I get why Avatar fans are so angry. Forget about that crap it was a decade ago. They were wrong and hell that movie was amazing. Big shocker that it dominated. Staying power is what shocked me.

Show me one of these angry Avatar fans lmao 😂 don’t be salty you bet on the wrong horse it happens to all of us (although to Cameron fans less often)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

Show me one of these angry Avatar fans lmao 😂 don’t be salty you bet on the wrong horse it happens to all of us (although to Cameron fans less often)

Dude you guys are angry stalkers spamming the end game thread shitting on any movie that does well. Trolls were dicks about Avatar. They were wrong and you were right. Let it go.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Dude you guys are angry stalkers spamming the end game thread shitting on any movie that does well. Trolls were dicks about Avatar. They were wrong and you were right. Let it go.

Lmao who is spamming the End Game threads? Please link to the offending posts so I can scold the Avatar fan(s) you claim are trolling/spamming (I’m co-captain of the Jim Gang here on BoT so I can punish them by making them go see Endgame again... just kidding, that’s a joke). I’m sure since they’re spamming you can easily find lots of examples. And since they’re trolling I’m sure you can find many false statements and claims. But you and I know there is no trolling or spamming happening and you are making things up again. :(

@IronJimbo @dashrendar44 @JamesCameronScholar @NCsoft any of you see spamming or trolling? Please ask them to stop because the Jim Gang always raises the bar for posting.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Absolutely and you as well. I get it you are aggreived about being slighted 10 years ago over 1 movie. Like Elsa says let it go.

Yes, we’re “aggrieved”, just like Yankees fans are after winning another World Series. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Yes, we’re “aggrieved”, just like Yankees fans are after winning another World Series. :rofl:

Absolutely. Yankees are some of the whiniest fans on the planet and everyone dislikes them but not the team itself. Good parallel.

• ...wtf 1

It's kind of like someone who used to be really attractive is really hideous talking about how attractive they were decades ago. Like we get it, you looked good in the past you're old now. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

It's kind of like someone who used to be really attractive is really hideous talking about how attractive they were decades ago. Like we get it, you looked good in the past you're old now. 

You do know Avatar 2 is coming out in 2021 and that Avatar is still the highest grossing film off all time?

Let me repeat, its still the highest grossing film of all time.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Oh look, a delusional Cameron fanboy chimes in:

2-E7-B0-FCA-377-E-4-E38-9-E19-0-FA11-B6-

It’s over 6 weeks into the run before anyone mentions a number that includes $2.7B or higher. Every estimate before that was a lowball, even the big ranges that assumed smaller drops. Avatar rewrote the rules. Pandora rules.

It's beautiful. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

You do know Avatar 2 is coming out in 2021 and that Avatar is still the highest grossing film off all time?

Let me repeat, its still the highest grossing film of all time.

Exactly my point lol. And of course it is no one is disputing that. If it lost the #1 it would still be ahead on adjusted.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Exactly my point lol. And of course it is no one is disputing that. If it lost the #1 it would still be ahead on adjusted.

Your point was that your analogy made no sense??

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Your point was that your analogy made no sense??

My point was that you keep bringing up avatar like it matters a decade later. No one gives a shit. The title matters but you needlessly bring it up even more than the craziest of MCU Stans. Hell I loved that film, I'm just not a nutjob about it.