Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Another re-re-release for Endgame coming up...they know people are gullible enough to waste more money on unfinished cgi scenes...and the milking of Stan lee's death some more 

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

So I know this isn’t one of the usual fanboy wars, but that guy in the China thread thinking Naruto >One Piece is just hilarious.  

@Pure Spirit

Omg I know right? It was so absurd I didn’t want to respond and hurt his feelings. 😂 I mean what do you even say? I can’t believe I just discovered it last year, I haven’t been so impressed by a work of media in years, if EVER, and it’s not nostalgia talking! I finally caught up to the anime this week and it’s actually like a void opened in my life... I almost want to watch all the way from the beginning again. 900 episodes and I want more! Wtf. I’m reading the manga now which is fine but not the same.

What makes me sad about One Piece is it’s such a staggering work of art that deserves way more love in the West but instead One Piece was butchered by a horrible 4kidz English dub/adaptation that was basically cancelled after the first major arc... maybe that’s why he thinks Naruto is better? Fortunately the Funimation dub now exists, and there are finally convenient streaming options on par with Netflix (like vrv) but it took a decade+ before those options became mainstream. I think One Piece is gaining more and more fans and the fantastic animation in the Wano arc is going to get a lot of attention and new fans. One can hope!

For such a long show, it even starts off with a bang, I was hooked from the initial OP and premise and I had no idea the incredible adventure I was in for, One Piece expands your idea of what’s possible in entertainment. It’s a big world. :) I could rave about One Piece all day. I sing the “We Are!” OP to my daughter every day, she loves it. 

Haven’t seen Jojo, I’m sure it’s good but One Piece is One Piece man... it’s like a part of my soul I didn’t know I was missing. The real One Piece is the part of your soul it restores. Hail Oda the absolute madman.

I was really, really into One Piece until the timeskip. Ever since it hasn't really been the same for me. It's just too damn long and the status quo hasn't changed meaningfully enough to earn such a long run. Oda needs an editor; I'm a manga reader and I can't imagine how glacially paced the anime is.

JoJo is longer but at least it's broken up into manageable parts which are basically complete stories unto themselves. 

That said it's obviously still waaaaaaaaaay better than Naruto. My favorite series is OG Dragon Ball though.

Edited by Mekanos

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

I was really, really into One Piece until the timeskip. Ever since it hasn't really been the same for me. It's just too damn long and the status quo hasn't changed meaningfully enough to earn such a long run. Oda needs an editor; I'm a manga reader and I can't imagine how glacially paced the anime is.

JoJo is longer but at least it's broken up into manageable parts which are basically complete stories unto themselves. 

That said it's obviously still waaaaaaaaaay better than Naruto. My favorite series is OG Dragon Ball though.

Wait Jojo is longer than One Piece? It’s next on my list. Is Jojo that good?

I don’t mind the length but I’ve always loved worldbuilding and “slow” burns so One Piece is my jam. And I got into it recently so I didn’t have to wait week after week. The anime does have some atrocities though and I know what you’re talking about... way too many unnecessary flashbacks, long reaction shots to pad runtime... bleh, when it’s all over it should be re-cut. The latest episode is fucking quality though, new anime director with a huge, HUGE jump in editing and art quality, I mean top tier, Attack on Titan level. One Piece is finally getting the adaptation ❤️  it deserves, I hope.

12 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Wait Jojo is longer than One Piece? It’s next on my list. Is Jojo that good?

JoJo's been running since 1987 so yeah. It's split up into eight "parts" which have some overlapping characters but each part basically tells a whole story. The current anime does a really good job pacing it well though. Part 5 just finished.

Edited by Mekanos

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

JoJo's been running since 1987 so yeah. It's split up into eight "parts" which have some overlapping characters but each part basically tells a whole story. The current anime does a really good job pacing it well though. Part 5 just finished.

Omg can’t wait 😊 thanks 🙏 

edit: does it have a good dub? I prefer those but only if they are quality dubs like Funimation.

Edited by Pure Spirit

7 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Omg can’t wait 😊 thanks 🙏 

edit: does it have a good dub? I prefer those but only if they are quality dubs like Funimation.

It's fine from what I've seen, but I've only watched the dub here and there. Most people seem to like it.