Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Having to quote that many sig figs. :hahaha:

Yeah, I amused myself with that as well. It’s no 0.6. But hey, it’s all about the one’s place 😛    

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

That's a great point, Avengers:FG will be forgotten forever as soon as Avatar is re-released.

Resultado de imagem para will it though

Movies that haven't even made half of Avatar's money are more implanted in people's memory than Avatar.

If anything, wouldn't Endgame go down in history as the 1st film not directed by Cameron to be the all-time #1 since Jurassic Park?

*hears Cameron fanboys scream NOT ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION or DISNEY FUDGED IT*

*remembers Cameron fanboys AVATAR HAD 2009 EXCHANGE RATES AND WAS RE-RELEASED TOO*

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

That is a possibility, but Disney can make more money by putting it on Disney+.

Jim will never allow this, anyone claiming it will go on D+ doesn't know the first thing about JC. He's all about the theatre experience and blowing your mind on the biggest and most visually impressive screen possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Jim will never allow this, anyone claiming it will go on D+ doesn't know the first thing about JC. He's all about the theatre experience and blowing your mind on the biggest and most visually impressive screen possible.

It's going on Disney+.

14 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

I think I'm allowed to both be happy for Endgame to hold the record AND think the re-issue was an unfortunate way to achieve the record that made them lose good faith. (which they have plenty of, so they can afford it, but still)

Even now I still find their decision on clawing at the #1 a bit puzzling. But they have the best marketing team, so they must know what they're doing.

What you're saying doesn't really make sense. Movies are reissued or have their theater counts increased all the time. It's standard industry practice when studios or exhibitors feel that there are more tickets to be sold and more money to be made. Avatar itself was reissued in 2010, after which it earned an additional $30 million. Do you also feel that Fox and Cameron acted in bad faith by putting their movie back in theaters, or is your scorn reserved for Disney and Feige?

There is not a damn thing wrong with Disney trying to get the all-time box office crown for its most popular franchise. Filmmaking is a business where art and commerce are inextricably linked. Naturally, money and bragging rights are a consideration for all involved. Pretending that there is something newly slimy or underhanded when it's actually business as usual is a bit disingenuous. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

What you're saying doesn't really make sense. Movies are reissued or have their theater counts increased all the time. It's standard industry practice when studios or exhibitors feel that there are more tickets to be sold and more money to be made. Avatar itself was reissued in 2010, after which it earned an additional $30 million. Do you also feel that Fox and Cameron acted in bad faith by putting their movie back in theaters, or is your scorn reserved for Disney and Feige?

There is not a damn thing wrong with Disney trying to get the all-time box office crown for its most popular franchise. Filmmaking is a business where art and commerce are inextricably linked. Naturally, money and bragging rights are a consideration for all involved. Pretending that there is something newly slimy or underhanded when it's actually business as usual is a bit disingenuous. 

A very sensible post, but one Cameron fans will ignore or find some way to refute. They hypocrisy is mind-boggling. Be a man and suck it up you guys! This is honestly getting kind of embarrassing.

Edited by JB33

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Whats a Shang-Chi?

Asian super hero movie. Seriously it's depressing that WB keeps screwing up Superman. That should be easy!

Personally I liked Man of Steel until Snyder ruined it. That guy really hates superheroes. 

3 hours ago, Talkie said:

Oh no, I'm not saying "there is something newly slimy or underhanded". It's business as usual, as you say, just a tad more blatant and transparent than I've gotten used to.

Though I don't know why people insist to bring up Avatar's re-release so often for comparison when it had an entirely different context and purpose.

I don’t know where else to put this, so I’ll just point out here that there’s now a Wikipedia page for the so called Snyder cut of JL. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Justice_League

For anyone who cares (which I’m guessing isn’t very many of you), it is a convenient way of getting an idea of just how different Snyder’s version of the film was compared to what ended up in theaters.