Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

Despite the drama over the past two months, I still hold a bigger grudge against the Star Wars fandom.

But fandom rise and fall, in time, MCU fans will probably know what it's like to sit in a corner of a conversation. I recall in the heyday of TFA, Star Wars fans were doing mental gymnastics trying to justify TFA's worldwide performance being greater than that of Avatars (a truly amusing and sad attempt), while simultaneously sneering at Asian film taste (especially Chinese), which is something I will never forget. Where are these people now?

It's amazing how fanboy obnoxiousness and franchise financial performance has an almost perfect positive correlation. 

That's ridiculous. Even if EG passes Avatar it's still less impressive than Avatar and considerably less than Titanic.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

You have a Ben Affleck batman as your icon. I can't even take this post seriously.

I'm a Batman/DC fan as you probably know.

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

while simultaneously sneering at Asian film taste (especially Chinese), which is something I will never forget. Where are these people now?

Yeah, I agree that sneering at the BO taste of a region of the world is very unforgivable. 

Fortunately, there isn't any other fandom that does that with any other region, no one at all :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

Yeah, I agree that sneering at the BO taste of a region of the world is very unforgivable. 

Fortunately, there isn't any other fandom that does that with any other region, no one at all :rolleyes:

I am glad you agree with me!

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 2

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I guess that calling out loud the hypocrisy here would enter "personal attack" territory, so I won't comment any further, but damn 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

I'm a Batman/DC fan as you probably know.

I'm teasing, personally I am bale fan, then keaton.

I loved the previous Batman films and loved Aquaman. I'm a CBM fan, independent of MCU/DC. Loved Wonder Woman and will love the sequel.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

That's ridiculous. Even if EG passes Avatar it's still less impressive than Avatar and considerably less than Titanic.

Depends on how you define impressive. That is a very subjective word

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Depends on how you define impressive. That is a very subjective word

I would say that Titanic had the most impressive run of any movie at least in the past 30 years. It was number one at the box office for 15 weeks, made $600 million domestically in a time when ticket prices were much lower, and movies didn’t benefit from 3D or IMAX ticket sales, and made $1.2 billion overseas in a time when  China was nowhere near the powerhouse market for movies that it is today. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 5

Titanic had girls going to see 10-15 times.....I mean yeah it was impressive.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Dirty dancing had the same effect albeit at smaller scale. Although at much much lower budget

and talking about impressivenes - EG is first film ever to get WW crown without dom/os/china crown. For me that’s impressive. Like country winning olympics without any gold medal

Edited by JimiQ

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, cdsacken said:

In which ways are EG less impressive than Avatar?

Edited by Thomas Beck

12 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

EG and Avatar are both impressive in their own way. EG made $2.7B+ in 9 weeks whereas Avatar required 34 weeks to gross that much... Avatar was kind of original IP or first movie which then went on to become highest grossing movie of all time but then Endgmae is 22nd movie in the long running MCU which beat Avatar's first run when sequels to movies nowhere grow as big and sequels generally don't hold WW crown that much. That itself is the proof of how Endgame is impressive...

7 hours ago, NCsoft said:

7 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

I guess that calling out loud the hypocrisy here would enter "personal attack" territory, so I won't comment any further, but damn 

Minions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Leo was a QT it wasn't fair

38 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

Use your brain you can work it out Thomas i believe in you!

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 2

4 hours ago, Nero said:

EG and Avatar are both impressive in their own way. EG made $2.7B+ in 9 weeks whereas Avatar required 34 weeks to gross that much... Avatar was kind of original IP or first movie which then went on to become highest grossing movie of all time but then Endgmae is 22nd movie in the long running MCU which beat Avatar's first run when sequels to movies nowhere grow as big and sequels generally don't hold WW crown that much. That itself is the proof of how Endgame is impressive...

I think this is the best way to look at it. Both had huge, and very different, box office runs. Simple.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I think this is the best way to look at it. Both had huge, and very different, box office runs. Simple.

Or we go back to reality and realise avatar was far more impressive.

A2 will show you how small 2.78b is for a 2019 top grosser

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Right....

Make a club then. Put your money where your mouth is. You won't though. All you Cameron fans do is gab.

Edited by JB33

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Right....

Make a club then. Put your money where your mouth is. You won't though. All you Cameron fans do is gab.

@Deep Wang

Factually wrong yet again JB33.

I cant make any clubs for A2 yet JB33, I thought you would know that with the amount of hilarious Avatar delay jokes you make.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

They are both impressive!  

EG opened $100m higher than IW, which broke the opening weekend record last year.  That is pure insanity! 

Yes, Avatar had very long legs and and a thoroughly massive overseas gross in the time before overseas really expanded.