Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I don’t know about everyone else, but after yesterday and today, I think it’s fair to say that the Marvel fandom has its fair share of...interesting people. 

Edit: By the way, this isn’t meant to be taken seriously.

Edited by WittyUsername

Sony has been the laughing stock studio for awhile now.

this is the studio thats been bringing you such quality hits as The Amazing Spider-man, The Dark Tower, The Emoji Movie, Ghostbusters 2016, Pixels, Men In Black International, etc.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m really impatient for that Joker movie to get here. Part of that is because I’m genuinely interested in seeing it, and another part is because I want to see if my club turns out being right. Mostly though, I want the conversation to move away from Marvel for a change. 

22 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

Well at some point then, Sony sold the merchandising back in 2011. They got into this deal hoping they'd get their shit together with this IP and make sure it's bankable enough to keep holding on to it (even put in place penalty safe guards if they with Marvel didn't gross a certain amount). 

They managed to make the IP bankable :Venom: + award-winning without Marvel. 

So, what's Sony's financial incentive for Disney wanting a bigger cut when they could have continued w/e deal they currently had in place? 

Sony never had the merchandising rights to Spiderman.That always belonged to Marvel. THey did pay Sony a share of the profits from the Spidey merchanside that releated to the Sony Movies.

Same deal with Fox and the X men.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Avatree said:

LOL, Planet of the Apes pretending to be serious, how dumb is that! Its just movies about monkeys fighting each other 😂🙂🙂

Actualy the original 1968 film was full of satire and social comment.....not to mention the famous ending.

6 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

Look people! Definiton of average...

Proof: mentioning Venom and ITSV in the same sentence

TTVOMJ

Hey' its' this website's biggest MCU hater, what do you expect?

He's basically a Zack Snyder fanboy who blames Marvel Studios for Snyder not being proclaimed he greatest cinematic genius of all time for BvS. he is a big believer in the "Disney busy the critics" conspiracy crap.

38 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

this is the studio thats been bringing you such quality hits as The Amazing Spider-man, The Dark Tower, The Emoji Movie, Ghostbusters 2016, Pixels, Men In Black International, etc.

And managed to lose the James Bond Franchise,one of the most lucrative, when you adjust for inflation,k in film history.

Only thing the keeps SONY from being proclaimed the worst ran studio in Hollywood is Paramount . They have a close competition going for that position.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Actualy the original 1968 film was full of satire and social comment.....not to mention the famous ending.

And the Matt Reeves movies were just boring slogs with no personality. I’m pretty sure WB only chose him because they were desperate to get the Batman movie off the ground after Affleck dropped out. His movies aren’t even crowd pleasers. 

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And managed to lose the James Bond Franchise,one of the most lucrative,

Not for them, the 2 Grown ups film franchise made them about the same money than the 3 Bond movie made in the last 12 year's.

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m really impatient for that Joker movie to get here. Part of that is because I’m genuinely interested in seeing it, and another part is because I want to see if my club turns out being right. Mostly though, I want the conversation to move away from Marvel for a change. 

Yeah. Can't wait for the wannabe film nerds to accuse any critics of this movie of not being smart enough to understand it. And of course it's gonna be interesting to see what word or pejorative ends up being the most overused. Woke vs incel vs sjw?? Lots of fun and enlightening discourse ahead, I'm sure! 

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

And the Matt Reeves movies were just boring slogs with no personality. I’m pretty sure WB only chose him because they were desperate to get the Batman movie off the ground after Affleck dropped out. His movies aren’t even crowd pleasers. 

I enjoyed the first Reeves Ape film for what it was..an action movie, did not like the first.

Of course I think the Apes franchise has not had much success in the 21st Century with the Burton misfire, and the semi success of the reboot.

I am willing to give the guy a chance though. I don't think he is the Genius some are proclaiming him as, but don't think he is as bad as some people do.

2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Yeah. Can't wait for the wannabe film nerds to accuse any critics of this movie of not being smart enough to understand it. And of course it's gonna be interesting to see what word or pejorative ends up being the most overused. Woke vs incel vs sjw?? Lots of fun and enlightening discourse ahead, I'm sure! 

I for one am not expecting the movie to have a high CinemaScore rating. It definitely doesn’t look like the kind of movie that you would go see to get your blockbuster fix, and that’s fine by me. I’m interested in seeing it because of how different it seems to be from all the other CBMs out there. I like CBMs fine, but I want to see them branch out and be more experimental.

Besides, it’s painfully clear at this point that DC has no chance of beating Marvel at their own game, so why not do something completely different? They’re better off leaving the shared universe model to Kevin Feige, especially since he’s pretty much the only one who has been able to make it work.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I mean Venom was a hit and Spider-Verse won a freakin' Oscar and was widely praised. I think they gained some credibility with the IP which is why they aren't giving in so easily to Disney

Edited by Alexdube

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Sony never had the merchandising rights to Spiderman.That always belonged to Marvel. THey did pay Sony a share of the profits from the Spidey merchanside that releated to the Sony Movies.

Same deal with Fox and the X men.

Those Forbes/comicbook.com reports never specified. I know for sure Fox only had tie-in merchandising.

Legit question, how much do those particular rights cost in full?

The only scenario that would make sense in a 50/50 split is if Sony got back a significant portion, so they can chug on til' their pockets content on making how ever many Spidey flicks just to exponentially boost sales for everybody.

Edited by 2kt09

Making this post in the appropriate thread. 

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

8l32f02yrvh31.jpg

LMAO, this is literally Snyder cut all over again.

2 hours ago, Dbui8743 said:

Well, people wanting to see Snyder cut atleast makes sense.

People blaming sony just because they are not getting to see SM in MCU is crazy.

Well there is one important difference. Spider-Man in the MCU actually exists whereas the Snyder cut doesn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:44 AM, cax16 said:

Don’t worry guys, I found the solution to Sony’s problem.

I just wanna add that I actually like Snyder but his hardcore fans are really insane. 

I feel the same way about CHristophere Nolan.