Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

He's also comparing the entirety of MCU, which started the creation of its source material since the 1950s; to Jim's work on Titanic and Avatar. If that doesn't convey Cameron's impressiveness, I don't know what does. If anything, he doesn't get enough credits.

Also you read it wrong I said everyone knows what Cameron is capable of everybody expects great things from him and nowhere did I compare his career to MCU

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Lol you just gave justification as to what my point was. I was saying Cameron gets way too much credit even after EG passing Avatar every one including Russo brothers, Kevin feige and many more persons are still praising him. My point being MCU doesn't get that much credit. Everybody expects great things from Cameron no doubt but I think everybody who worked at Marvel should also get credit. 

MCU gets lots of credit for the passion and  work of people behind the movies, I don't know what you are talking about.

Even I who is not a big fan of superhero films  and this "Shared universe" trend, has said that The Russo's had done impressive work in Civil War, Guardians are really enjoyable movies, and Taika was a good choice for Thor Ragnarok, that was a fun film.

The thing is, MCU is the culmination of tens of thousands of peoples' work, there's 10+ different directors, numerous actors, many writers, several producers, many Disney corporate people in charge and then there's Kevin Feige, who exactly do you credit?

James Cameron is a visionary director, and it's much easier for people to acknowledge his achievement, he is the absolute focal point of all his work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

MCU gets lots of credit for the passion and  work of people behind the movies, I don't know what you are talking about.

Even I who is not a big fan of superhero films  and this "Shared universe" trend, has said that The Russo's had done impressive work in Civil War, Guardians are really enjoyable movies, and Taika was a good choice for Thor Ragnarok, that was a fun film.

The thing is, MCU is the culmination of tens of thousands of peoples' work, there's 10+ different directors, numerous actors, many writers, several producers, many Disney corporate people in charge and then there's Kevin Feige, who exactly do you credit?

James Cameron is a visionary director, and it's much easier for people to acknowledge his achievement, he is the absolute focal point of all his work.

I have read lot of news not a single one of them mentions anything about how great has MCU done? I don't think even if you will find it.

Any movie is hard work. (exept Adam Sandler comedies ?)

The pressure the people of the MCU put on themselves is nothing short of gigantic.

It is a small structure that has to deliver 2/3 films a year.

Every year since 2013.

3 gigantic films with 3000+ people in the credits with very complex VFX & stunts work.

Failure is not an option when you make a 150m/350m movie.

Failure is not an option when billions are at stake in a giant interconnected stoty line/shared universe scatered among 20+ movies.

I would say that objectively, doing a movie like The Joker is the easiest road you can take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Are you kidding me? Cameron doesn't get enough credit? What do you want Nobel Peace Prize? Jesus I just literally explained as to even after the EG has passed Avatar Cameron is getting credit. My only complaint is that MCU doen't that much credit

James Cameron's box office prowess is still not thoroughly understood and appreciated, right in this forum, there were people suggesting the Russo's brothers have surpassed Jim in box office power... People for the most part still can't fully comprehend what 1.84B and 2.78B means in 1997 and 2009 respectively.

Also, because he doesn't abide all Hollywood rules, and isn't exactly politically correct, the artsy award circle usually hates him, I know that because I am a more avid award season follower than I am a box office follower. Some feminists also hate him for whatever reason (I don't get it, he's created iconic powerful female roles), and his constant effort in delivering the environmentalism message also doesn't get enough credit.

Jim Cameron belongs to the list of GOAT directors, though many hesitate to put him in that caliber, partly due to the populism in his films, as if the ability to attract global audiences is a fault in itself. Both Titanic and Avatar were affected by this narrative, the "cool kids" loved Aliens and T2 for example, wouldn't acknowledge his biggest two achievements. 

By Cameron not getting enough credit, I mean a great many things, these are just some random examples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

James Cameron's box office prowess is still not thoroughly understood and appreciated, right in this forum, there were people suggesting the Russo's brothers have surpassed Jim in box office power... People for the most part still can't fully comprehend what 1.84B and 2.78B means in 1997 and 2009 respectively.

Also, because he doesn't abide all Hollywood rules, and isn't exactly politically correct, the artsy award circle usually hates him, I know that because I am a more avid award season follower than I am a box office follower. Some feminists also hate him for whatever reason (I don't get it, he's created iconic powerful female roles), and his constant effort in delivering the environmentalism message also doesn't get enough credit.

Jim Cameron belongs to the list of GOAT directors, though many hesitate to put him in that caliber, partly due to the populism in his films, as if the ability to attract global audiences is a fault in itself. Both Titanic and Avatar were affected by this narrative, the "cool kids" loved Aliens and T2 for example, wouldn't acknowledge his biggest two achievements. 

By Cameron not getting enough credit, I mean a great many things, these are just some random examples.

