Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

32 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The user name, avatar used could have been clues.

I mean it’s a clear sign I like Disney, which is true. They do make a lot of movies that I like, and it’s fun to see those movies win the popularity contest that is box office. But I just follow box office for fun. I don’t worship Disney. When Wonder Woman was the highest grossing superhero film at the domestic box office for 2017, I didn’t lose an ounce of sleep nor did I start any flame wars with DC fans who were celebrating its success. 

Edited by Walt Disney

2 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

I assume that Black panther is enriched in african American culture and a symbol of black empowerment.

I don't see how this comparison works myself, but ororo has a bias against Joker some reason (even though she hasn't watched it🤣).

We’re not talking about Black Panther, we’re talking about Hustlers. 

9 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I apologize that I’m once again bringing up the controversy surrounding Joker, but seeing how well Hustlers is doing both critically and financially has made me once again shake my head in frustration. So, Joker is a film that promotes intel culture and troubled white men, eh? If that’s the case, then shouldn’t Hustlers also be seen as problematic? That film is literally about strippers who drug and rob unsuspecting men, which is a blatantly criminal thing to do, and one of the actresses in the movie has actually done such things in real life.

I’m not saying Hustlers is a bad film, but if Joker is getting crapped on for its supposedly problematic narrative, then why is Hustlers being praised as an example of female empowerment? 

Its a movie about brown women taking their clothes off in order to scam/take down rich people or something.  Of course thats gonna put twitter in slay kween mode.

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Last time I made fun of incels I got banned from the Joker thread, so I got nothing

Don't feel bad, I got a warning point for making an incel joke and had my post [censored]. 

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

Why would you think I worship Disney? You don’t even know me. You’re the one calling me “grandpa” and threatening violence. I was just correctly pointing out  that Disney is the one who will either re-release Avatar or they won’t. Getting a life is an appropriate response to some random dude who is making crazy assumptions and trying to insult me and failing miserably. 

If Cameron asks for something it's not like Disney will just say "NO". They both have an interest in maintaining a good business relationship with each other.  Cameron can't just leave Disney and Disney cannot just fire Cameron without them both suffering heavy loses, Sure with the current arrangement Disney makes the call, but it's not like Cameron doesn't have any weight in this kind of decision, he owns the IP after all and ideally you want to keep happy someone who's handling a boatload of your cash. I think some of you like to fantasize that Disney is holding Cameron on a leash like a dog, but I don't think that's exactly how it works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

Why would you think I worship Disney? You don’t even know me. You’re the one calling me “grandpa” and threatening violence. I was just correctly pointing out  that Disney is the one who will either re-release Avatar or they won’t. Getting a life is an appropriate response to some random dude who is making crazy assumptions and trying to insult me and failing miserably. 

Thinks watching endgame is productive.

Champions the movie's box office like a fanboy.

Calls himself Walt Disney.

But no you don't worship disney.

You need to stop getting defense and changing the narrative. Threatening violence lmao. I thought I was just an internet tough guy? Now you're threatned? How would I smack you through the internet, didn't you say this?

I don't need to insult you, everytime you reply you do it on your own.

Good day my man. Think about my advice.

Edited by The Chad DC

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I can't speak on specifics since I haven't seen the movie or read any reviews. But you've pointed out one of the big reasons why people aren't objecting to Hustlers. It's essentially a heist movie, one of the few which centers women of color. That in itself makes comparisons to Joker far less compelling.

And even if this one gives its protagonists the moral high ground, it still doesn't carry the same weight or perceptions as Joker. The latter hits on a very big issue and for some, doesn't do enough to subvert its very real narrative. 

Good joke. 

Key word some. You are basing your entire argument on the back of reviewers who do not have an objective review of the movie.

I agree that the Joker deals with difficult and sensitive matter, but by most legitimate accounts, they handle it well. I think we can put this discussion away and discuss it when we all watch the movie. Otherwise we are just quoting reviewers who may or may not be right!

