Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Pretty clear no one from Marvel told her this. Perhaps her agent or someone else close to her who she should have fired. Not that I would want to see her in a Marvel movie or any movie I would want to watch because that would be a big no. I don't get the appeal of her as an actress at all. 

The appeal is that she's a great actress. Probably a better actor than more than half the actors in the MCU

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Not surprising, considering it's the same company that donated millions to the Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign, and forced the director of Iron Man 3 to reduce Rebecca Hall's character from main villain to a glorified cameo just because of her gender.

And the guy who did that got kicked out of overseeing Marvel. Before Perlmutter Marvel isn't the same as after so please try again with your trolling.

Well it is true that the MCU was more overtly sexualized before Disney took Over

Strippers in Iron Man 1

Iron Man shown sleeping around in Iron Man 1

Black Widow in Iron Man 2 and Avengers 

Edited by Lordmandeep

17 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well it is true that the MCU was more overtly sexualized before Disney took Over

Strippers in Iron Man 1

Iron Man shown sleeping around in Iron Man 1

Black Widow in Iron Man 2 and Avengers 

Didn’t Thor Ragnarok mention something about orgies?

13 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

MCU Classics

Avengers(2012)/Infinity War/Endgame

I still find it funny that last year people were arguing with me that infinity War wasn’t a “part 1 film”. 

Endgame comes out and proves IW was undeniably a part 1 film. Everyone’s been quiet on that argument since lol. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I still find it funny that last year people were arguing with me that infinity War wasn’t a “part 1 film”. 

Endgame comes out and proves IW was undeniably a part 1 film. Everyone’s been quiet on that argument since lol. 

It wasn’t. People have been quiet on that front since it’s a stupid argument and the movie already came out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or the implication Ben Kingsley had a threesome in Iron Man 3 lmao.

Tbf that was still the Perlmutter era.    

I don’t actually think there’s a connection between more sex related stuff and that era, but IM3 would be a point in its favor rather than against.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Not surprising, considering it's the same company that donated millions to the Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign, and forced the director of Iron Man 3 to reduce Rebecca Hall's character from main villain to a glorified cameo just because of her gender.

Not surprising that you didn't even read the article.... She was told by someone else and not by Marvel per se... If that was the case next year's Eternal movie wouldn't have Married gay character with family as protagonist... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Not when the MCU is on it's way to become the most inclusive franchise in history lmao. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

IW is as much of a part 1 as Empire Strikes Back was a part 1. Not really a part 1. It just ends with the antagonist winning.

I think some people misconstrue IW as a part 1 because at one time it was going to be re-labeled as a part 1 because of other films like Harry Potter going that route. However, the failure of Mockingjay being split into 2 ended that plan. The ironic part is that before the part 1 & 2 fad, IW and Endgame were envisioned as 2 separate movies. Most people didn’t know the orignal plans, so they mistakenly think it was always meant to be a part 1, and was changed because of Mockingjay. But the reality is it was changed back to its original plans of not being a part 1.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

IW is as much of a part 1 as Empire Strikes Back was a part 1. Not really a part 1. It just ends with the antagonist winning.

I think some people misconstrue IW as a part 1 because at one time it was going to be re-labeled as a part 1 because of other films like Harry Potter going that route. However, the failure of Mockingjay being split into 2 ended that plan. The ironic part is that before the part 1 & 2 fad, IW and Endgame were envisioned as 2 separate movies. Most people didn’t know the orignal plans, so they mistakenly think it was always meant to be a part 1, and was changed because of Mockingjay. But the reality is it was changed back to its original plans of not being a part 1.

It's true. I mean the movie literally has a 5 year time jump LOL. For sure not a part one. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Not surprising that you didn't even read the article.... She was told by someone else and not by Marvel per se... If that was the case next year's Eternal movie wouldn't have Married gay character with family as protagonist... 

Do not underestimate how fast people view changed about this subject, just 5-6 year,s ago it was quite different, not so long ago Sony licensing of Spider Man made it clear in the contract it could not be portrayed has anything else than a Caucasian heterosexual male, I doubt this is the case in the latest updated one.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

The ironic part is that before the part 1 & 2 fad, IW and Endgame were envisioned as 2 separate movies. Most people didn’t know the orignal plans, so they mistakenly think it was always meant to be a part 1

Yet they are both filled into Avengers 3:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10068015

So the movie Part 1-2 filmed in one big chunk is officially announced in 2014, before Age of Ultron is released and before writers/director are hired, there was an older plan that than for which that was not the case that fair enough, but why it would have more "value" than the more updated plan ?

The fact that Marvel Studios started being somewhat inclusive after it started being cool and profitable for companies doesn't erase what they have done in the past. Of course, their "change of heart" has to be celebrated and encouraged, no matter the financial motives behind it. But let's not pretend their first 10 years haven't been questionable in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The fact that Marvel Studios started being somewhat inclusive after it started being cool and profitable for companies doesn't erase what they have done in the past. Of course, their "change of heart" has to be celebrated and encouraged, no matter the financial motives behind it. But let's not pretend their first 10 years haven't been questionable in that regard.

Can’t a lot of their lack of inclusiveness in the past be blamed on Ike Perlmutter?