Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

@HeadShot

Say what you want about Jim, he's still going to be remembered as one of greatest of all time, as opposed to a bitter online complainer who barely acknowledges reality.

It's also a little ironic that you describe him as "bitter", when he's shown nothing but graciousness, it's clear who is the bitter one.

Being remembered doesn’t mean you were particularly good at your craft. Marilyn Monroe is considered to be “one of the best actresses” of all time too and her capacity as an actress is even more questionable than Jim’s directing. 

Thankfully we have people like Nolan who rely on effective and good storytelling to sell their movies rather than gimmicks. 

Also with streaming taking off in the capacity it is and blockbusters becoming quite affordable there’s not going to be much left of Jim’s creations to stand the test of time unlike other talented directors whose story and effective storytelling remains one for the history books.

Edited by HeadShot

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Me either, KJsooner is known to use reproductive organ related descriptors when it comes to Jim Fans, it not that, it's some other sort of sinister insult. But I think it's clear that there is a double standard that exist here in terms of temporarily or permanently banning people.

Oorrrr, maybe they aren't reported enough?  

Like I always say, if you have a problem with how a forum is run, message the mods/admins privately and express your concerns.  Just complaining in the open forum isn't gonna do much about it, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

kind of agree about Avatar, but did you just call Titanic and true lies "mediocre movies" or I saw something wrong?

Mainly referring to Avatar and Alita. Both his creative efforts in the last two decades and both very weak and ineffective when it comes to their writing and storytelling. 

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oorrrr, maybe they aren't reported enough?  

Like I always say, if you have a problem with how a forum is run, message the mods/admins privately and express your concerns.  Just complaining in the open forum isn't gonna do much about it, IMO

He won't tho, let's be honest here and without any disrespect

Kjsooner is being disrespectful and uses stupid tone lately, but if he is deserved to be banned so as iron  jimbo too, who has been posting troll comments and inciting fan wars multiple times.

I have been lurking year for over a year before creating account, so I know a bit about the behavior of some members.

9 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Being remembered doesn’t mean you were particularly good at your craft. Marilyn Monroe is considered to be “one of the best actresses” of all time too and her capacity as an actress is even more questionable than Jim’s directing. 

Thankfully we have people like Nolan who rely on effective and good storytelling to sell their movies rather than gimmicks. 

Also with streaming taking off in the capacity it is and blockbusters becoming quite affordable there’s not going to be much left of Jim’s creations to stand the test of time unlike other talented directors whose story and effective storytelling remains one for the history books.

Your analogy makes zero sense, Monroe is a modern cultural icon and she's remembered for precisely that, she is not remembered for her craft, and I haven't heard anyone regarding her as "one of the best actresses". Monroe is not more famous than Bette Davis and Katharine Hepburn because people admire her craft more. If Cameron is remembered, it will be because of his craft, James Cameron is not Marilyn Monroe, he will be remembered for his box office domination as well, obviously, the unique ability to connect with global audiences is undoubtedly a talent that Cameron possesses.

I will not be baited into bashing Nolan by the way, I have great respect for him.

Edited by NCsoft

Just now, Permanent Magnet said:

He won't tho, let's be honest here and without any disrespect

Kjsooner is being disrespectful and uses stupid tone lately, but if he is deserved to be banned so as iron  jimbo too, who has been posting troll comments and inciting fan wars multiple times.

I have been lurking year for over a year before creating account, so I know a bit about the behavior of some members.

All I iz saying is if you think someone is breaking rules, report them.  I've done my fair share of reporting folks who are supposed to be on "my side" of an issue.

Truth be told, I kinda try to report them more often coz I don't like "my side" looking bad, whatever that current side may be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

@HeadShot

Your analogy makes zero sense, Monroe is a modern cultural icon and she's remembered for precisely that, she is not remembered for her craft, and I haven't heard anyone regarding her as "one of the best actresses". Monroe is not more famous than Bette Davis and Katharine Hepburn because people admire her craft more. If Cameron is remembered, it will be because of his craft, James Cameron is not Marilyn Monroe, he will be remembered for his box office domination as well, obviously, the unique ability to connect with global audiences is undoubtedly a talent that Cameron possesses.

I will not be baited into bashing Nolan by the way, I have great respect for him.

James Cameron will be remembered for his craft. But the said craft still belongs more with the likes of her rather than talented directors like Spielberg, Nolan, Tarantino, etc.

