Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Ok guys I’m going to give you guys the serious side of IronJimbo today.

Due to the Avatar thread being for Avatar I've decided to post this here.

If I have to give you a word for how I’m feeling right now it is shocked. I feel betrayed by JCS would fool even his Cameron friends – not only that he has managed to discredit us by doing something so despicable as having an alt account. From this day onward I disavow JamesCameronScholar, although he was hilarious, knocked people down a few pegs and was the one of the smartest posters on this site – it’s apparent that intelligence came with some mental health issues. JCS if you’re reading this, as you would so aptly say, seek mental help and I mean that because you are my friend.

To make ammends for my mistakes I’ve decided it was my duty as a member of this community to do some investigative work myself. I’ve managed to categorise BOT accounts into likelihood of being a JCS Alt.

possible

top candidates

could be but irrelavent so not worth investigating

I’m honored Jimbo.

Edited by Rorschach

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I’m honored Jimbo.

Gracious of you, let's hope the investigation clears your name.

Endgame beating avatar and that well known gimmick poster getting banned at the same is pretty hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Gracious of you, let's hope the investigation clears your name.

I'm happy to provide my IP address and any other information. My last name is in my profile. Perhaps you can provide all the information since you already set an alt account before. I have one account but feel free to check. That would be super impressive and disturbing of JCS to creat alt accounts he argued with and chose to insult.

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'm happy to provide my IP address and any other information.

This doesn't seem like the smartest idea

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I honestly can't tell if @IronJimbo is being sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek, or if he's actually being serious.

I wish I could take you seriously Jimbo, I really do.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

To make ammends for my mistakes I’ve decided it was my duty as a member of this community to do some investigative work myself. I’ve managed to categorise BOT accounts into likelihood of being a JCS Alt.

possible

top candidates

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

2 hours ago, 75Live said:

If he's not already here as someone else

2b6fb34a-8047-4e17-b3d5-64987519657d.jpg]

THE JJ ABRAMS LEVEL PLOT TWIST TO END ALL PLOT TWISTS!!!!!!

"It was all me, James BOT.  It's always been me.  The author of all your pain."

SURPRISE!!!! 

You have to admit, that WOULD be a pretty good plot twist. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

so JCS made a second account? why is it that bad?

Just now, Alli said:

There's a lot of context you're missing. Trust me, it's pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Now I'm onto you

giphy.gif

• Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Now I'm onto you

giphy.gif

I was just going to say....haha!

You're on the watch list now @Alli.

Maybe all of the Cameron 'stans were sock puppets of one person. Anyone thought of that?

Back when I ran my own forums, there were always a few protean posters who would switch between multiple identities to troll. A couple of them worked in large offices and would use their coworkers' computers to get around banning. One person worked for the Massachusetts state government and the other for a tech company in the Midwest. They were only persuaded to stop trolling when I tracked their IPs, posted logs of their troll posts and threatened to contact their employers' internet service providers/IT departments. The racism and constant explicit bestiality references called for drastic measures.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 7
  • ...wtf 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Maybe all of the Cameron 'stans were sock puppets of one person. Anyone thought of that?

Admin of another forum hat: ON

While folks can try to mask "posting styles" for a while, overtime the "tells" rack up.  And while some folks are better at masking their "tells" more than others, sooner or later enough slips happen to be able to lay down the hammer.  IF folks are looking for various posting quirks, tics, and whatnot.  

That's setting aside various tricks that Admins such as this place may or may not have at their disposal.

Admin of another forum hat: OFF

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Back when I ran my own forums, there were always a few protean posters who would switch between multiple identities to troll. A couple of them worked in large offices and would use their coworkers' computers to get around banning. One person worked for the Massachusetts state government and the other for a tech company in the Midwest. They were only persuaded to stop trolling when I tracked their IPs, posted logs of their troll posts and threatened to contact their employers' internet service providers/IT departments. The racism and constant explicit bestiality references called for drastic measures.

Wow. That's nuts that some "adults" are that immature.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ok guys I’m going to give you guys the serious side of IronJimbo today.

Due to the Avatar thread being for Avatar I've decided to post this here.

If I have to give you a word for how I’m feeling right now it is shocked. I feel betrayed by JCS would fool even his Cameron friends – not only that he has managed to discredit us by doing something so despicable as having an alt account. From this day onward I disavow JamesCameronScholar, although he was hilarious, knocked people down a few pegs and was the one of the smartest posters on this site – it’s apparent that intelligence came with some mental health issues. JCS if you’re reading this, as you would so aptly say, seek mental help and I mean that because you are my friend.

possible

top candidates

I thought I rated more highly than a possible 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, cannastop said:

Well, I hear they're discussing if he'll be suspended or not.

And yes he did buy a gold account.

Not surprising if JCS isn't banned. Some people can do or say anything they want here and skate on by. BOT is a bit like Animal Farm in that regard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

Not surprising if JCS isn't banned. Some people can do or say anything they want here and skate on by. BOT is a bit like Animal Farm in that regard.

If some fancy London eccentric rich guy want to finance this message board creating many persona to play with like some strange murder mystery diner party, I would say let him do it (who care ?), but I would ask him to be more subtitle-better at it.

• Haha 4
  • Not Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Admin of another forum hat: ON

While folks can try to mask "posting styles" for a while, overtime the "tells" rack up.  And while some folks are better at masking their "tells" more than others, sooner or later enough slips happen to be able to lay down the hammer.  IF folks are looking for various posting quirks, tics, and whatnot.  

That's setting aside various tricks that Admins such as this place may or may not have at their disposal.

Admin of another forum hat: OFF

This is very true. It is all but impossible for a person to successfully hide all of their writing habits for a long period of time. The true style and persona always breaks through eventually, no matter how hard they try to disguise themselves. That is why most people who create alt accounts resort to using bad grammar and/or pretend that English is their second language. It seems like perfect cover to the troll, particularly if they are good writers. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Well they don't know how long he's going to be gone. Right now he can't post anything, so there's that.