Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 9/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, HeadShot said:

https://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-video-sales-chart

I don't understand why this movie is performing similarly to TLJ on home media. :gold:

Beat TLJ by like 38% in box office. Looks on track to beat it by maybe 15% in comb physical video sales. Seems quite impressive to me considering about a year and a half in between and physical sales should be on a downward trend.

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Beat TLJ by like 38% in box office. Looks on track to beat it by maybe 15% in comb physical video sales. Seems quite impressive to me considering about a year and a half in between and physical sales should be on a downward trend.

AIW started a bit behind TLJ and is now almost 22% ahead of it in hard media sales.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Avengers-Infinity-War#tab=video-sales

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-VIII-The-Last-Jedi#tab=video-sales

I expect AEG to increase it's lead as well since it's already ahead of AIW by almost 14% after two weeks

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Avengers-Endgame-(2019)#tab=video-sales

SW as a franchise also skews older than MCU so a greater % of hard media sales v digital as compared to the MCU.  Disney's biggest sellers on digital or at least their record breakers over the past 2 years have have been MCU movies - GOTG2, then AIW and now AEG.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

A couple months until the Avatar re release, dread it marvel drones

dang I didn't know it was actually happening, I thought it was just something you were hoping/wishing would happen

I would be thrilled to see Avatar on the big screen again. Bring on another Titanic re-release too. T2 was awesome 2 years ago!

An avatar re-release would be amazing.  It has to look awesome to you guys.  The way they've done them, with the old 3D artwork being a little on the grain, they would look amazing in 3D. So I think that would be cool.  But we've been talking about it for years but like I said this time, they're not quite ready to do it.  I think it's best to just do the re-release and have somebody else do the art.  I don't know if that's feasible yet at all; it would seem like a real challenge.  It would be a huge hassle.  It'd probably have to be pretty ambitious.  And that's a good thing because otherwise the artists will go crazy with their visions of what awesome things they can do in 3D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kthuxi said:

An avatar re-release would be amazing.  It has to look awesome to you guys.  The way they've done them, with the old 3D artwork being a little on the grain, they would look amazing in 3D. So I think that would be cool.  But we've been talking about it for years but like I said this time, they're not quite ready to do it.  I think it's best to just do the re-release and have somebody else do the art.  I don't know if that's feasible yet at all; it would seem like a real challenge.  It would be a huge hassle.  It'd probably have to be pretty ambitious.  And that's a good thing because otherwise the artists will go crazy with their visions of what awesome things they can do in 3D.

Yeah the re-release will be amazing!

I think they will upscale the quality tbh, the way Avatar was shot allows it to be graphics patched updated which is cool as fuck.

4 hours ago, Titan Man said:

Wow, I thought this whole Avatar obsession was just trolling, now I'm concerned...

What I hate is the way Jimbo and his clones have to badmouth every single film they see as some kind of threat to any of Cameron;s projects.

Right now they are concentrating on Marvel, if Rise of Skywalker proves to be a huge hit, they will switch over to bad mouthing the Star Wars Franchise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I can’t find any news about a re-release, so I am going to say it isn’t happening. At least not this year.

It's not. @IronJimbo is just trying desperately to drum up any kind of Avatar/Cameron discussion. It's been pretty hopeless and boring for him since JCS and all his alts were purged.

• Like 2