Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

We shall see. With the amount of shitting on EG you and Jimbo have done you have no choice to be right or should hide in shame forever.

jamescameronpic21315122-removebg-preview

I can only imagine how people will react if we're right...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

james_camerony-removebg-preview.png

Amazing analysis and insight there sacken - please enlighten us more on events with two possible outcomes!

You and Jimbo seem to believe only outcome is possible. That being my point.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Still better than all the CW DC shows :apocalypse:

It has nothing to do with Alfred though. Alfred In Name Only (AINO). Anyways, Lindelof's Watchmen can't come soon enough to save funnybook TV

As the CW DC shows are now. They were really good for the firstfew seasons but then lost steam.

And I have to dissent on the Watchmen show, I am still very skeptical of any contiuntion of the novel that does not involve Alan Moore.

8 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

james_camerony-removebg-preview.png

Amazing analysis and insight there sacken - please enlighten us more on events with two possible outcomes!

JCS watching you argue with anyone reminds me of the scene in IP man where he kills like 20 men :hahaha:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Beating 2.78B 12 years later is absolutely possible. Literally no one is saying otherwise.

Absolutely possible it doesn't as well.

I wish EF would beat out Avatar just for the reaction we would see from the Cameron Cultist here.

They would pull out the "adjusted for inflatation"  to "prove" that Avatar is still the biggest moneymaker or all time, ignoring that on almost adjusted for inflations list, "Avatar" is pretty well down on the list, beaten by Gone With The Wind and  'Star Wars:A New Hope" and usually a couple of other films.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I wish EF would beat out Avatar just for the reaction we would see from the Cameron Cultist here.

They would pull out the "adjusted for inflatation"  to "prove" that Avatar is still the biggest moneymaker or all time, ignoring that on almost adjusted for inflations list, "Avatar" is pretty well down on the list, beaten by Gone With The Wind and  'Star Wars:A New Hope" and usually a couple of other films.

If you have to wish for it to happen does that mean it probably won't? You seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

If you have to wish for it to happen does that mean it probably won't? You seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. 

amazing to hear any Avatar stan say this. The gaul of it lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think we should add this after Avatar 2 fails to beat the first film

OQOK.gif

Marvel folks overused that gif to death on twitter, didn't bring them any luck though.

Would not make sense to use it for Avatar 2 vs Avatar 1, whoever wins, Neytiri stays laughing :rofl:

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Is EF a groundbreaking original film coming sometime in the future from a visionary filmmaker?

Is so, I give it permission to pass Avatar:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Marvel folks overused that gif to death on twitter, didn't bring them any luck though.

Would not make sense to use it for Avatar 2 vs Avatar 1, whoever wins, Neytiri stays laughing :rofl:

Oh no. If Avatar 2 fails to beat Avatar the stans will get a very much deserving never-ending laughter at their expense. That's what happens when you shit on 2.75B

30 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Is EF a groundbreaking original film coming sometime in the future from a visionary filmmaker?

The tagline will be “I don’t give an EF” :sparta:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Avatar was groundbreaking in it's visuals, but otherwise was pretty much a by the numbers Sci Fi adventure film with heavy borrowing from "Dances With Wolves". It was not a bad film, but not a work of stunning originality either.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Oh no. If Avatar 2 fails to beat Avatar the stans will get a very much deserving never-ending laughter at their expense. That's what happens when you shit on 2.75B

jamescameronpic21315122-removebg-preview

There it is again. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

As the CW DC shows are now. They were really good for the firstfew seasons but then lost steam.

I hear Supergirl & LoT operate in reverse. Can confirm on LoT...Supergirl is just slightly more tolerable I guess.

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

1000 dollars says you're wrong (I'm happy to go far higher but I've been told off for that before). 

it's simply not feasible for blockbusters to have an Avatar-like run in this day and age, even if it's the best Jim Cameron movie audiences will simply not give it an 8 month box office run domestically so it will not flourish and perform like Avatar (the only movie I could think of that had a long box office run in recent years is Frozen but Avatar 2 won't match that cus it's not even part of pop culture).

so I think Avatar 2 will have a strong OW dom of 100M-150M (and approx more like 125Mish) and thanks to a holiday release it'll leg out to $450M and with a 30%/70% OS split it'll end up with $1.5B~  

ofc this is only assuming the movie's great and not just a visual spectacle with no substance, so that number could always go down :ph34r:

• Haha 1