Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 hours ago, Alexdube said:

sure showed him 

I think the biggest thing for Avatar is how it dominated in nearly every market that was already mature at the time. Japan, Australia, France, Germany Russia Spain etc. Even when adjusting with exchange rates, it's not even close since the total is sometimes 2-3 times bigger. What's the biggest edge Endgame has on Avatar? China of course. An additional 400m which is absolutely ridiculous considering that Avatar still did extremely well with 200 million. But of course 60 000 screens in China versus 5000 in 2009 will do that for you.

If Endgame had found some legs to match its massive opening and pass 3 billion, there would've been an argument to be made for Endgame, but as it stands Avatar had the most impressive run no doubt.

The most impressive thing about Endgame was its opening, even that isn't so much attributable to the movie itself but more with what came before. 

Still credit goes to Marvel for maintaining such a loyal fanbase

Endgame also has the dubious record of worst legs for a $300M+ opener, every dollar it makes is just adding to the “highest grossing disappointment” column. Pretty sad when you think about it. I was already feeling bad for MCU fans and now they’re going to get beaten twice, first when Endgame failed to take WW #1 without #FudgeGame, and they’re gonna lose again (for good) when Avatar is re-released. Let’s all make sure to be understanding in this difficult time for them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Endgame also has the dubious record of worst legs for a $300M+ opener, every dollar it makes is just adding to the “highest grossing disappointment” column. Pretty sad when you think about it. I was already feeling bad for MCU fans and now they’re going to get beaten twice, first when Endgame failed to take WW #1 without #FudgeGame, and they’re gonna lose again (for good) when Avatar is re-released. Let’s all make sure to be understanding in this difficult time for them.

You failed to acknowledge that it also has the worst legs for a $350M+ opener. #Flopgame

• Like 1

...these images of 'fed pets' that wait in their cages

giphy.gif

the film industry bracing when Shrek took out the 2001 summer box office?????  i don't understand if Shrek had some pre-conceived thing brewing,  and it's existence was an assault by Hollywood on the records?, but as a 15 year old, i was horrified how Shrek won the presidency against Pearl Harbors mission to take over Titanic and The Phantom Menace, and Jurassic Park 3.  All those OW records in 2001, but Shrek still somehow won the summer, and people were cheering for it.  was it an 1980s film reach around? (####)  

btw, I was all about Ocean's 11 crashing the box office industry and the fragile box office Guinness world records, and being as big as The Avengers, and annoying teenagers.  Spider-man (2002) ruined the competition by 100M, and then Shrek 2 kept it that way and even beat ROTS....  alot of fans probably had a bad reaction to the competition...  like adding to Shrek's box office was voting Democrat instead of Green Party

my mock fantasy memory predix here:

Spoiler

350 – Pearl Harbor

250 – Jurassic Park 3

225 - The Mummy Returns

175 – A.I. Artificial Intelligence

175 – Planet of the Apes

160 – Shrek

150 – Rush Hour 2

150 – American Pie 2

145 – Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

135 – Scary Movie 2

125 – Atlantis: The Lost Empire

120 – The Fast and the Furious

120 – Dr. Dolittle 2

115 – Cats and Dogs

105 – America’s Sweethearts

100 – Final Fantasy

95 – The Princess Diaries

90 - Evolution

85 – Swordfish

85 – Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

80 – The Score

75 – A Knight’s Tale

70 – The Animal

70 – What’s the Worst That Could Happen?

60 – Kiss of the Dragon

60 – Legally Blonde

60 – The Others

60 – Rat Race

60 – Jeepers Creepers

Edited by Slave Animal Rights
  • ...wtf 2

On 6/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, IronJimbo said:

On 6/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, IronJimbo said:

ASk yourself :)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatar 5 should be here by 2050 imo based on the current release schedule. 

Fortunately he won't even need to make another movie to get back the #1 spot. If only EG had found any kind of legs...

Shame about his streak though, oh well can't have everything.

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Not certain Avatar 2 takes it. Could easily be under. They took too long to make it, many don't even realize it's coming. After 6 delays that's what happens.

talking about an eventual Avatar re-release obviously. Titanic did what, 150m from China alone? Avatar would need a fraction of that to get pass EG (if EG makes it that is, how is it looking for EG? those international numbers look pretty weak)

No fucking clue what A2 will make honestly.

Edited by Alexdube