Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

I would take movies released month before the movie in question until 6th month after

A smaller sample size is going to have noisier data, I think it's reasonable to use the year of release which accounts for more ups and downs in that year's box office. That said, given that Endgame would be including Toy Story 4, Aladdin, FFH, and TLK, and probably some breakout I'm forgetting, I don't think the story for Endgame would improve. If you want to use the entire box office cume, the global box office has increased in size by about 40% since Avatar and a lot more since Titanic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Lie. Endgame was in making since Civil war. Time spenz making A2 was partially spent on other sequels as well - for A3 all production, for others story development

edit: also didn’t Jim make some documentaries in between?

It's a joke, lighten up. Endgame is corporate trash regardless of how long the Russo brothers spent agonizing over whether Iron Man would say "Catchphrase!" when he died or if he would just explode.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

It's a joke, lighten up. Endgame is corporate trash regardless of how long the Russo brothers spent agonizing over whether Iron Man would say "Catchphrase!" when he died or if he would just explode.

Yet this “corporate trash” is going to leave a much bigger footprint on pop culture than the entire Avatar franchise ever will. Nothing against Cameron, he makes great movies. But at least Marvel knows how to get them out on time. No one should need twelve years to make a movie, at that point it is nothing to brag about.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I don't understand why Endgame is corporate trash ? Was Endgame supposed to be some revolutionary movie which would bring all humanity together to fight Climate Change? It's a movie made for entertainment and it has done it's job pure and simple. Movies are generally made for entertainment purposes and that's why we go watch them. If you don't like it that's fine. If Endgame is corporate trash so is Avatar and every single movie.

10 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

A smaller sample size is going to have noisier data, I think it's reasonable to use the year of release which accounts for more ups and downs in that year's box office. That said, given that Endgame would be including Toy Story 4, Aladdin, FFH, and TLK, and probably some breakout I'm forgetting, I don't think the story for Endgame would improve. If you want to use the entire box office cume, the global box office has increased in size by about 40% since Avatar and a lot more since Titanic.

But isn’t that the point? Endgame sucked so much air out of bo, that closest movie during it’s healthy part of run is Aladdin. Avatar meanwhile didn’t suck anything since mediocre Alice did billie

Edited by JimiQ

1 minute ago, JimiQ said:

But isn’t that the point? Endgame suvked so much air out of bo, that closest movie during it’s healthy part of run is Aladdin. Avatar meanwhile didn’t suck anything since mediocre Alice did billie

I didn’t even bring legs up. Yes, legs to get to the same end result do make a run more impressive. That’s why everyone is falling all over themselves to praise Aladdin.

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I didn’t even bring legs up. Yes, legs to get to the same end result do make a run more impressive. That’s why everyone is falling all over themselves to praise Aladdin.

Legs are overrated, I am more of a boobs guy anyway

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Yet this “corporate trash” is going to leave a much bigger footprint on pop culture than the entire Avatar franchise ever will. Nothing against Cameron, he makes great movies. But at least Marvel knows how to get them out on time. No one should need twelve years to make a movie, at that point it is nothing to brag about.

Hahahahagagagagafaga

Marvel franchise hss more memes!

Nice one, great memes and quotable lines.

Meanwhile Avatar is actually important and says things about the modern world r are currently living in.

Avatar was important for small communities across the world who were getting removed from their homes by mega corps who want to cut down trees, Jim personally visited them.

Some of you clowns have little to no respect for Avatar and Jim which is honestly a disgrace. You're about to see the most influencial Franchise to the modern WORLD of all time.

Jim's legacy cant be stopped by memes, Avatar has substance you see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why is legging to the same total better? I agree it is more fun to track over time, but it is not more impressive. Having enough anticipation to open to $357 million is just as crazy to me as a nearly 10x multiplier. Two different paths that led to the same destination. Hell, Endgame got there faster, shouldn’t that be more impressive by some logic?

• Like 1

Legs vs frontloading don't really determine which was more impressive witgout context.

Endgame is based on MARVEL comics, known by everyone for 60 +years

Endgame off the back of its part 1 IW which crossed 2b and was a cliffhanger, it could have been a terrible movie and still grossed 2b

Easier to make more money today, global market is bigger. Inflation+matketgrowth greater than ER. Please don't be a clown and dispute this.

Its kind of weird though, EG is more impressive when it comes to film quality, the fact it made so much when it had nothing to say and nothing new to show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hahahahagagagagafaga

Meanwhile Avatar is actually important and says things about the modern world r are currently living in.

Avatar was important for small communities across the world who were getting removed from their homes by mega corps who want to cut down trees, Jim personally visited them.

Some of you clowns have little to no respect for Avatar and Jim which is honestly a disgrace. You're about to see the most influencial Franchise to the modern WORLD of all time.

You call us the clowns when everyone else on this forum looks at the Jim Gang as a group of clowns that goes thread to thread derailing and ruining discussion, often times getting threads locked. No one enjoys seeing your repetitive and smug comments outside of your delusional, circle jerk Avatar 2 thread. You’re all just insecure that your precious, previously untouchable crown jewel is being threatened, so you resort to belittling the competition with derogatory comments. I absolutely respect and enjoy Avatar, but let’s not act like it’s some next-level cinematic masterpiece. Don’t pretend Marvel movies have no substance, they are received very well by critics and audiences alike. Endgame had the task of concluding the first major era of a franchise that many have grown up with and love, and it succeeded in spades. I’m sure Avatar’s sequels will be influential and praised. James Cameron knows how to make awesome movies, and I can’t wait to see Avatar 2 in a Dolby and/or IMAX theater. But do you really think it can match the MCU’s staying power in society and popular culture? There is so much more to it than the memes, but those too show just how prevalent and in discussion Marvel is. You ever hear anyone quote Avatar? Thanos is this generation’s Darth Vader, meanwhile nobody even knows the name Jake Sully. Avatar’s only claim to relevance currently is its status as the box office champion. You all like to say “See! Look at all of us talking about Avatar!” We are on a box office forum, of course a titan such as it will come up. It also doesn’t hurt that you all shout about its superiority in every thread, something you admitted to doing on purpose in the most recent weekend thread. That stuff about it inspiring small communities is awesome, but who knows if the sequels will touch on those themes or evoke those same emotions. And let’s not act like Avatar is the only movie to ever inspire people or communities. You and your Jim Gang all make these inflammatory comments and then play victims like the whole forum is out to get you for no reason.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hahahahagagagagafaga