It doesn’t help that none of these directors take the time he does for their concepts that are far more effective and engaging. He relies on gimmicks to sell rather than his skills as a director and that’s precisely why once you strip him off of them there’s not much of a story to tell. 

Alita and Avatar are bottom of the barrel concepts and for someone who has spent the last two decades focusing almost solely on them it’s realiy not much of a payoff.

But I guess one looked good in 3D and whatever it is that Alita’s worth and justification to even exist is. 

Edited by HeadShot

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

All I iz saying is if you think someone is breaking rules, report them.  I've done my fair share of reporting folks who are supposed to be on "my side" of an issue.

Truth be told, I kinda try to report them more often coz I don't like "my side" looking bad, whatever that current side may be.

Fair enough porthos

You are one of the best members in this forum btw, I appreciate your contribution and specially your pre sales tracking ( still remember you nailing the previews for EG at 60M)

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

but I just wished it was a better circumstances, in a true record breaking fashion, from a truly groundbreaking film. 

:hahaha:   

Endgame is the most groundbreaking cinematic achievement of the millennium. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Also with streaming taking off in the capacity it is and blockbusters becoming quite affordable there’s not going to be much left of Jim’s creations to stand the test of time unlike other talented directors who’s story and effective storytelling remains one for the history books.

Many of his movies are highly regarded for their effective storytelling. It's why many of his movies still figure on top of many favorite lists. It's why he created some of the most iconic characters of all time. It's why his movies are still referenced today numerous times (like Aliens and Terminator in Infinity War and Endgame) You make no sense whatsoever. Also questioning his craft? He started in the business as a special effect technician, and as a result won Oscars for nearly all of his movies in that field. Hell, he brought CGI on the map. Do you think CG is a gimmick?

When Endgame inevitably get passed, I hope I handle it with more class.     

Dec 2021 rumble will be fun.   

Spoiler

Mostly because it will take 10 days or less before it’s obvious that Avatar 2 has no shot 

I really never cared about the WW record. I only really care about domestic grosses adjusted for inflation. There, Gone with the Wind is number 1. However, when Star Wars: The Force Awakens broke the domestic gross record, it was a nice accomplishment. Then, all of a sudden, there were these people who acted like Avatar was still the king because WW is what REALLY matters. That irked me because I felt like it diminished the accomplishments of Gone with the Wind and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That made me want one of the movies that I loved to take Avatar down.

Avengers: Endgame having the WW crown doesn't do much for me because I care about domestic adjusted grosses. However, I never have to listen to the moving goal posts again. Either Gone with the Wind has the record (domestic adjusted gross), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (domestic), or Avengers: Endgame (WW) . . . take your pick. Avengers: Endgame beating people at their own game (WW gross) does feel kind of nice.

25 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

@HeadShot

Say what you want about Jim, he's still going to be remembered as one of greatest of all time, as opposed to a bitter online complainer who barely acknowledges reality.

It's also a little ironic that you describe him as "bitter", when he's shown nothing but graciousness, it's clear who is the bitter one.

Jim isn't that bitter, but damn his fans are. Butthurt like crazy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

When Endgame inevitably get passed, I hope I handle it with more class.     

Dec 2021 rumble will be fun.   

Hide contents

Mostly because it will take 10 days or less before it’s obvious that Avatar 2 has no shot 

I'll say it right now. I hope Avatar 2 breaks the 3B barrier. Avatar stans will be giant assholes about it but I don't care. Why? I want Avatar 3/4/5 to actually happen before Cameron dies and he takes 10 years a damn film.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'll say it right now. I hope Avatar 2 breaks the 3B barrier. Avatar stans will be giant assholes about it but I don't care. Why? I want Avatar 3/4/5 to actually happen before Cameron dies and he takes 10 years a damn film.

I will be cheering on Avatar 2 as well. If Avengers: Endgame keeps the record, that's great. If Avatar 2 breaks the record, that's great too. Either way, I'll be happy.

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I will be cheering on Avatar 2 as well. If Avengers: Endgame keeps the record, that's great. If Avatar 2 breaks the record, that's great too. Either way, I'll be happy.

Same here. Cheers!

I'm no fan of the Jim Gang but Yikes HeadShot at your Cameron takes. He's no hack. He's one of the most talented guys in the business! Avatar doesn't do much for me, but Titanic, Terminator and Aliens?? Some of the best movies there are!

• Like 2