Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

As much as I liked to believe at the time that BvS had a lot of hype behind it, I sadly don’t think that was the case in hindsight. Maybe it was because of how divisive Man of Steel was, but people seemed pretty apprehensive about the film from the moment it was announced. That’s not to say there was zero hype for it, but it wasn’t all across the board like it was for The Force Awakens or Endgame. With the exception of the Comic Con trailer, the marketing was pretty divisive, as were the casting choices. 

There was never any chance that it would score the highest OW of all time. I don’t even think it would’ve crossed $200 million on OW. Sure, it had a higher opening day than something like The Avengers, but that’s because it had Thursday night previews and Good Friday going for it. 

The hype for BvS was real. People had been talking about Batman and Superman in the same movie since the 90s. Its OW was inpressive, even if it wasn’t record breaking. The problem is that the movie wasn’t very good, which hurt the domestic gross. Although you are right that Man of Steel didn’t help BvS out at all.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Which goes to show the sad state of comic books today. 

It funny how she gets support, even though it's obvious that she's a lying psycho. After Holowka's suicide, someone pointed out that her tweets during the period she claimed she was abused by him pretty much prove she was lying about most of the alleged abuse. It's a shame what this industry has come into.

How many times are we gonna go through this lmao?

52 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

How many times are we gonna go through this lmao?

Only thing people supporting Zoe have gone through is denial. You could not convince me she's not a shitty person, and her being involved with something I love, after her involvement in gaming brought the shit storm of the century is just something I don't have to like. 

15 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Only thing people supporting Zoe have gone through is denial. You could not convince me she's not a shitty person, and her being involved with something I love, after her involvement in gaming brought the shit storm of the century is just something I don't have to like. 

The shit storm of the century was brought by her shitty ex-boyfriend and bunch of radicalised nerds. But yeah, Quinn's the liar.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

The hype for BvS was real. People had been talking about Batman and Superman in the same movie since the 90s. Its OW was inpressive, even if it wasn’t record breaking. The problem is that the movie wasn’t very good, which hurt the domestic gross. Although you are right that Man of Steel didn’t help BvS out at all.

It barely made more on OW than the Nolan Batman films, despite having 3D tickets and Thursday night previews. I’d hardly call that impressive. 

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It barely made more on OW than the Nolan Batman films, despite having 3D tickets and Thursday night previews. I’d hardly call that impressive. 

That's because of bad WoM. I would say the OD was more impressive than anything.

Edited by lorddemaxus

53 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The shit storm of the century was brought by her shitty ex-boyfriend and bunch of radicalised nerds. But yeah, Quinn's the liar.

How's that? She DID sleep with reviewers to get better reviews for her game, she DID fake harassment from some nerd community, she DID admit to be an active member of a forum that doxxed and harassed people, she DID try to shut down Candace Owens' anti-bullying platform because she was afraid it would unveil her shittiness, and she DID scam people out of 90k on a funding platform. I don't know how deep into social justice you are, but this does make her a liar, yes.

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

How's that? She DID sleep with reviewers to get better reviews for her game, she DID fake harassment from some nerd community, she DID admit to be an active member of a forum that doxxed and harassed people, she DID try to shut down Candace Owens' anti-bullying platform because she was afraid it would unveil her shittiness, and she DID scam people out of 90k on a funding platform. I don't know how deep into social justice you are, but this does make her a liar, yes.

Is there proof that she slept with people to get better reviews? 

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I was impressed by the number of replies in the Avatar 2 thread and went to check the most replied threads. Since they're split in several forums, it's hard for me to check, but was the BVS thread the biggest of all time, with over 54,000 replies?

Damn that's a lot, that movie is truly iconic and a modern classic.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/9728-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-extended-edition-now-available-on-video/

Modern Classic?!  🤣

Yeah, classic in the way Plan 9 from Outer Space is "classic". They are both classically bad.

5 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

She DID sleep with reviewers to get better reviews for her game,

Source ?

Looking at it, the one journalist she was involved with never reviewed any of her games.

That became sleeping with reviewers with an s for better reviewof her game ? I cannot find good review of that game to begin with.

From what I understand the scandal is born of a guy that had Quinn has a source in 3 articles:

https://archive.fo/tUlkm

https://archive.is/NeJis

http://archive.is/WtK25

And they became a couple after or during that process, people suspected they become friend during said process and without being a couple if they started to hang out it was not disclosed.

5 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

she DID fake harassment from some nerd community

I mean maybe ? But how one would know that ?

I was going to post this over on the Joker forum, but I’m kind of worried that I might get in trouble for it over there, so just to be safe, I’ll be posting it here.

Anyway, the discourse surrounding the movie has officially ruined my excitement for it. I thought the discourse surrounding Captain Marvel was annoying, but this Joker stuff is worse. At least in the case of CM, you could sort of laugh at the people who kept obsessing over Brie Larson. With Joker, it seems like critics and bloggers are actively promoting toxic discussions with all their talk about incels and deranged white men.