There is no such list as GOAT director lmao. How do you expect people to rank him when it doesn't exist. Also how will you rank a director? Based on his last credentials or selecting a genre movie or based on BO number or using Oscars? It's hard and I don't think it will do justice to other directors as well

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Nero said:

There is no such list as GOAT director lmao. How do you expect people to rank him when it doesn't exist. Also how will you rank a director? Based on his last credentials or selecting a genre movie or based on BO number or using Oscars? It's hard and I don't think it will do justice to other directors as well

Influence on film industry, technological and artistic innovations, box office history, film awards, followers, directors whom they inspired, quality of the films, fanfares and lasting impacts of films.. Not exactly rocket science.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

I like Cameron but GOAT????

Well, maybe if Hitchcock, David Lean, John Ford, Orson Welles, Sergai Eisentstein. Traffaut, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, and Spielberg all vanished from memory.......

And surprise, Cameron is a lot more gracious about Avatar going down then his fanboys are.

Cameron knows that nobody like a sore loser..something his fanboys seem to forget.

And the term visionary director has become meaningless.

• Like 1

Dudalb likes Cameron...

harry styles laughing GIF by Chelsea Handler

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I like Cameron but GOAT????

Well, maybe if Hitchcock, David Lean, John Ford, Orson Welles, Sergai Eisentstein. Traffaut, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, and Spielberg all vanished from memory.......

And surprise, Cameron is a lot more gracious about Avatar going down then his fanboys are.

Cameron knows that nobody like a sore loser..something his fanboys seem to forget.

And the term visionary director has become meaningless.

It's called PR - I assure you he isn't happy with the Disney's collabration with Nestle.

48 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Any movie is hard work. (exept Adam Sandler comedies ?)

....also any Uwe Boll film.

17 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Dudalb likes Cameron...

harry styles laughing GIF by Chelsea Handler

I enjoyed most of his films. I just thought that Avatar was one of his weaker efforts.

And I don't think that ANY director in history was as good as the Cameron fanboys think "Jim" is.

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

....also any Uwe Boll film.

Oh, it took some mental effort to find that tax loophole that allowed him to make a profit even if the film lost money...

Uwe was Max Bailystock in the "Producers" for real.

Notice his film empire collapsed after the German Governement saw what was going on and closed the loophole.

• Like 2

For the record, I don't think people here dislike Cameron. It's the avatar fans that most people can't stand

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I enjoyed most of his films. I just thought that Avatar was one of his weaker efforts.

And I don't think that ANY director in history was as good as the Cameron fanboys think "Jim" is.

He's literally been calling himself Jim in the public eye for years dudadadadlab, why you need to write it like that is beyond me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

For the record, I don't think people here dislike Cameron. It's the avatar fans that most people can't stand

Count me in on that. Irony is that in a lot of people's opinion Avatar is one of "Jimbo"" weakest films. Great visuals, not so great story and paper thin charecters. "Titanic" was a better movie in every way.

Just now, dudalb said:

Count me in on that. Irony is that in a lot of people's opinion Avatar is one of "Jimbo"" weakest films. Great visuals, not so great story and paper thin charecters. "Titanic" was a better movie in every way.

Totally agree with all of this. I saw Titanic 13 times in theaters and loved it every time.

Posted (edited)

Ok guys I’m going to give you guys the serious side of IronJimbo today.

Due to the Avatar thread being for Avatar I've decided to post this here.

If I have to give you a word for how I’m feeling right now it is shocked. I feel betrayed by JCS would fool even his Cameron friends – not only that he has managed to discredit us by doing something so despicable as having an alt account. From this day onward I disavow JamesCameronScholar, although he was hilarious, knocked people down a few pegs and was the one of the smartest posters on this site – it’s apparent that intelligence came with some mental health issues. JCS if you’re reading this, as you would so aptly say, seek mental help and I mean that because you are my friend.

To make ammends for my mistakes I’ve decided it was my duty as a member of this community to do some investigative work myself. I’ve managed to categorise BOT accounts into likelihood of being a JCS Alt.

possible

top candidates

could be but irrelavent so not worth investigating

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If I have to give you a word for how I’m feeling right now it is shocked. I feel betrayed by JCS would fool even his Cameron friends – not only that he has managed to discredit us by doing something so despicable as having an alt account. From this day onward I disavow JamesCameronScholar, although he was hilarious, knocked people down a few pegs and was the one of the smartest posters on this site – it’s apparent that intelligence came with some mental health issues. JCS if you’re reading this, as you would so aptly say, seek mental help and I mean that because you are my friend.

To make ammends for my mistakes I’ve decided it was my duty as a member of this community to do some investigative work myself. I’ve managed to categorise BOT accounts into likelihood of being a JCS Alt.

possible

top candidates

could be but not worth investigating

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

possible

top candidates

could be but not worth investigating

always sunny conspiracy GIF

• Haha 3