• ...wtf 1

30 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Thinks watching endgame is productive.

Champions the movie's box office like a fanboy.

Calls himself Walt Disney.

But no you don't worship disney.

You need to stop getting defense and changing the narrative. Threatening violence lmao. I thought I was just an internet tough guy? Now you're threatned? How would I smack you through the internet, didn't you say this?

I don't need to insult you, everytime you reply you do it on your own.

Good day my man. Think about my advice.

Yeah, we can’t all have “adult” handles like The Chad DC, now can we? You don’t understand what a username is, so that’s a problem.

You don’t know what a threat is, which makes you pretty ignorant of the law. That’s a problem. It completely went over your head that when I told you to watch Avengers: Endgame that I wasn’t being serious; I was just ribbing you.  So that’s a problem too. You aren’t man enough to admit you insulted me when I called you out on it (even though anyone can read what you wrote) so that’s an issue too.

You seem to be a guy who doesn’t know a lot and doesn’t understand a lot. My advice: don’t give anyone else advice. People like you are the ones that need advice. Think about my advice.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Yeah, we can’t all have “adult” handles like The Chad DC, now can we? You don’t understand what a username is, so that’s a problem.

You don’t know what a threat is, which makes you pretty ignorant of the law. That’s a problem. It completely went over your head that when I told you to watch Avengers: Endgame that I wasn’t being serious; I was just ribbing you.  So that’s a problem too. You aren’t man enough to admit you insulted me when I called you out on it (even though anyone can read what you wrote) so that’s an issue too.

You seem to be a guy who doesn’t know a lot and doesn’t understand a lot. My advice: don’t give anyone else advice. People like you are the ones that need advice. Think about my advice.

😎

30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

wait what i thought the Cameron stans all ragequit when Avatar got Thanos snapped?  admittedly haven't checked that on the lot thread in awhile

just like in the movie, the snap didn't have any real stakes and will be reverted once Avatar re-releases :hahaha:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

If Cameron asks for something it's not like Disney will just say "NO". 

This is true, but I doubt Cameron cares about re-releasing Avatar. He didn’t seem too upset about Avengers: Endgame passing Avatar. He seems more concerned with not having any more delays on Avatar 2. Disney, otoh, has to figure out if they want to put Avatar on Disney+ or hold it back so they can theatrically re-release it. 

8 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

just like in the movie, the snap didn't have any real stakes and will be reverted once Avatar re-releases :hahaha:

Tell that to the people who died in plane and car crashes, or the people who died because their doctors disappeared in the middle of their procedures. :whosad:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is true, but I doubt Cameron cares about re-releasing Avatar. He didn’t seem too upset about Avengers: Endgame passing Avatar. He seems more concerned with not having any more delays on Avatar 2. Disney, otoh, has to figure out if they want to put Avatar on Disney+ or hold it back so they can theatrically re-release it. 

Record breaking shit aside, it just seems like the most no-brainer re-release ever. 10 years anniversary, highest grossing movie for about 10 years, sequels coming, movie known primarily as a theater experience, what else do you need? It just seems weird to even consider it wouldn't get re-released in some capacity in theaters. Cameron has said again how he's all about the big screen, I feel like it would be some kind of gut punch to have it barred from theaters and kept exclusively for a streaming service.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Record breaking shit aside, it just seems like the most no-brainer re-release ever

I would argue that was during the 2010-2012/13 3D release printing easy money era and before VHS, it depend on much you spent on it why not  pretty much all popular movie get some.

But do we remember Dark Knight 10 year's special release, Lords of the Rings 10 year's re-release or Titanic 10 year's/20 year's re-release ?

Even if it happen (like for those movies above), chance are it will be limited release to a specific chain (possibly IMAX exclusive), for a week type of affair. If it has no remaster, no 3D conversion it is hard to make any noise (and now even with those), Avatar has the chance of 3D to never having catched up on video and considered must see once 3D experience that people would probably like to catch on if they missed it that other title didn't had too.

Edited by Barnack