Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

15 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Disney does not abuse it's power , they're not nearly at it as much as news media, oil corps, pharmas and consumerable corps. 

I think it's silly to be wary of the mouse, when half the big corps on the mentioned industries have politicians and media in their pockets

I’ll just leave these here to show you how bad it is..

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/some-disneyland-staff-say-they-struggle-with-homelessness-and-food-insecurity-2018-03-01

https://www.leftvoice.org/The-Price-of-Wonderland-Homeless-Disney-Worker-Dies-in-Car

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JB33 said:

I would be pretty annoyed if there wasn't precedence in the comics.

I also don't really blame people unless they're being REALLY dramatic and unreasonable about it. You're changing a character the audience has grown to love. It would be like that with any product when you suddenly change a huge part of it. It's nothing to do with "ewww I don't want women in mah superhero movies". If that was the case people would have had a problem with Valkyrie. It just feels agenda driven.

That being said, I'll reiterate: there IS precedence in the comics for Jane Foster Thor so it does feel organic enough for me. Other fans may not be aware and understandably think Marvel is making Thor a woman just for the sake of it.

Moreover, the Marvel Cinematic Universe was supposed to be donezo with Natalie Portman. Why bring her back over Sif & Valkyrie to take over for Thor especially when they haven't even gotten to his other known horsefaced suceessor.

33 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

rewatched avatar a couple of days ago. Wow it's truly terrible. Such an awful and dull script.  no wonder it needed the 3D gimmick to sell tickets back in 2009. 

It’s silly to me people considered this movie ‘to have had an impact’ on the film industry. They should be laughed out the door.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

It’s silly to me people considered this movie ‘to have had an impact’ on the film industry. They should be laughed out the door.

Avatar had a huge impact on the films in terms of it's visuals....in terms of script and chatecters, not so much. Except for the eye popping visuals, it was  pretty much a conventional Sci Fi adventure. Not bad, but not great either.

4 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

Moreover, the Marvel Cinematic Universe was supposed to be donezo with Natalie Portman. Why bring her back over Sif & Valkyrie to take over for Thor especially when they haven't even gotten to his other known horsefaced suceessor.

This is the one thing that irks me about it. Portman didn't really seem to like playing Jane Foster and it showed, so it's hard for me to be all happiness and rainbows about her taking over Mighty Thor. The silver lining is that she'll probably not phone it in now that she has a juicier role.

I think she had become unhappy with the role because of a directorial change? Can't remember.

To anyone with two brain cells to rub together, it was clear enough that her character could become Mighty Thor eventually, but she sure didn't seem to act like she'd be returning.

:gold:

• Astonished 1

6 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

I'm not crazy about Natalie's return but I did like her in the role and Jane as Thor does resonate a hell of lot more than those other women as Thor, not only because of comic history but because of the established relationship between Jane and Thor. I wanted to like Val more but I wasn't all that impressed with the writing or Tessa's performance. Sif had potential but she hasn't been onscreen enough for me to care. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

1 hour ago, WhiteWings said:

I think she had become unhappy with the role because of a directorial change? Can't remember.

Yeah.  Patty Jenkins was lined up to direct Thor 2, didn't think the script was very good and wanted to do a different take, Marvel wouldn't budge so she walked.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Horner said:

Yeah.  Patty Jenkins was lined up to direct Thor 2, didn't think the script was very good and wanted to do a different take, Marvel wouldn't budge so she walked.

And Jenkins was dead right;the Thor 2 script was not very good.

Frankly, I don't blame Portman for not being happy with the way Foster was written in the first two Thor films. I think she was hoping the writing would be improved for Thor 2 and it was not.

I don't get the fanboy hatred for her for not wanting to come back in a role that had been weakly written. I think she likes the ideas for Thor 4 and that is why she is returning.

But then a lot of fanboys are pretty narrow in their views anyway.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

.... is that she'll probably not phone it in now ...

Different reasons for her phoning in her role then, one was her seemingly not liking at least her co-actor too.

The script had to be rewritten rather fast / late too, per her pregnancy.

If the articles then had it right she did not help the situation by informing late about her pregnancy also

In the end I blame her for to big part for what went wrong with Thor 2 (but not 100%), hence why I am not happy about her return.

Maybe she will convince me in the future as Jane, but till now (both Thor movies) nope, not convinced by her performance in this role (she was good in other roles)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JimiQ said:

I blame Ike Perlmutter for Thor 2 and everything around it. Kevin would allow Patty’s suggestions and thus kept Natalie contented/happy

a massive rewrite of the screenplay bcs her pregnancy is IMHO a big reason, especially bcs it was rather short timed, plus....

I do not care about a project going worse for an actress not 'being held happy', that's not professional behaviour.

Perlmutter (and Arad) I like neither, both hindered way more for different reasons the earlier MCU titles, than 'help'