Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

yeah I enjoyed the first season of One Punch Man

I was really into Sword Art Online, then the storyline majorly changed about halfway through the first season and it wasn't as good to me.  I still watch SAO 2 just to say where it went.

I got into Baki, as well, since it's only 2 seasons on Netflix so far.  Bit odd, but kind of cool too

18 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

I wish I could get into One Piece, but that artstyle is so fucking bad though

I used to think the same way when my friends suggested it to me. It's an awesome anime though. A lot of episodes to get through at this point though. 

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I take it this is the anime and manga thread now? How did that happen? I mean, it does seem a lot more civil now, but that’s still a strange development. 

Let me fix that

Zack Snyder makes a Naruto movie

:Venom:

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I take it this is the anime and manga thread now? How did that happen? I mean, it does seem a lot more civil now, but that’s still a strange development. 

If we want to achieve World Peace. My friend the only way is Anime and Manga. Japan is the saviour :worthy:

• Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

The Fate series is great, but probably a step down from the best mangas/animes. They also lean a bit heavier on anime/manga conventions and aren't as good for people who are more casual fans or non-fans. I'm saying this because some time ago someone tried recommending me Fate and it was a complete dud at getting me (back) into anime. FMA:B is the show that finally pulled me into modern anime and made me want more.

EDIT: PS @Nero you should check out Puella Magi Madoka Magica

The fate series was created from visual novel games. Which are kind of hentai game if you catch my drift to give him power he has to have sex with girls etc.. But when they made it into anime they changed it very much that nay be why you didn't like it. About One Punch Man it's a parody so it shouldn't be treated like regular shounen anime or manga. Try Re Zero Kara hajimeru it's pretty great isekai anime. Just like Edge of tomorrow but brutal and well tragedic

Edited by Nero

I'll also throw my hat in for Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's possibly the best all rounder for an extremely solid anime series, with a solid ending as well.

Its only fault is that it's a "reboot", so it had to rush some of the early content from the manga as to not be too redundant with the first "incomplete" anime show of the series.

It's one of those stories where you can tell the author knew exactly what story he wanted to tell, from start to finish. Everything clicks beautifully to great satisfaction.

Edited by WhiteWings

On 7/16/2019 at 9:27 AM, WhiteWings said:

Its only fault is that it's a "reboot", so it had to rush some of the early content from the manga as to not be too redundant with the first "incomplete" anime show of the series.

Ture, but also hats off to the first anime as well, for keeping it good till the end, despite going beyond the manga. Some plot points, like Envy's and Sloth's identity.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Imagine writing this post. Yikes. 

Don't fall for the bait JCS. We need to talk about anime and manga. It's the only was for peaceful discussion. So recently there is hardly any original animes being made. The ones that get made are either manga adaptation or video game or visual novel adaptation. Anime like Eureka Seven, Code Geass are hardly made. Also the anime industry has become very difficult for working coz of that we have poor animation in One Punch Man S2 or some studios. It's hard to think that the studio which made Yu Yu Hakusho has made garbage animation in Tokyo Ghoul S2 & SE as well as Black Clover. What sad times. 

Edited by Nero

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Don't fall for the bait JCS. We need to talk about anime and manga. It's the only was for peaceful discussion. So recently there is hardly any original animes being made. The ones that get made are either manga adaptation or video game or visual novel adaptation. Anime like Eureka Seven, Code Geass are hardly made. Also the anime industry has become very difficult for working coz of that we have poor animation in One Punch Man S2 or some studios. It's hard to think that the studio which made Yu Yu Hakusho has made garbage animation in Tokyo Ghoul S2 & SE as well as Black Clover. What sad times. 

Is it perhaps the case that less original manga are being produced, or is it merely more of a risk aversion to new IPs in the anime-sphere? 

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is it perhaps the case that less original manga are being produced, or is it merely more of a risk aversion to new IPs in the anime-sphere? 

No I meant that producing original Anime IP as opposed to getting adaptation of manga. Original manga are released and they will be profitable but while creating anime you need more budget and the risks are more. Usually it happened that studios used to gamble on new IPs and they were quite successful but now a days they are afraid or just don't do it .

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I know we're a week(2 at most) away from Avatar's record is gone, but I don't think its too early to put on some blue face paint and celebrate

NsSy.gif

@IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar

after fudging disney (the biggest film studio of all time) are going to hold Jim's record for like 6 months? good job

Jim's had it for 22 years and will get it back with the 10 year anniversy Avatar re-release

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Funny how it takes two mega corps to momentarly take down one man. Even that is only possible because that one man has been resting for 10 years.

Lol. What a terrible take. I'm not even going to bother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1