Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

in the comics

No one cares about them any more LE. :whosad:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

No one cares about them any more LE. :whosad:

That's sad, but true.

To be fair, I can't blame people for not caring anymore, the big companies failed to see their business model would die off, and agenda-ridden current state of comics doesn't help at all*

* before anyone jumps in and say that comics always had sociopolitical agendas, let's make sure we know the difference between themes and agendas.

• Like 1

It's funny cause the Cameron stans were very happy with the idea of Avatar getting a rerelease when Avatar 2 comes out when it looked like Endgame was going to beat Avatar but now aren't happy that Endgame is getting an expansion of its screenings while still in theatres. If people don't think it's worth going again for the extra stuff at the end then they won't go.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

That's sad, but true.

To be fair, I can't blame people for not caring anymore, the big companies failed to see their business model would die off, and agenda-ridden current state of comics doesn't help at all*

* before anyone jumps in and say that comics always had sociopolitical agendas, let's make sure we know the difference between themes and agendas.

They over-saturated their own market with rubbish. I think most got what they deserved. 

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It's funny cause the Cameron stans were very happy with the idea of Avatar getting a rerelease when Avatar 2 comes out when it looked like Endgame was going to beat Avatar but now aren't happy that Endgame is getting an expansion of its screenings while still in theatres. If people don't think it's worth going again for the extra stuff at the end then they won't go.

Who are you referring to? I'm very happy that they're re-releasing EG. 

• Like 1

I'm just awestruck the media keep calling it a re-release.

That is not even categorically correct. It is an expansion of its initial run after a contraction. Really not any different than an expansion we always see when films hit the discount theaters and that is never called a re-release.

A:EG hasn't even gone the discount theater route yet so this terminology mix up is mind boggling.

Expansion of EG not re-release.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The picture is fan made. As for the guy who was supposed to play Darkseid (Ray Porter), he’s a complete unknown who does a lot of audiobook narrations. To tell the truth, I actually kind of like how Snyder chose to go with an unknown actor. 

I don't mind a unknown actor, but if Porter is primarily a voice actor, I suspect that Darkseid was going to be CGI.

The way Darkseid looks in the comics is iconic; Snyder should have learned from how his Lex Luthor was received that you mess with an icon at your own risk.

I don't understand the crying from Cameron stans. Pure Spirit has gone crazy. It seems only NCSoft is atleast decent dude. Here's the thing Endgame is expanding not re releasing and you guys know it too. The posts you mention from other sources they do click bait headline for ad revenue... You are more reasonable human don't do troll like shit... Also are you that afraid that if Avatar's No.1spot is taken by Endgame that no other Avatar movie will outgrows it.... I think that's the reason you keep defending anyhow for Avatar. If you were so confident you should be saying Avatar 2 has great challenge and hope Cameron can pull it off... Unless you know the drill (shit on Endgame ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

I find the straw manning of JC fans confusing, or are there users I am not seeing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So how about them Endgame versus Avatar admissions numbers ayy 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:03 AM, TMP said:

Considering Endgame is the greatest superhero film of all time

Not even close

Posted (edited)

MCU fans proving themselves once again to  be the worst fanbase on the internet.

Cameron fans are now finding out what DC fans have known for years. 

Come at me. 

Edited by Warmaster506
  • Haha 2
  • Not Cool 2

2 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

MCU fans proving themselves once again to the worst fanbase on the internet.

Come at me. 

Spoiler Alert: You're all terrible.

16 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Spoiler Alert: You're all terrible.

I guess Warmaster forgot about the death threats critics who gave negative reviews to Batman Versus Superman got back in 2016.

That is th einciedible thing about over the top fanboys;they simply cannot see it when it's their side that does the stupid things.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, Captain Craig said:

I'm just awestruck the media keep calling it a re-release.

That is not even categorically correct. It is an expansion of its initial run after a contraction. Really not any different than an expansion we always see when films hit the discount theaters and that is never called a re-release.

A:EG hasn't even gone the discount theater route yet so this terminology mix up is mind boggling.

Expansion of EG not re-release.

Re-release sells better than expansion. "see it one more time"  before DVD/BluRay (despite it being in theaters in August). 

16 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

MCU fans proving themselves once again to  be the worst fanbase on the internet.

Come at me. 

You have a Ben Affleck batman as your icon. I can't even take this post seriously.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Reminder: ALL of you Fanboys (MCU, DCEU, Cameron, Studio stans) are trash and make things harder for fans.

This. Their behavior is why so many people have a negative view of fandom in general. Not fair, I know but the worst members of a group are often how a group is judged.  As Scar said "Life Isn't Fair, Is It?".

17 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Despite the drama over the past two months, I still hold a bigger grudge against the Star Wars fandom.

But fandom rise and fall, in time, MCU fans will probably know what it's like to sit in a corner of a conversation. I recall in the heyday of TFA, Star Wars fans were doing mental gymnastics trying to justify TFA's worldwide performance being greater than that of Avatars (a truly amusing and sad attempt), while simultaneously sneering at Asian film taste (especially Chinese), which is something I will never forget. Where are these people now?

It's amazing how fanboy obnoxiousness and franchise financial performance has an almost perfect positive correlation. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This. Their behavior is why so many people have a negative view of fandom in general. Not fair, I know but the worst members of a group are often how a group is judged.  As Scar said "Life Isn't Fair, Is It?".

At this point I can barely tell the difference or frequency between a hardcore DCEU and MCU fanboy because they’re both identical and the rush of them during the TLJ/BP/IW is responsible for sending the site down the shitter and causing worthwhile members to leave.

• Thanks 1

I think it might be about time to retire the term “DCEU”. It was never an official term to begin with, and considering that they’re severely de-emphasizing, if not outright contradicting the canon that Zack Snyder established, I see little reason for the term to continue to exist. 

• Like 1