Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

You mean the same formula that WB tried to desperately replicate and failed? They are throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. And there is no salt in my post. Joker's praise doesn't bother me. Marvel has more praised movies like eg. Best Picture Nominated Black Panther. 

Better to throw different variety of stuff at the wall than make the same kind of Funnybook , cgi armies, blue sky beam movie over and over again.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My guess is it does ok box office wise but nowhere near the insane critical acclaim that it warrants. Another movie made for critics, curious to see how the fans respond. I think I will see it in theaters without the wife. Screams not a date movie.

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

Holy fuck are MCU/Disney fans fuming over this film.

Music to my ears.

Which is fine because I'm fuming about the success of Disney/Marvel. 

It's because every year DC fans claim XYZ new movie is a cinema-defining masterpiece and are insufferable enough as is without critics saying so as well. See: the endless Snyder cut horseshit. DC superstans finally got a much needed humbling with Justice League but now they're back on their bullshit again.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

Music to my ears.

It’s not going to gross Captain Marvel numbers, forget about Avengers: Endgame numbers. So, even if someone wanted to get mad about this movie (and I can’t imagine why anyone would), there is no logical reason to fume about this film.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

It’s not going to gross Captain Marvel numbers, forget about Avengers: Endgame numbers. So, even if someone wanted to get mad about this movie (and I can’t imagine why anyone would), there is no logical reason to fume about this film.

I doubt it does Thor 3 numbers either. Maybe DS numbers. Even then not sure.

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I doubt it does Thor 3 numbers either. Maybe DS numbers. Even then not sure.

It will be good for that indie movie to gross more than our tiny Ant Man and The Wasp.... Bah gawd

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Better to throw different variety of stuff at the wall than make the same kind of Funnybook , cgi armies, blue sky beam movie over and over again.... 

Of course its better to throw them everything cause they need to know what stocks isn't it? Else movies will flop like Justice League...  Oh and by the way WB is trying to make to hardcore indie movie  with no CGI. Next wonder woman movie will have fight on roadside and in parking lot... No CG nothing... . It would be glorious right. WWE style. 

2 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Music to my ears.

I don't understand why will every MCU fan will fume over this movie? Whats so great about this movie that MCU hasn't achieved yet. Endgame is highest grossing movie of all time. Black Panther got 3 Oscars and it's highest rated superhero movie yet. Joker won't be even touching what half of recent MCU movie have done. Although I think getting good reception is good for DC movies and is step in right direction unlike MCU movies which have been consistently good aa well as BO smash

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't understand why will every MCU fan will fume over this movie? Whats so great about this movie that MCU hasn't achieved yet. Endgame is highest grossing movie of all time. Black Panther got 3 Oscars and it's highest rated superhero movie yet. Joker won't be even touching what half of recent MCU movie have done. Although I think getting good reception is good for DC movies and is step in right direction unlike MCU movies which have been consistently good aa well as BO smash

It's not because of the movies success it's because we know the fandom for it will be absolutely insufferable like with nearly every DC movie for the past 11 years. After Nolan every DC fan pitches each next one as "the biggest game changer of the decade" because of Dark Knight. It's why their narrative around Snyder is so intense as though him leaving JL has been the greatest crime against cinema.

12 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Music to my ears.

They are still having melt downs over the Spiderman movie rights thing...They are recovering. Let them have their meltdowns over Joker and hopefully Birds of Prey in peace.

I hope EG wins all the Oscars and  Black Widow makes 2 billion, so that they can cheer up a bit.:sparta:

1 hour ago, Hades said:

They are still having melt downs over the Spiderman movie rights thing...They are recovering. Let them have their meltdowns over Joker and hopefully Birds of Prey in peace.

I hope EG wins all the Oscars and  Black Widow makes 2 billion, so that they can cheer up a bit.:sparta:

Lol at making fun of the Spider-Man thing when DC fans have been doing the Snyder cut conspiracy shit for TWO WHOLE YEARS non stop. They haven't STOPPED shitting their diapers over that one. Now they've even expanded to Suicide Squad (which already had the extended cut released) and to Dark Phoenix (which they claim Disney reshot despite Disney not owning the movie till after they already reshot it).

Also oh look violent 8chan crew are already harassing people over Joker, what a shock that nobody saw coming.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Astonished 1

15 hours ago, Hades said:

Better according to who exactly? Warner.Bros would have never made the Joker movie had they succeeded like the MCU.  Let's not pretend that they wouldn't abandon everything for that kind of success. Also if you think all the MCU movies are the same then that's your problem. 

Edited by HeadShot

11 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not because of the movies success it's because we know the fandom for it will be absolutely insufferable like with nearly every DC movie for the past 11 years. After Nolan every DC fan pitches each next one as "the biggest game changer of the decade" because of Dark Knight. It's why their narrative around Snyder is so intense as though him leaving JL has been the greatest crime against cinema.

The Nolan movies haven't had much impact other than ruining the DCEU . Warner. Bros was trying to copy that concept and apply it to every DC character. This type of storytelling doesn't work for characters such as Superman etc. MCU has been far more impactful with every studio trying to copy their concept. The DC fans can remain delusional lol.