Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

It's not. @IronJimbo is just trying desperately to drum up any kind of Avatar/Cameron discussion. It's been pretty hopeless and boring for him since JCS and all his alts were purged.

And two or three months is not nearly enough time for Disney to publicise and market a Avatar rerelease. Hell, it might not be enough time to actually get it into theaters,since I got a feeling that the almost all of the theater screens have already been contracted for for the rest of the year. (If you don't know, the contracts the studios make for their movies with the theaters are done quite a few months in advance.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What I hate is the way Jimbo and his clones have to badmouth every single film they see as some kind of threat to any of Cameron;s projects.

Right now they are concentrating on Marvel, if Rise of Skywalker proves to be a huge hit, they will switch over to bad mouthing the Star Wars Franchise.

dude-dab your posts read as a parody of yourself

On 9/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, dudalb said:

And two or three months is not nearly enough time for Disney to publicise and market a Avatar rerelease.

How long and bigthose re-release marketing campaign are ?

Schindler list re-release was announced one day in advance:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/566516/schindlers-list-returning-to-theaters-25th-anniversary

Dark Knight 10 year's :

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/dark-knight-10th-anniversary-imax-re-release-1202875906/

A bit over a month

Titanic 20 year's re-release  was announced November 15, started Dec.1 2 weeks later:

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/titanic-20th-anniversary-re-release-1202616007/

I doubt it would get that many theater or much marketing.

Close encouter was announced a little bit more than a month in advance:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/26/close-encounters-of-the-third-kind-4k-remaster-theatrical-release/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACRmLnopTeCxWXGSPgP6kuh_j9LK4o8x810c6vujaog11nLJUtE4E__AFslCA8zWoXfbPhOTp6kcSHHL2b6BruYuv14O7UwTvhjbbjGcbAZxkR3YO9udS5JuU-MBfiDO2xqLzrcDVU3__HbEYNm8UIXBXEuOO7-9Rl0_upmBCXvk

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Avatar rerelease ain’t happening. Why waste time and money? Endgame will remain number one.

Not sure how we would know that, they cost barely anything no, those fan affair ?

This year,

• Ghostbuster,
  • Alien,
  • Karate Kid,
  • Night of the living death,
  • Lawrence of Arabia,
  • My Neighbor Totoro,
  • Gone With the Wind (I think still the most popular movie on re-release this year again),
  • Wizard of Oz, 
  • Dirty Dancing,
  • Godfather 2,
  • Ben Hur,
  • Star Trek,
  • Shawshank redemption...., 
  • Muppet
  • Sound of Music
  • Transformer
  • Big Lebowski
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Die Hard
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Easy Ryder
  • Forest Gump
  • Batman 1989

Kiki delivery service got one and many others:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=kiki30.htm

Maybe they will wait for the 15 or 20 anniversary, but it is really rare to not have many re-release for populars movies, Avatar would be a first for that level I think. Why would they not ?

24 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Endgame will remain number one.

Even with a re-release I imagine it could stay there, re-release of movie without any change do not usually make that much money

36 minutes ago, Nero said:

Wow classic Jimbo. Just call others name. How immature. 

And what do you think it was I was responding to Nero. KJsoonerorlater essentially calling NCsoft not a real person.... You think that's OK?

12 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Have we determined if NCSoft was a JCS alternate?

Depending on who you believe (staff or JCS) there is not any solid proof that he actually was alts... BUT so far the confirmed alt accounts are

hydrogen

ncsoft

grand moff

pure spirit

dashrender

and suspected to be are

you

me

probably everyone else who ever posts here XD

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess Marvel vs. James Cameron is the new Marvel vs. DC? 

More like James Cameron vs every other franchise. Watch, if Rise of Skywalker is a big hit see the Camerons fanboys turn on the SW franchise.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

More like James Cameron vs every other franchise. Watch, if Rise of Skywalker is a big hit see the Camerons fanboys turn on the SW franchise.

Maybe you should stop talking as if Cameron fans are a one minded entity. Then you might be taken more seriously.

If Rise of Skywalker is a big hit? Of course it's gonna be a big hit.

• Thanks 1

Don't know why I'm surprised at the complete lack of empathy from so many DC stans I'm seeing after Aurora victims say they don't like the movie where a guy inspires people to kill in clown makeup/the theater where a guy in Joker makeup murdered people not showing the movie about what is more or less his biography, but here we are.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Knock It Off 1