Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

18 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

R.I.P Avatar 

Anyway it was a fun ride while it lasted, also I loves the conversation with the Jim gang, no hard feelings 

@IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar @NCsoft @Pure Spirit

Time for Jim to make his comeback with Avatar 2😉

I really don't feel like congratulating Endgame, particularly due to the fashion that the record is "conquered". Needless to say, it had a phenomenon run, which I've said many times before.

Anyway, it will take some time for me to get used to this, first time since I was 7, that the highest grossing film of all time isn't a Cameron film. Frankly, as a box office fan, and a numbers fanatic, I'm actually all for records being broken (Titanic has always been the champion in my heart anyway), but I just wished it was a better circumstances, in a true record breaking fashion, from a truly groundbreaking film. Well, you can't have it all I guess, Jim had the greatest 22 year run, and I've got a feeling that the run is far from over...;)

I do hope that it is not Avatar 2 that goes after Endgame's record, 2.5 years is too long of a wait, and A2 has really ambitious goals, I wish that it will be Avatar that takes it back. The truth is Avatar can absolutely do it, the question is whether it will be allowed to have a large scale global re-release (Asia is the key).

Edited by NCsoft

5 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I really don't feel like congratulating Endgame, particularly due to the fashion that the record is "conquered". Needless to say, it had a phenomenon run, which I've said many times before.

Anyway, it will take some time for me to get used to this, first time since I was 7, that the highest grossing film of all time isn't a Cameron film. Frankly, as a box office fan, and a numbers fanatic, I'm actually all for records being broken (Titanic has always been the champion in my heart anyway), but I just wished it was a better circumstances, in a true record breaking fashion, from a truly groundbreaking film. Well, you can't have it all I guess, Jim had the greatest 22 year run, and I've got a feeling that the run is far from over...;)

I do hope that it is not Avatar 2 that goes after Endgame's record, 2.5 years is too long of a wait, and A2 has really ambitious goals, I wish that it will be Avatar that takes it back. The truth is Avatar can absolutely do it, the question is whether it will be allowed to have a large scale global re-release (Asia is the key).

So Endgame passing Avatar’s original run without any help and then passing its re-release total with a half assed re-release/expansion is not worth congratulating, but Avatar re-releasing yet again would be this great thing? That would be way cheaper than anything Endgame has done in its run. 

• Like 1

Cameron fans. So predictable.

Who really cares though? I honest to God don't need their congratulations or acknowledgement. They can say and feel what they want. That's their right.

Edited by JB33
  • Knock It Off 1

Anyways Fad of 2009 has finally erased from history. It was already forgotten and never mentioned with the exception of it being the biggest movie of all time and now that it's lost that title - it will never be brought up again.

RIP

Related image

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Anyways Fad of 2009 has finally erased from history. It was already forgotten and never mentioned with the exception of it being the biggest movie of all time and now that it's lost that title - it will never be brought up again.

RIP

Related image

at least the Russos have some class

James Cameron is an idol for us, and he’s fed our passion for filmmaking from the beginning

they would probably look down on you

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

So Endgame passing Avatar’s original run without any help and then passing its re-release total with a half assed re-release/expansion is not worth congratulating, but Avatar re-releasing yet again would be this great thing? That would be way cheaper than anything Endgame has done in its run. 

That's an interesting way to spin it, let me explain it in proper context:

When Avatar (in 2009) leaped ahead of Titanic's worldwide record by 900M+ worldwide, or increase the all time record by 50%, did it need any "help"? It's re-release was a victory lap and that they felt it left more money on the table. That's what I meant by in a true record breaking fashion, by a groundbreaking film. It's not that I don't acknowledge Endgame's record, it's just that I wished it was a groundbreaking film, breaking the record by a significant margin, as the Cameron duo films did, or many films before Titanic (JP, ET, and Star Wars). What ended up happening, is that Endgame clearly couldn't do it in its natural run, so had to rely to a last minute rushed half baked "re-release" using "Blu-ray extra" material, being dragged to the point of slowly limping over Avatar, for the first time ever, a historical worldwide record is broken in this fashion, not to mention we're talking about a global market that is 40% larger than 2009. So under this circumstances,  you can congratulate all you want, I just don't feel like doing that personally. "worth congratulating or not" is a personal opinion, and this is mine. But I did acknowledge its very impressive run, obviously, you've probably seen it many times.

As for Avatar re-release, of course it would be a great thing. Avatar was a film visual masterpiece, and the world which Jim created inspired many back in 2009, but due to market realities (China is now 8 times bigger in admission, for example), tens of millions of people missed out on seeing it in theaters, bringing it back before the sequels (preferably for its 10 year anniversary) would be the most natural thing, as there is actually raw demand for it, especially in Asia markets. Bringing it back with enhanced visuals would be great, just like Titanic 3D in 2012. This is a cheaper move than a half baked re-release with blu-ray extras? That's an unique logic exclusively from you.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Alexdube said:

hat least the Russos have some class

they would probably look down on you

Class? Headshot has absolutely none.

