Jump to content
Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Feige removed from the message as he was a whiny bitch and begged for a rerelease.

 

Jim calls himself self the box office king of last 22 years

 

Really short because not happy with Disney

 

 

 

 

What message was he removed from? Also, what's your source for Feige "begging" for a re-release?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic to call Feige begging for a re release.. You guys are literally begging now for Disney to re release Avatar and to get the crown back? I thought you hated Disney... 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LaughingEvans said:

 

What message was he removed from? Also, what's your source for Feige "begging" for a re-release?

Delusion delusion everywhere. I think he is crying inside and praying for Avatar re release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nero said:

Delusion delusion everywhere. I think he is crying inside and praying for Avatar re release.

 

i'm asking because if he's referring to the #2 and #1 congrats posts on twitter, they were not made by the same account. I doubt that JC himself handles the avatar account anyway. So far it just looks like a way of coping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

 

What message was he removed from? Also, what's your source for Feige "begging" for a re-release?

In the Titanic poster he addresses Kevin and the rest of Marvel

 

Was a rumour article, can post later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

 

i'm asking because if he's referring to the #2 and #1 congrats posts on twitter, they were not made by the same account. I doubt that JC himself handles the avatar account anyway. So far it just looks like a way of coping.

Of course. He is not happy. Just look at when Titanic was surpassed by Endgame JC on his official Twitter account wrote Congratulations to Endgame but not this time. It clearly shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

In the Titanic poster he addresses Kevin and the rest of Marvel

 

Was a rumour article, can post later

 

Yes, but the titanic poster was posted by JC himself. The Avatar one was posted by the avatar account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nero said:

Of course. He is not happy. Just look at when Titanic was surpassed by Endgame JC on his official Twitter account wrote Congratulations to Endgame but not this time. It clearly shows

honestly they probably just did it this way because it would bring traffic to the Avatar account

it's still signed by him and on his profile, I wouldn't read too much into that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

someone gets it:

 

 

 

They actually did it without using the most popular comic book property ever. But if it helps you cope...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

 

They actually did it without using the most popular comic book property ever. But if it helps you cope...

it's called a "joke"

relax buddy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

it's called a "joke"

relax buddy

 

I think people give way too much credit. Yes he had 2 highest grossing movies and many successful movies and people expected that of him and still do. But the MCU which started from scratch and getting the top crown doesn't get much attention? Cameron might have made a career of what maybe 5-6 actors? MCU has made more than 40+ and is still going strong. Also how many sequels are highest grossing movies? Lot of original movies had that title. So why is it so hard for sequels to get there coz when you get so deep like 22 movies it gets very very hard to retain that audience and also get casual who aren't fanboy to watch their product... This is the hard work earned by so any people at MCU. I believe they should get more respect and credit where it is due.

  • Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think people give way too much credit. Yes he had 2 highest grossing movies and many successful movies and people expected that of him and still do. But the MCU which started from scratch and getting the top crown doesn't get much attention? Cameron might have made a career of what maybe 5-6 actors? MCU has made more than 40+ and is still going strong. Also how many sequels are highest grossing movies? Lot of original movies had that title. So why is it so hard for sequels to get there coz when you get so deep like 22 movies it gets very very hard to retain that audience and also get casual who aren't fanboy to watch their product... This is the hard work earned by so any people at MCU. I believe they should get more respect and credit where it is due.

If director X comes out and releases an ambitious blockbuster with a large budget , with a original story (no source material) which he/she wrote, casting mostly none A-list actors, then takes the entire world by storm, advances film technology in multiple fronts, while revolutionize the theatrical experience, said film then becomes the highest grossing film of all time, grossing $4.2B worldwide (raising the current worldwide record by 50%+), and then proceed to get nominated for 9 Oscars (including best Picture and best director), and - more importantly, if I really like the film; I would become a die-hard fan for life, no questions asked, the director doesn't even have to repeat this success (like Jim did).

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think people give way too much credit. Yes he had 2 highest grossing movies and many successful movies and people expected that of him and still do. But the MCU which started from scratch and getting the top crown doesn't get much attention? Cameron might have made a career of what maybe 5-6 actors? MCU has made more than 40+ and is still going strong. Also how many sequels are highest grossing movies? Lot of original movies had that title. So why is it so hard for sequels to get there coz when you get so deep like 22 movies it gets very very hard to retain that audience and also get casual who aren't fanboy to watch their product... This is the hard work earned by so any people at MCU. I believe they should get more respect and credit where it is due.

CHRIST what the hell am I reading

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

How much money do you think it will hit? 

 

Percentages in Asia, especially China, are not that favourable for distributors, compared to 

If properly marketed and the re-release is large enough, I can see $100M to $150M in China and $200M+ in Asia, potentially even more.

Question is whether Disney thinks that it would be worth it.

 

Edited by NCsoft
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

If director X comes out and releases an ambitious blockbuster with a large budget , with a original story (no source material) which he/she wrote, casting mostly none A-list actors, then takes the entire world by storm, advances film technology in multiple fronts, while revolutionize the theatrical experience, said film then becomes the highest grossing film of all time, grossing $4.2B worldwide (raising the current worldwide record by 50%+), and then proceed to get nominated for 9 Oscars (including best Picture and best director), and - more importantly, if I really like the film; I would become a die-hard fan for life, no questions asked, the director doesn't even have to repeat this success (like Jim did).

NC you're a realllllllly patient responding to that post so graciously

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

If director X comes out and releases an ambitious blockbuster with a large budget , with a original story (no source material) which he/she wrote, casting mostly none A-list actors, then takes the entire world by storm, advances film technology in multiple fronts, while revolutionize the theatrical experience, said film then becomes the highest grossing film of all time, grossing $4.2B worldwide (raising the current worldwide record by 50%+), and then proceed to get nominated for 9 Oscars (including best Picture and best director), and - more importantly, if I really like the film; I would become a die-hard fan for life, no questions asked, the director doesn't even have to repeat this success (like Jim did).

Lol you just gave justification as to what my point was. I was saying Cameron gets way too much credit even after EG passing Avatar every one including Russo brothers, Kevin feige and many more persons are still praising him. My point being MCU doesn't get that much credit. Everybody expects great things from Cameron no doubt but I think everybody who worked at Marvel should also get credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

 CHRIST what the hell am I reading

He's also comparing the entirety of MCU, which started the creation of its source material since the 1950s; to Jim's work on Titanic and Avatar. If that doesn't convey Cameron's impressiveness, I don't know what does. If anything, he doesn't get enough credits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

He's also comparing the entirety of MCU, which started the creation of its source material since the 1950s; to Jim's work on Titanic and Avatar. If that doesn't convey Cameron's impressiveness, I don't know what does. If anything, he doesn't get enough credits.

Are you kidding me? Cameron doesn't get enough credit? What do you want Nobel Peace Prize? Jesus I just literally explained as to even after the EG has passed Avatar Cameron is getting credit. My only complaint is that MCU doen't that much credit

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.