Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Depends on how you define impressive. That is a very subjective word

I would say that Titanic had the most impressive run of any movie at least in the past 30 years. It was number one at the box office for 15 weeks, made $600 million domestically in a time when ticket prices were much lower, and movies didn’t benefit from 3D or IMAX ticket sales, and made $1.2 billion overseas in a time when  China was nowhere near the powerhouse market for movies that it is today. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Titanic had girls going to see 10-15 times.....I mean yeah it was impressive.

Dirty dancing had the same effect albeit at smaller scale. Although at much much lower budget

and talking about impressivenes - EG is first film ever to get WW crown without dom/os/china crown. For me that’s impressive. Like country winning olympics without any gold medal

Edited by JimiQ

6 hours ago, cdsacken said:

That's ridiculous. Even if EG passes Avatar it's still less impressive than Avatar and considerably less than Titanic. 

In which ways are EG less impressive than Avatar?

Edited by Thomas Beck

12 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

EG and Avatar are both impressive in their own way. EG made $2.7B+ in 9 weeks whereas Avatar required 34 weeks to gross that much... Avatar was kind of original IP or first movie which then went on to become highest grossing movie of all time but then Endgmae is 22nd movie in the long running MCU which beat Avatar's first run when sequels to movies nowhere grow as big and sequels generally don't hold WW crown that much. That itself is the proof of how Endgame is impressive...

7 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I am glad you agree with me!

7 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

I guess that calling out loud the hypocrisy here would enter "personal attack" territory, so I won't comment any further, but damn 

Minions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Titanic had girls going to see 10-15 times.....I mean yeah it was impressive.

Leo was a QT it wasn't fair

38 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

Use your brain you can work it out Thomas i believe in you!

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

4 hours ago, Nero said:

EG and Avatar are both impressive in their own way. EG made $2.7B+ in 9 weeks whereas Avatar required 34 weeks to gross that much... Avatar was kind of original IP or first movie which then went on to become highest grossing movie of all time but then Endgmae is 22nd movie in the long running MCU which beat Avatar's first run when sequels to movies nowhere grow as big and sequels generally don't hold WW crown that much. That itself is the proof of how Endgame is impressive...

I think this is the best way to look at it. Both had huge, and very different, box office runs. Simple.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I think this is the best way to look at it. Both had huge, and very different, box office runs. Simple.

Or we go back to reality and realise avatar was far more impressive.

A2 will show you how small 2.78b is for a 2019 top grosser

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Right....

Make a club then. Put your money where your mouth is. You won't though. All you Cameron fans do is gab.

Edited by JB33

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Right....

Make a club then. Put your money where your mouth is. You won't though. All you Cameron fans do is gab.

@Deep Wang

Factually wrong yet again JB33.

I cant make any clubs for A2 yet JB33, I thought you would know that with the amount of hilarious Avatar delay jokes you make.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

They are both impressive!  

EG opened $100m higher than IW, which broke the opening weekend record last year.  That is pure insanity! 

Yes, Avatar had very long legs and and a thoroughly massive overseas gross in the time before overseas really expanded. 

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

They are both impressive!  

EG opened $100m higher than IW, which broke the opening weekend record last year.  That is pure insanity! 

Yes, Avatar had very long legs and and a thoroughly massive overseas gross in the time before overseas really expanded. 

Impressive in different ways.

This is like 2 beautiful people that look completely different arguing about who is more attractive. Avatar fans will have to wait at least 2.5 years before they can validate their claims about just how impressive EGs run is. If Avatar really was so amazing and legendary in 2009 because of inflation with no other factors affecting it then it should do 3.5-4B in 2021. My thought is that will not happen nor will 3b. 

Has anyone else noticed that there's now a Washington Post article for the #SnyderCut movement? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/06/26/more-than-year-later-justice-league-fans-are-ramping-up-demands-releasethesnydercut/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0896ad779e10

Does that officially make the movement mainstream? 

Honestly probably not. The movie was so mediocre that an extended cut will only make it slightly less shit.

Special cut of Wonder Woman or Aquaman.....yes please. Justice League or BVS? Lipstick on a pig doesn't do much

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Honestly probably not. The movie was so mediocre that an extended cut will only make it slightly less shit.

Special cut of Wonder Woman or Aquaman.....yes please. Justice League or BVS? Lipstick on a pig doesn't do much

There is a lot of debate if a Snydercut  is even doable at a reasonable cost...a lot of the unsued footage is "raw" footage with no  post production done and might cost a lot to bring it up to releasable quality.

If it ever does happen,it will end up like the Donner cut of Superman 2....more an interesting curiosity then an actual complete movie. And the cost will be well above anything that the Snydercult movement can raise. Warners will, in the end, have to pay for it and I think that Warners had decided they have lost enough on JL without throwing more money down the black hole.

IWAPO often does stories on contemporary culture like this. They did a story on the Gloomhaven Board Game phenomenon a few months ago. Just because a major news organization does a story on a  group does not make it mainstream. An awful lot of big news outlets do stories on crackpot groups, that does make the group mainstream.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

It was pretty clear to me that Avatar 2 moved out of 2020 in fear of Minions 2 :ph34r:

agreed, latin America is key to Avatar 2 getting 5 billies instead of 4.9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1