Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I apologize that I’m once again bringing up the controversy surrounding Joker, but seeing how well Hustlers is doing both critically and financially has made me once again shake my head in frustration. So, Joker is a film that promotes intel culture and troubled white men, eh? If that’s the case, then shouldn’t Hustlers also be seen as problematic? That film is literally about strippers who drug and rob unsuspecting men, which is a blatantly criminal thing to do, and one of the actresses in the movie has actually done such things in real life.

I’m not saying Hustlers is a bad film, but if Joker is getting crapped on for its supposedly problematic narrative, then why is Hustlers being praised as an example of female empowerment? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

I can’t hear your laughter from the top of the box office. Sounds more like tears to me. Maybe watching the number 1 grossing movie of all-time, Avengers: Endgame,  will cheer you up.

Damn my body is shaking from this response. My testicles are hard.

Honestly this response is the most vanilla comment ever. What are you 70? Do better grandpa. If you're gonna name yourself after a Nazi, bring that same heat.

9 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

Looks like you are. Need a tissue? *passes tissue*. It'll get better raul.

Edited by The Chad DC
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I apologize that I’m once again bringing up the controversy surrounding Joker, but seeing how well Hustlers is doing both critically and financially has made me once again shake my head in frustration. So, Joker is a film that promotes intel culture and troubled white men, eh? If that’s the case, then shouldn’t Hustlers also be seen as problematic? That film is literally about strippers who drug and rob unsuspecting men, which is a blatantly criminal thing to do, and one of the actresses in the movie has actually done such things in real life.

I’m not saying Hustlers is a bad film, but if Joker is getting crapped on for its supposedly problematic narrative, then why is Hustlers being praised as an example of female empowerment? 

Last time I made fun of incels I got banned from the Joker thread, so I got nothing

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Probably because we live in a society... 🤡😂

Honestly though be careful insulting incels or discussing them around here, lots of the long time posters here seem to take it not so well >.>

• Like 1

I guess there's a difference between robbing (mostly bad) rich people in a selfish robin hoodesque sort of way, and murdering folks because woe is me. Not sure I'd call empowerment the point of Hustlers, though. Maybe early on, but can't really talk about it in this thread since it'd be spoilers.

4 minutes ago, Panda said:

Probably because we live in a society... 🤡😂

Honestly though be careful insulting incels or discussing them around here, lots of the long time posters here seem to take it not so well >.>

The crazy thing about Hustlers is like we are we trying to legitimatize stripping? So 19 year old girls can feel empowered while they strip to pay their tuition?

I know "we live in a society" is a meme, but honestly we've come to the point where people think we should empower stipprers rather than recognizing the job is a product of class and social inequality. What female or male would realistically ever want to be a stripper if there were legitimate opportunities of econmic stability?

Sorry for the politics.

1 minute ago, The Chad DC said:

I know "we live in a society" is a meme, but honestly we've come to the point where people think we should empower stipprers rather than recognizing the job is a product of class and social inequality. What female or male would realistically ever want to be a stripper if there were legitimate opportunities of econmic stability?

Sorry for the politics.

That's in the movie.

Thinking about it a second, I'd say the empowerment in Hustlers is the friendship between the leads, not the robbing. The robbing came later, and had major repercussions on their friendship. That's about as far into detail as I can go, though, without getting into spoilers.

2 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I guess there's a difference between robbing (mostly bad) rich people in a selfish robin hoodesque sort of way, and murdering folks because woe is me. Not sure I'd call empowerment the point of Hustlers, though. Maybe early on, but can't really talk about it in this thread since it'd be spoilers.

Yet by all legitimate accounts, Joker never tells the viewer to sympathize or feel sorry for Joker. The movie wants you to condemn his increasing violent behaviour.

Anarchy isn't the point of Joker. Showing the consequences, albeit radical, of society's callousness is the point. Ironically, negative reviewers have overlooked this point and...just treated the movie with total... callous🤔.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t want to discuss this any further after this post as it’s just not worth my time, But what I will say is my wife brought up the exact same point to me the other day, it wasn’t even something we discussed before as Hustlers was never even on our radar to see but I guess she read up about it etc.

So I’m sure there’s plenty of people that agree with you but as I said to her, it’s just not worth discussing online as it always turns nasty. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

No one is saying that Hustlers is female empowerment lol. It's a dramafilm based on a real story. No one actually thinks what they are doing is RIGHT. 

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

Damn my body is shaking from this response. My testicles are hard.

Honestly this response is the most vanilla comment ever. What are you 70? Do better grandpa. If you're gonna name yourself after a Nazi, bring that same heat.

Looks like you are. Need a tissue? *passes tissue*. It'll get better raul.

You sound so bitter and angry. Today is a great day. The number 1 grossing movie of all-time today is Avengers: Endgame.  Now go back under your troll bridge and cry some more. You can check back tomorrow to see if Avengers: Endgame is still the champ.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

You sound so bitter and angry. Today is a great day. The number 1 grossing movie of all-time today is Avengers: Endgame.  Now go back under your troll bridge and cry some more. You can check back tomorrow to see if Avengers: Endgame is still the champ.

Again with the vanilla comments. If you gonna come at me, do better. Cant waste my time with your grandpa rants.

Get off endgame's dick and bring some heat brotha. Otherwise shut the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up.