Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yeah, it's Jim and Titanic & Avatar that made highest grossing film worldwide a special crown to hold.

If not for them, we would have been seeing highest grossing film of all time on average every two years, popping out left and right. It's a situation of :

highest grosser come and go, greatest of all time runs will be remembered.  ;)

That's a great point, Avengers:FG will be forgotten forever as soon as Avatar is re-released.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they were going to do an Avatar rerelease it would absolutely make the most sense to do it next winter, a year before Avatar 2 and at a time when Disney doesn't have Star Wars slotted. I'm not convinced they will rerelease it though.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I’d prefer Avatar 2 to get it rather than an Avatar re-release. Just seems more fitting and suspenseful. Though I hope at least one gets it, we need more big shake ups like this to keep the box office entertaining. Otherwise we may need to wait until Avatar 5 or Avengers 7, which would be pretty boring.

I'd be fine with that as well, but having Avatar re-take it does have a few benefit from my (Jim Stan) point of view.

1. Avatar was by far the more impressive run taking 2009 global market condition into consideration, it's also an original films that broke out, in that sense, it feels right for it to have the crown. MCU fans would have had that crown for a while, so Endgame did have its moment.

2. So that Avatar 2 can be marketed as the sequel to the highest grossing film, which is a first since.... Empire strikes back

3. So when Jim Cameron threepeats with Avatar 2 (it would be again, surpassing himself and not a film not made by him)...

Edited by NCsoft

28 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

I think Avatar will only get double features with A2 during preview night like IW got with EG and full gross will go to A2

Brother IW was never the highest grossing movie of all time and wasn't released 10 years ago. It would have never made sense to have a proper re-release for IW. Plus, people who will go see Avatar aren't necessarily like hardcore comicbook fans willing to sit 6 hours in a theater to watch movies. You will be able to catch Avatar on its own before A2 comes out don't worry

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Denying what?

Yes Avengers:FG finally pased Avatar, but remember it was supposed to pass it 20 times already. I thought Avatar was going to be done and dusted a couple months ago, the fact Disney had to fudge it actually pretty funny as I thought it was going to do it on it's own two feet.

Time at #1:

Jim: 22 years

Disney's Marvel Studios: 1 day

If Avatar is re-released this christmas as a 10 year anniversary then we'll get to see a new record.

Least time above 0 spent at WW #1, which would be fitting for a film that had to fudge it.

Oh, I feel your sadness Jimbo

You will lose the only thing you use in your conversation with other members to bring other movies down

Now you will have to say Avatar which is the SECOND highest grosser is more impressive than X movie

Btw, forgot to give you your medal

silver-clipart-can-stock-photo_csp174566

Congratulations buddy😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Finally! Massive congratulations to Disney and Marvel for finally toppling Jim. No easy feat!

This is a huge win for the movie industry in general. I was tiring of bespoke single vision movies and think that more interconncted universes and committee based film making are honestly better for those on the ground to have their voices heard.

I'm just glad Disney did it fair and square in the end. Enjoy the victory MCU fans, it's tough at the top!

Glad you remained civil in the face of them calling you shit like "Avatard" JCS. Eloquent as usual

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I couldn't possibly leave a forum that you frequent Nero

Why are you afraid it will gross less than 5B? Shall we make a bet if it grosses 5B or more than 5B I will leave the forum but if it doesn't you do?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Why are you afraid it will gross less than 5B? Shall we make a bet if it grosses 5B or more than 5B I will leave the forum but if it doesn't you do?

the stakes aren't the same though Nero, no one cares if you leave

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

the stakes aren't the same though Nero, no one cares if you leave

Fine then I won't leave but tell me the real reason. Why are you so hesitating? 5B or not? It's really interesting that you make such bold prediction but can't back it? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

Shunning might be a thing in India, but in the west we really don't do the whole caste system thing. 

Also you are mentioning the caste system but is there any country who doesnt know what Germany has done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Also you are mentioning the caste system but is there any country who doesnt know what Germany has done?

The difference being we stopped committing horrendous crimes against our own population...

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Fine then I won't leave but tell me the real reason. Why are you so hesitating? 5B or not? It's really interesting that you make such bold prediction but can't back it? 

Bet against @JamesCameronScholar he'll actually take you up on it, although you'll have to do something less pathetic than 'don't come back here' XD 

• Like 1