Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Well, DC made 1.4B this year. Marvel made 1.15B. :D

Marvel's $1.15B came from one film vs. DC's two. And the year isn't over yet. Once Doctor Strange is added to the tally, Marvel will likely equal or surpass WB's total. :)

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Well, DC made 1.4B this year. Marvel made 1.15B. :D

And thats's just the Warners&Disney comic movies. Fox's Marvel WW cume is 1.3B more.

So year to date when 5 comic films can pull in $3.8Billion World wide you can bet "fatigue" isn't on the table in any Studio boardroom. 

Dr.Strange will push that tally to 6 films and at least $4.3 Billion. 

Edited by Captain Craig
  • Like 1

On 31/8/2016 at 1:19 AM, DMan7 said:

If a shitfest like SS and BvS with a RT score of 27% could make 700 / 850M WW then Doc Strange being backed by the Marvel brand of critically well received movies could easily sail past 1B WW.

Like Guardians of Galaxy?;)

$600m+ would be a great number for DS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

And thats's just the Warners&Disney comic movies. Fox's Marvel WW cume is 1.3B more.

So year to date when 5 comic films can pull in $3.8Billion World wide you can bet "fatigue" isn't on the table in any Studio boardroom. 

Dr.Strange will push that tally to 6 films and at least $4.3 Billion. 

MCU fans only group Fox's X-men films with MCU films when it suits them.

:apocalypse:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

MCU fans only group Fox's X-men films with MCU films when it suits them.

:apocalypse:

As far as I see, he's combining all CBM together to show there is no super hero fatigue.  He's not taking a side at all... 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, langer said:

As far as I see, he's combining all CBM together to show there is no super hero fatigue.  He's not taking a side at all... 

49 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Both are Marvel. :P

It's all for fun.

I'm just having fun as well :ph34r:

• Like 1

So, which of these wins next Summer?

Guardians of the Galaxy 2?

Wonder Woman?

Spider-Man Homecoming?

I say it's gonna be a right race between them. Any of them can win, although Wonder Woman is the underdog, but not by much.

Personally, I think Spider-Man will win, but by a thread, like $350M vs $340M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So, which of these wins next Summer?

Guardians of the Galaxy 2?

Wonder Woman?

Spider-Man Homecoming?

I say it's gonna be a right race between them. Any of them can win, although Wonder Woman is the underdog, but not by much.

Personally, I think Spider-Man will win, but by a thread, like $350M vs $340M

All three are going to hit the same range, low to mid 300s.

GOTG2 probably has the best shot, with the most good will, and the most stand alone feeling.

Wonder Woman in second, a good trailer, her first film, a lot of hype, enough time between it and any bad feelings the DCEU may have gathered to be forgotten.

Spider-Man third. While fresh and different, it's doubling down on connections to MCU with RDJ, and it has perhaps a worse taste in it's mouth with declining returns from ASM series that CW may not have completely cleared away.

Three movies that will be within 10M of each other, unless something really unexpected happens.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

All three are going to hit the same range, low to mid 300s.

GOTG2 probably has the best shot, with the most good will, and the most stand alone feeling.

Wonder Woman in second, a good trailer, her first film, a lot of hype, enough time between it and any bad feelings the DCEU may have gathered to be forgotten.

Spider-Man third. While fresh and different, it's doubling down on connections to MCU with RDJ, and it has perhaps a worse taste in it's mouth with declining returns from ASM series that CW may not have completely cleared away.

Three movies that will be within 10M of each other, unless something really unexpected happens.

Yeah, I expect it to be real tight as well. Low to mid 300's seem to be where all 3 of them are heading to, you're right. I think GOTG wins though because of the good will from the first. It's the only one of them I expect to be able to make over 350m.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah, I expect it to be real tight as well. Low to mid 300's seem to be where all 3 of them are heading to, you're right. I think GOTG wins though because of the good will from the first. It's the only one of them I expect to be able to make over 350m.

I think WW doesn't have a terrible chance at getting over 350, especially if it's well reviewed.

GOTG2's problem is the MCU ceiling, that's appearing. It may not have that much more room to grow past it's first film's gross.

I'm curious about the Thor/JL head to head in NOV. It's going to be weird.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I think WW doesn't have a terrible chance at getting over 350, especially if it's well reviewed.

GOTG2's problem is the MCU ceiling, that's appearing. It may not have that much more room to grow past it's first film's gross.

I'm curious about the Thor/JL head to head in NOV. It's going to be weird.

It's like Marvel suddenly noticed they were going up against Justice League and decided to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Thor lol

I don't blame them, this exact same strategy worked out well for them this year, so...

:redcapes:

Edited by Arlborn

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It's like Marvel suddenly noticed they were going up against Justice League and decided to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Thor lol

I don't blame them, this exact same strategy worked out well for them this year, so...

:redcapes:

This'll be the big first fight between the universes, and it's Thor vs JL. Even with everything about Thor actually looking good so far, it's still against a power house of a movie, why even risk it? Is there no better place for Thor to go?

Though, if Thor pulls in more than JL, this place will be hell to be around.

All things consider,BvS still managed to sell 870 millions in tickets, meaning a vast mayority of movie viewers already  saw Wonder Woman in that movie, if not in trailers at least.

Adding to the fact she is the first female superhero with a mayor movie in decades...things look pretty good in my opinion.  At least 600 millions WW in my opinion

• Like 2

2 hours ago, langer said:

Bingo.

I don't take sides, I'm a fan of CBM regardless of who it's from. I'm a fan of comics so...bring on the VALIANT, Dark Horse and IMAGE adaptations as well I say!!!

• Like 2