Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm still here and will be ready for Avatar 2.

remember 2.78b in 2019 isnt a big deal.

4 billies in 2021 will show you that

2.795b isn’t a big deal, even though no other movie in history has grossed it.

Here’s a hot take for you:  if Avatar 2 “only” grosses 2 billion in 2021...it is still a big deal. That’s rarefied box office air.

4 billion would destroy all records.  I’d never bet against Cameron, but that’s a heavy lift for a sequel that is one of four announced sequels releasing two years apart.  If these movies engross the public the way LOTR/Potter/MCU did, I’d imagine it’s the finale that is the best bet for breaking records.

7 minutes ago, Kjtc said:

2.795b isn’t a big deal, even though no other movie in history has grossed it.

Here’s a hot take for you:  if Avatar 2 “only” grosses 2 billion in 2021...it is still a big deal. That’s rarefied box office air.

4 billion would destroy all records.  I’d never bet against Cameron, but that’s a heavy lift for a sequel that is one of four announced sequels releasing two years apart.  If these movies engross the public the way LOTR/Potter/MCU did, I’d imagine it’s the finale that is the best bet for breaking records.

lmao you're off your rocker.

Avatar's 2.78b in 2009 is equiv to more than 4b today

Titanic's 1.8b in 1997... god only knows.. we could be talking 6b.

57 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Inflation adjusted, market expansion simulation, ER adjusted?

Anyway Titanic is the biggest movie of all time, I don't think there's even a debate about it? It sold like a bizillion tickets more than any other film

Avatar's numbers are bonkers too but that's not the point

Extrapolation and wishful thinking aren't wise methods of estimating sequel success imo.

Staying grounded, I don't see any realistic way that A2 makes less than 1.5b.

But 4b? That's literally fool's paradise.

Maybe A2 can take a jab at A:EG but in all honestly I'm doubtful about it. If the franchise builds momentum over multiple films maybe the conclusion of the series will climb to the top but that's many years away.

One thing's for sure however. The MCU is king. There's indeed a chance that an Avatar sequel will surpass Endgame but I believe the film to dethrone Endgame will be another MCU film.

Their momentum is like, insane rn. It will be years before another Avengers film comes out. And these years will be packed by MCU content and buildup. If we're 5-6 years away from an Avengers film there'll already be some nostalgia for the series by that time,

Idk, the current state of things puts the MCU in a far better position than the Avatar Franchise. Maybe this will change come 2021, maybe not. Time will tell

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Maybe Avatar 5 can get 4B when it's released 150 years from now and with the help of it's prequels as they build bigger fanbase and attract the largest goddamn casuals way more than the first movie, but Avatar making that amount in 2021 is wishful thinking and maybe delusional TBH.

• Haha 2

lmao Avatar 2 less than 2.8b reeks of desperation.

literally just says "it won't make that much because I prefer EG"

who cares if you love childrens comics in film form

Edited by IronJimbo
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Ironic, suppose it's hard to realise that in a marvel echo chamber.

sws!! marvel!!! disney!!! clowns..

LOL! What makes Avatar any better than Marvel or Star Wars?

By the way, your trolling really sticks out like a sore thumb with the rest of the Jim gang gone. Everyone has gone home and you're the kid in the school yard still trying to pick a fight while everyone else is just doing their own thing. It's actually kind of humorous to watch.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ironic, suppose it's hard to realise that in a marvel echo chamber.

sws!! marvel!!! disney!!! clowns..

Your mother must be proud that her son calls other people Clown!!!! 

• Like 1

I have a simple formula.

Ironjimbo's prediction for Alita: Battle Angel was 1B. It's final total gross was 404.9 million USD, 40.5% of his prediction.

Ironjimbo's prediction for Avatar 2 is 4B. Applying a discount of 40.5% to 4B, Avatar 2 should gross 1.62B USD WW, quite a reasonable figure to me.

Come 2021 (hopefully), 1.62B will be my prediction for Avatar 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, justvision said:

I have a simple formula.

Ironjimbo's prediction for Alita: Battle Angel was 1B. It's final total gross was 404.9 million USD, 40.5% of his prediction.

Ironjimbo's prediction for Avatar 2 is 4B. Applying a discount of 40.5% to 4B, Avatar 2 should gross 1.62B USD WW, quite a reasonable figure to me.

Come 2021 (hopefully), 1.62B will be my prediction for Avatar 2.

I've got another formula.

Jim's only sequel to his own film is Terminator2, that's over a 8x multiplier.

We could be looking at 16 billies here folks.

@JB33

You're so clever JB33. Let's hear your prediction for A2 then, it surely will be bang on.