I’m by no means the kind of person who identifies with the right, but what in God’s name do these “critics” think they’re accomplishing with this stuff? All they’re doing is drumming up backlash for themselves, and support from the alt-right crowd for a movie that many of them probably wouldn’t have otherwise cared about. And for God’s sake, can we please stop suggesting that the movie might inspire violence? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I was going to post this over on the Joker forum, but I’m kind of worried that I might get in trouble for it over there, so just to be safe, I’ll be posting it here.

Anyway, the discourse surrounding the movie has officially ruined my excitement for it. I thought the discourse surrounding Captain Marvel was annoying, but this Joker stuff is worse. At least in the case of CM, you could sort of laugh at the people who kept obsessing over Brie Larson. With Joker, it seems like critics and bloggers are actively promoting toxic discussions with all their talk about incels and deranged white men.

I’m by no means the kind of person who identifies with the right, but what in God’s name do these “critics” think they’re accomplishing with this stuff? All they’re doing is drumming up backlash for themselves, and support from the alt-right crowd for a movie that many of them probably wouldn’t have otherwise cared about. And for God’s sake, can we please stop suggesting that the movie might inspire violence? 

Someone once said a problem with film critics is a lot of them really want to be a writer on politics, and they use their film reviews to try to achieve that end,and force political discussion in a review of a film that really has no political message whatsoever.

This is nothing new.

ANd the might inspire violence crap is nothing new. Back in 1971, you had that fuss with Kubrick's "Clockwork Orange".

And you had it with Taxi Driver, come to think of it.

• Like 2

I'm so confused by this idea that critics are injecting politics into Joker when the movie itself has a political narrative or at the very least, invites political discourse. Todd Phillips obviously wanted to make a statement with this movie and even many of the fans were excited about it exactly because this wasn't another "forgettable" cbm. Joker is supposedly more than that...more serious, more adult, real ART! And yet, it seems like many of these same fans want critics to treat this like a "popcorn movie"... just turn off their brains and enjoy. Hilarious. 

Most of the negative reviews I've seen, by the way, do mention valid criticisms (lack of originality/irony, weak script, not going far enough). So it isn't all politics or suggesting that the movie will inspire violence. 

• Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'm so confused by this idea that critics are injecting politics into Joker when the movie itself has a political narrative or at the very least, invites political discourse. Todd Phillips obviously wanted to make a statement with this movie and even many of the fans were excited about it exactly because this wasn't another "forgettable" cbm. Joker is supposedly more than that...more serious, more adult, real ART! And yet, it seems like many of these same fans want critics to treat this like a "popcorn movie"... just turn off their brains and enjoy. Hilarious. 

Most of the negative reviews I've seen, by the way, do mention valid criticisms (lack of originality/irony, weak script, not going far enough). So it isn't all politics or suggesting that the movie will inspire violence. 

These critics seem to think it’s a film that promotes incel culture and white supremacy. I may not have seen the movie, but I know for a fact that’s bullshit. Entertainment Weekly specifically acknowledged that they couldn’t rate the movie objectively, which is why they didn’t even give it an actual rating. Then you have reviews that say things like this

There's nothing in Joker to remind us that what he thinks is wrong. The movie isn't badly made or even ugly to look at, but there's a mean, smug little heart at the center of it that, at best, irresponsibly frames a familiar male power fantasy as a revolutionary act. And that's not funny at all.

Almost all negative reviews are politics/agenda driven (besides 3-4 reviews), even some positive reviews have lower mark because of politics. When they try to critisize the movie itself to justify those dumbass articles most of their complaints are completely nonsensical and super dumb because it ultimately comes down to politics/agenda, they even try to lie about some stuff. And judging by all those fallouts it's going far enough if they react that way, they are so dumb they don't even realize it.

Taxi Driver would have gotten 20-30% on RT if it had been released today, no doubt.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Problem is some critics are not so much reviewing the film but using it as soap box for their own political agenda. Of course the film has some political and social commentary.and it's legit to discuss that......but to say it's promoting racism and will cause violence is pretty stupid.

Of course you have already said you have no interest in seeing this film, so why the hell does it matter so much to you?

48 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Almost all negative reviews are politics/agenda driven (besides 3-4 reviews), even some positive reviews have lower mark because of politics. When they try to critisize the movie itself to justify those dumbass articles most of their complaints are completely nonsensical and super dumb because it ultimately comes down to politics/agenda, they even try to lie about some stuff. And judging by all those fallouts it's going far enough if they react that way, they are so dumb they don't even realize it.

Taxi Driver would have gotten 20-30% on RT if it had been released today, no doubt.

Bullshit. Qutie a few reviews criticize the Joker on aritistic grounds. You might not agree with them, but to say almost all negative reviews are politically driven is just not the case.

And yeah , everything I have read, including almost all the favorable reviews say the film is trying to make some political and social points. problem comes with critics who are trying to read stuff into the film that just is not there.

Yet another "HOW DARE ANYBODY NOT LIKE WHAT I LIKE!" rant.

This whole hatred of anybody who does not blindly praise something is one of the most annoying habits fanboys seem to be fallint into.

Edited by dudalb
  • ...wtf 1