He's the one that keeps claiming Avatar was a 3D fad, dead in a ditch, and Titanic being a glorified hallmark film.

He actually has no business on a box office forum as he inspires the worst in fanboyism, and rarely actually talks about actual numbers anyway, he does incite fan wars and insult Cameron, his films and his fans all the time.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 3

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

That's an interesting way to spin it, let me explain it in proper context:

When Avatar (in 2009) leaped ahead of Titanic's worldwide record by 900M+ worldwide, or increase the all time record by 50%, did it need any "help"? It's re-release was a victory lap and that they felt it left more money on the table. That's what I meant by in a true record breaking fashion, by a groundbreaking film. It's not that I don't acknowledge Endgame's record, it's just that I wished it was a groundbreaking film, breaking the record by a significant margin, as the Cameron duo films did, or many films before Titanic (JP, ET, and Star Wars). What ended up happening, is that Endgame clearly couldn't do it in its natural run, so had to rely to a last minute rushed half baked "re-release" using "Blu-ray extra" material, being dragged to the point of slowly limping over Avatar, for the first time ever, a historical worldwide record is broken in this fashion, not to mention we're talking about a global market that is 40% larger than 2009. So under this circumstances,  you can congratulate all you want, I just don't feel like doing that personally. "worth congratulating or not" is a personal opinion, and this is mine. But I did acknowledge its very impressive run, obviously, you've probably seen it many times.

As for Avatar re-release, of course it would be a great thing. Avatar was a film visual masterpiece, and the world which Jim created inspired many back in 2009, but due to market realities (China is now 8 times bigger in admission, for example), tens of millions of people missed out on seeing it in theaters, bringing it back before the sequels (preferably for its 10 year anniversary) would be the most natural thing, as there is actually raw demand for it, especially in Asia markets. Bringing it back with enhanced visuals would be great, just like Titanic 3D in 2012. This is a cheaper move than a half baked re-release with blu-ray extras? That's an unique logic exclusively from you.

Still waiting for congratulations tho😤

9 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Class? Headshot has absolutely none.

He's the one that keeps claiming Avatar was a 3D fad, dead in a ditch, and Titanic being a glorified hallmark film.

He actually has no business on a box office forum as he inspires the worst in fanboyism, and rarely actually talks about actual numbers anyway, he does incite fan wars and insult Cameron, his films and his fans all the time.

And I personally think James Cameron is bitter and talentless. His gimmicks aren’t deserving of praise and his achievements aren’t warranted. I appreciate movies and everything they represent and people like James Cameron using gimmicks and then patting themselves on the back for being “creative” and making “original movies” when they are no different than any other blockbuster director are not it. His level of self-entitlement and narcissism is repulsive and the fans that stroke his ego are no better. I have no respect for his vision or his bitter fans, gimmicks and antics. People who don’t belong are those who pedal his gimmicks and praise him in the capacity they do knowing damn well he’s a talentless hack. 

Edited by HeadShot
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Rip avatar. Let that shit burn in you Cameronstans. Laughing at you know Jimbo the bimbo.

I honestly don't see how they haven't permanently banned you from this site. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Alexdube said:

If blue Pocahontas was on Spielberg’s level of creativity maybe I’d even feel somewhat bad but honestly the guy’s been involved in like three movies in the last two decades and all of them have been mediocre in every capacity barring a good sales pitch so what’s up? 

@HeadShot

Say what you want about Jim, he's still going to be remembered as one of greatest of all time, as opposed to a bitter online complainer who barely acknowledges reality.

It's also a little ironic that you describe him as "bitter", when he's shown nothing but graciousness, it's clear who is the bitter one.

• Like 1

As a person who has zero ties to both Marvel and Avatar, I'd like to ask @NCsoft a question.

If Endgame had a 'normal' late run expansion, say around Labor Day Weekend for two weeks, would you feel the same about how it would have broken the record, given late expansions happen all the time for various movies for various reasons?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

If blue Pocahontas was on Spielberg’s level of creativity maybe I’d even feel somewhat bad but honestly the guy’s been involved in like three movies in the last two decades and all of them have been mediocre in every capacity barring a good sales pitch so what’s up? 

kind of agree about Avatar, but did you just call Titanic and true lies "mediocre movies" or I saw something wrong?

12 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I honestly don't see how they haven't permanently banned you from this site. 

Me either, KJsooner is known to use reproductive organ related descriptors when it comes to Jim Fans, if not that, it's some other sort of sinister insult. But I think it's clear that there is a double standard that exist here in terms of temporarily or permanently banning people.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1