Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

it's simply not feasible for blockbusters to have an Avatar-like run in this day and age, even if it's the best Jim Cameron movie audiences will simply not give it an 8 month box office run domestically so it will not flourish and perform like Avatar (the only movie I could think of that had a long box office run in recent years is Frozen but Avatar 2 won't match that cus it's not even part of pop culture).

so I think Avatar 2 will have a strong OW dom of 100M-150M (and approx more like 125Mish) and thanks to a holiday release it'll leg out to $450M and with a 30%/70% OS split it'll end up with $1.5B~  

ofc this is only assuming the movie's great and not just a visual spectacle with no substance, so that number could always go down :ph34r:

:hahaha:

hilarious.

that opening weekend is moronic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

:hahaha:

hilarious.

that opening weekend is moronic

most sequels would dream of a 94%+ OW increase over their predecessors. plus I bet most people are only going to check out Avatar 2 cus of the curiosity factor and curiosity can only get you so much lol.

6 hours ago, RealLyre said:

it's simply not feasible for blockbusters to have an Avatar-like run in this day and age, even if it's the best Jim Cameron movie audiences will simply not give it an 8 month box office run domestically so it will not flourish and perform like Avatar (the only movie I could think of that had a long box office run in recent years is Frozen but Avatar 2 won't match that cus it's not even part of pop culture).

Was it much more possible back in 2010,?  no movie had it's 10th wide weekend anywhere close to Avatar 16m from 2005 to 2012, closest was Lincoln with 5,475,263 I think and that was a special holiday weekend helping it.

If we remove Avatar did blockbuster movie in that era were having run significantly better than say Jumanji ?

Direct sequel cannot play like an Avatar like run in this day and age, but could not just 10 year,s ago either.

Edited by Barnack

13 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

so I think Avatar 2 will have a strong OW dom of 100M-150M (and approx more like 125Mish) and thanks to a holiday release it'll leg out to $450M and with a 30%/70% OS split it'll end up with $1.5B~  

ofc this is only assuming the movie's great and not just a visual spectacle with no substance, so that number could always go down :ph34r:

If you're so confident name your price. I paid out big time on Alita, as some users on here know, so I'm not afraid to lose. 

• Astonished 2

And a few of the Fox X Men fanboys here are still telling us how Disney is going spend tens of millions of dollars to reshoot "New Mutants" and what a big hit it's going to be........even after what happened with Dark Phoenix.

IMHO If Disney has to release NM because of contractual obligations they will do so as cheaply as possible;basicaly dump it.

That NM was a modestly budgeted film actually makes it more vulnerable to being dumped;not that much is at stake the way it was with the big budget "Dark Phoenix".

If you walk outside right now and ask fifty random people if they're excited for "Avatar 2," not a single one of them will know what you're talking about.

There are Internet memes in use from people outside this board from "Titanic."

There are zero Internet memes in use by anyone outside this board from "Avatar."

Everyone knows who Rose is.

No one remembers any of the characters from "Avatar."

"Avatar" was the first well-done 3D movie - but well-done 3D movies are no longer a novelty.

I haven't personally seen it to say otherwise, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone pour their heart out about the movie.

There is barely even any "Avatar" cosplay.

Unless Cameron somehow finds a way to have the sequel give people blowjobs, the movie is just not going to come even close to the box office of the original.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, I Am said:

There are zero Internet memes in use by anyone outside this board from "Avatar."

When your opposition has to resort to lies to try and discredit you, it becomes obvious just how badly they've lost. Sad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I Am said:

If you walk outside right now and ask fifty random people if they're excited for "Avatar 2," not a single one of them will know what you're talking about.

There are Internet memes in use from people outside this board from "Titanic."

Everyone knows who Rose is.

No one remembers any of the characters from "Avatar."

"Avatar" was the first well-done 3D movie - but well-done 3D movies are no longer a novelty.

I haven't personally seen it to say otherwise, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone pour their heart out about the movie.

There is barely even any "Avatar" cosplay.

Unless Cameron somehow finds a way to have the sequel give people blowjobs, the movie is just not going to come even close to the box office of the original.

And is sure as hell needs a better script then the First Avatar.

The visuals for Avatar were great but the script.....not so much.

And ,yes, Titanic was a much better film then Avatar, and had a much greater cultural impact

It made De Caprio and Kate Winslet stars....have not seen that with any of the actors for Avatar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's fine to admire a director and his work, but the way the over the top Cameron fanboys basically kiss Cameron's ass and think he can do no wrong is really.really, scary in a way.

To anyone reading - this is not hyperbole. Dudddalabbadudud is actually scared of us. To such an extent that he has hidden all of the Jim Gang's responses as it makes him have anxiety attacks. 

Spare a thought for labbadabbduddlab next time you mention Avatar folks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

When your opposition has to resort to lies to try and discredit you, it becomes obvious just how badly they've lost. Sad. 

I don't "oppose" James Cameron or the upcoming Avatar films.

Every person I've spoken to about the new movie (all two of them who cared) has been like, "...Avatar? ......oh yeah, I remember that! The 3D was grea-say look at that leaf on that tree over there."

Can this thread and other threads on the board PUHLEASE be about something else other than a movie six or seven people in the world are drooling in anticipation for?

33 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It made De Caprio and Kate Winslet stars....have not seen that with any of the actors for Avatar.

Cliff Curtis left............................................ "Fear the Walking Dead"...................................... to commit to "Avatar 2."

9 minutes ago, I Am said:

I don't "oppose" James Cameron or the upcoming Avatar films.

Every person I've spoken to about the new movie (all two of them who cared) has been like, "...Avatar? ......oh yeah, I remember that! The 3D was grea-say look at that leaf on that tree over there."

Can this thread and other threads on the board PUHLEASE be about something else other than a movie six or seven people in the world are drooling in anticipation for?

Wait a second I thought nobody remembered it? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Nah this thread has more right to for Avatar talk than superhero TV SHOWS that get spammed in here.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wait a second I thought nobody remembered it? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Nah this thread has more right to for Avatar talk than superhero TV SHOWS that get spammed in here.

yet you spumm your bullshit in many other threads,ironic

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Someone say superhero TV shows? I think you'll like this Jimbo:

• ...wtf 1