Message of infinity saga is that if we work together and sacrifice ourselves we can beat even the greatest threats to humanity

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

That's subjective. If you like legs thats fine others like boobs. How is choosing boobs over legs is terrible? 

Nero, Nero, Nero.. have naive you are.

Boobs are an accessory, legs essential.

A pair of nice thighs revealing skin is so suggestive you can only think about one thing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

You call us the clowns when everyone else on this forum looks at the Jim Gang as a group of clowns that goes thread to thread derailing and ruining discussion, often times getting threads locked. No one enjoys seeing your repetitive and smug comments outside of your delusional, circle jerk Avatar 2 thread. You’re all just insecure that your precious, previously untouchable crown jewel is being threatened, so you resort to belittling the competition with derogatory comments. I absolutely respect and enjoy Avatar, but let’s not act like it’s some next-level cinematic masterpiece. Don’t pretend Marvel movies have no substance, they are received very well by critics and audiences alike. Endgame had the task of concluding the first major era of a franchise that many have grown up with and love, and it succeeded in spades. I’m sure Avatar’s sequels will be influential and praised. James Cameron knows how to make awesome movies, and I can’t wait to see Avatar 2 in a Dolby and/or IMAX theater. But do you really think it can match the MCU’s staying power in society and popular culture? There is so much more to it than the memes, but those too show just how prevalent and in discussion Marvel is. You ever hear anyone quote Avatar? Thanos is this generation’s Darth Vader, meanwhile nobody even knows the name Jake Sully. Avatar’s only claim to relevance currently is its status as the box office champion. You all like to say “See! Look at all of us talking about Avatar!” We are on a box office forum, of course a titan such as it will come up. It also doesn’t hurt that you all shout about its superiority in every thread, something you admitted to doing on purpose in the most recent weekend thread. That stuff about it inspiring small communities is awesome, but who knows if the sequels will touch on those themes or evoke those same emotions. And let’s not act like Avatar is the only movie to ever inspire people or communities. You and your Jim Gang all make these inflammatory comments and then play victims like the whole forum is out to get you for no reason.

What are you on about playing the victim?

We're a minority on here with the amount of comic drivel bias there is, this isn't being a victim. Every Jim Gang poster is worth atleast 10 marvel clones, the clones which come in and shout the age of cultural impact meme which we've all heard a billion times are my favourite.

Where do you think you are right now?! This is the franchise wars thread.

I can call marvel drivel because it is. A cookie cooker production line of movies using 60 year old comics which have nothing to say about modern times. Films which never push boUndries of Cinema, you would hope with how big the MCU is they would do something like invent new tech or do something better than we've seen before.. NOPE.

I am a righteous defender of cinema and the world, Jim is a REAL superhero of reality.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Nero, Nero, Nero.. have naive you are.

Boobs are an accessory, legs essential.

A pair of nice thighs revealing skin is so suggestive you can only think about one thing

It's funny you say that since main protagonist of your juggernaut doesn't have working legs. It's almost ironic

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What are you on about playing the victim?

We're a minority on here with the amount of comic drivel bias there is, this isn't being a victim. Every Jim Gang poster is worth atleast 10 marvel clones, the clones which come in and shout the age of cultural impact meme which we've all heard a billion times are my favourite.

Where do you think you are right now?! This is the franchise wars thread.

I can call marvel drivel because it is. A cookie cooker production line of movies using 60 year old comics which have nothing to say about modern times. Films which never push boUndries of Cinema, you would hope with how big the MCU is they would do something like invent new tech or do something better than we've seen before.. NOPE.

I am a righteous defender of cinema and the world, Jim is a REAL superhero of reality.

You just did it right here! Talking about how you are a minority here and are worth 10 Marvel clones, and how you, a “righteous defender of cinema and the world,” need to fight back against the Marvel drivel. An absolute victim complex. You love to act like everyone is attacking James Cameron and Avatar, when nine times out of ten you guys are the ones inciting the bickering. Look at how many times the Endgame international thread got locked due to your invasion.

Who cares that the MCU is based off of old comics? They totally morph them to fit the modern age. Did Thanos want to screw the incarnation of Lady Death in Infinity War? Winter Soldier’s themes about surveillance and compromised privacy are incredibly relevant today.

You are right, every Jim Gang poster is surely worth ten Marvel fans who post here when it comes to community points. Not very hard when you have your own thread to constantly give each other likes in by posting the same Avatar praise and Marvel hate everyday. A page with over 900 pages for a movie that will not be out for two or more years. I’ve only been here a few months, but I really don’t understand why people put up with all of the crap you and the Jim Gang do. Absolutely ridiculous all of the stunts you guys pull on here. Most of you are borderline trolls that are only here because of a long-delayed movie that may eventually release. You all bring down the forum and everyone knows it.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1