Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Don't know why I'm surprised at the complete lack of empathy from DC stans I'm seeing after Aurora victims say they don't like the movie where a guy inspires people to kill in clown makeup/the theater where a guy in Joker makeup murdered people not showing the movie about what is more or less his biography, but here we are.

=>

However, the 18th Judicial District attorney George Brauchler, the man who prosecuted James Holmes definitively states, “It is not true.”

Brauchler would elaborate, “It is ridiculous. Completely unfounded. Some of this stuff. …It gets repeated by so many sources by people doing their research that it just becomes real.”

In fact Brauchler notes that The Dark Knight Rises just happened to be the film screening in the theater. He says, ‘If if had been ‘The Avengers,’ he would have been there. If it were ‘Jurassic World’, he would have been there. It had nothing to do that we can find with Batman.”

Meyer reports, “Investigators heard no witness talking about the Joker, he said. And no police officer claimed Holmes called himself the Joker.”

Do you have any other stupid thing to say? ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Don't know why I'm surprised at the complete lack of empathy from so many DC stans I'm seeing after Aurora victims say they don't like the movie where a guy inspires people to kill in clown makeup/the theater where a guy in Joker makeup murdered people not showing the movie about what is more or less his biography, but here we are.

Can we maybe not spread false information about a mass shooting for the purpose of putting down people who are excited about a movie? James Holmes wasn’t dressed in Joker makeup. He wore body armor, a gas mask, and dyed his hair orange. Does any of that scream the Joker to you?

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 3

Just now, SpiderByte said:

How about listening to, I dunno, the actual victims concerns? Just a. Thought?

What happened that day is horrible, but this movie has nothing to do with that tragedy. And where were those people when Suicide Squad with glamorized and "cool" Joker was released? This is just another overblown nonsensical controversy.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

How about listening to, I dunno, the actual victims concerns? Just a thought? They might know a biiiit more about the effects of gun violence than you.

How about stop spreading false informatuon on the account of being a marvel stan.

Just now, Firepower said:

What happened that day is horrible, but this movie has nothing to do with that tragedy. And where were those people when Suicide Squad with glamorized and "cool" Joker was released? This is just another overblown nonsensical controversy.

A movie Joker was barely in and not the hero of vs one where he is?

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

A movie Joker was barely in and not the hero of vs one where he is?

Joker in Suicide Squad is much closer to "good guy" than in this movie . And Joker in The Dark Knight is much "cooler" than here too. Phillips' version is the least glamorized version of the character ever put on screen and I don't see any controversy that previous versions were "dangerous", even though they are the closest to being "dangerous" if we put it this way.

Edited by Firepower

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not false, you can see the lack of empathy in many replies to just this tweet alone:

Highlights include:

https://twitter.com/nomura118/status/1176508598844833792?s=19

It is false information. The guy never even mentioned the Joker, nor was joker even in TDKR.

And you expect empathy from twitter? One is a troll tweet. And dont tell me to read the other replies. One scroll down and I can see marvel stans trolling.

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Don't know why I'm surprised at the complete lack of empathy from so many DC stans I'm seeing after Aurora victims say they don't like the movie where a guy inspires people to kill in clown makeup/the theater where a guy in Joker makeup murdered people not showing the movie about what is more or less his biography, but here we are.

The Aurora shooter was NOT in Joker make up. That was debunked the day of the shooting.

I don't know why people still are pushing this BS.

There was also a rumor that the shooter was dressed as Bane, but that has been debunked also. The shooter was wearing a gas make for some reason.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1

In all honesty the latest controversial Joker headlines connecting it to US Military troops and FBI make me laugh very loudly, especially when I imagine tanks/military vehicles flooding the streets because of the fricking movie's release. This movie is already cinema's treasure, nothing will ever top this insanity in the nearest future, if ever, and the movie is still more than a week from being released. Joker would be incredibly proud of it, he couldn't even dream about this.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

In all honesty the latest controversial Joker headlines connecting it to US Military troops and FBI make me laugh very loudly, especially when I imagine tanks/military vehicles flooding the streets because of the fricking movie's release. This movie is already cinema's treasure, nothing will ever top this insanity and the movie is still more than a week from being released. Joker would be incredibly proud of it, he couldn't even dream about this.

Lmao people acting like the Joker actaully exists.

And thats so right, Joker would love this attention and total chaos.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Lmao people acting like the Joker actaully exists.

And thats so right, Joker would love this attention and total chaos.

This movie is not even released yet, but it already proves that people's stupidity reached extreme levels in 2019, at least in US because of drastically different reaction to it in the rest of the world.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Firepower said:

This movie is not even released yet, but it already proves that people's stupidity reached extreme levels in 2019, at least in US because of drastically different reaction to it in the rest of the world.

Just imagine walking into a theatre and boom a military guy strapped with an assault rifle. A self-fulfilling prophecy at this point, hope I'm wrong though.

If one can't feel safe in movie theaters, a place of escapism, then where can they feel safe? Glad I'm Canadian (though that's still not saying much).

P.s. i would upvote your comments, but im out of reactions today!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

And people wonder why Aurora victims are concerned...

Uhmm. Read the article. The families are concerned with WB and gun reform, not Joker precisely.

The military involvement is to address supposed concerns with the movie, not gun reform. So I'm pretty sure the families would rather have such resouces dedicated to gun reform.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Firepower said:

Joker in Suicide Squad is much closer to "good guy" than in this movie . And Joker in The Dark Knight is much "cooler" than here too. Phillips' version is the least glamorized version of the character ever put on screen and I don't see any controversy that previous versions were "dangerous", even though they are the closest to being "dangerous" if we put it this way.

Lol No. Phillips' version is closer to the men we see in real life, which is why there is so much controversy around the movie. Joker in SS and TDK were closer to a fantasy, the comic book version of the character. And most importantly, there was no attempt to explain why the Joker is who he is via some wannabe deep, political message. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

3 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol No. Phillips' version is closer to the men we see in real life, which is why there is so much controversy around the movie. Joker in SS and TDK were closer to a fantasy, the comic book version of the character. And most importantly, there was no attempt to explain why the Joker is who he is via some wannabe deep, political message. 

You missed the point of my post, it was about the fact that Phillips' Joker is not shown as "cool" or "inspiring", and violence in the movie is shown something repulsive and very disturbing, nobody will be inspired by it. If anybody could be inspired by Joker to do bad things, there's much bigger chance he'll be inspired by glamorized fantasy version of Joker who looks "cool", says "cool" phrases and does "cool" things.

Edited by Firepower

In America it's totally understandable to be worried about shooters in theaters. It's incredibly easy to get a gun and movie theaters have basically no security at all. Super easy for someone to do it. Unlike all of the developed nation's we have done nothing for gun control. That's why mass shootings keep happening everywhere.