Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Ah, I'm sorry grammar officer whose never misspelled anything ever. :sadben:

Come back with something better than that! LOL!

And you did it again! :rofl: If you're not going to be grammatically correct after being called out for it, how should we take you seriously? :redcapes: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

And you did it again! :rofl: If you're not going to be grammatically correct after being called out for it, how should we take you seriously? :redcapes: 

For the record whiney, with an 'e' is acceptable according to Webster's. It's just a less used variation. 

Hey if you want to get hung up on whose or who's and not focus on content to dodge, sure thing. 

whiny

less commonly 

whiney

play

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

For the record whiney, with an 'e' is acceptable according to Webster's. It's just a less used variation. 

Hey if you want to get hung up on whose or who's and not focus on content to dodge, sure thing. 

whiny

less commonly 

whiney

play

I wasn't dodging anything to begin with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

These shows are awful and cringe-worthy. But I'm glad they exist. DC is bringing their properties to every ages and every kind of taste, and that's great for business.

yeah, ikr? I wince every time they have character arcs or emotion or cohesive plotlines or fun. But hey, I'm sure someone somewhere likes that kind of drivel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

These shows are awful and cringe-worthy. But I'm glad they exist. DC is bringing their properties to every ages and every kind of taste, and that's great for business.

Come on Napoleon, be reasonable. I'm incredibly addicted to Supergirl right now, it's the damn cutest show on earth.

PS: I really enjoyed DCU's movies as well. Like, a lot. BVS really stayed with me better than Civil War did.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Every streak ends.    Even Pixar made a movie critics didn't like.   Marvel has a longer streak than Pixar had, and it's really had to make movies.   Sometimes things don't come together right.

Remember the endless douchbaggery of Batman fanboys after TDK.   The fans they tormented for so long took great pleasure in rubbing their noses in it over the poor DC movies in recent years.   Karma...

Batman fans deserved it honestly. 2008-2012  was unbearable.

Edited by eddyxx

12 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Come on Napoleon, be reasonable. I'm incredibly addicted to Supergirl right now, it's the damn cutest show on earth.

PS: I really enjoyed DCU's movies as well. Like, a lot. BVS really stayed with me better than Civil War did.

I'm not saying there's any quality in these shows. But the writing is poor, the emotion is cheap and sometimes there's no logic/cohesiveness in the stories. I understand and respect people who have fun with that kind of stuff, all I ask is for those people to do the same for us who enjoy the movies.

What's wrong with the World right now is that people are too self-centered and have no love and respect for the other human beings that think differently. I don't understand people who want everything to be their way. I just don't.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

HaHa, a sore loser. Oh, it's meaning something or you whiney liberals wouldn't keep crying about it.....kinda like how you trail Marvel Studios in quality films!

Ahh yes, the old Liberals vs Marvel Studios rivalry!

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

DCU wont improve

They released two D level films and made a killing. 

Sure they did, but that's because Warner Bros' marketing department has been absolutely killing it when it comes to DC films and can even make an uninspired, convoluted mess like Suicide Squad look like an energetic, colorful, fun adventure. People saw Man of Steel because it looked great, they saw Batman v Superman because it was about Batman vs Superman, and they saw Suicide Squad because they were hopeful that it would be something different and better than the last two.
Eventually, though, they are going to have to improve if they want people to go see something more unconventional like Aquaman or Shazam. I'd argue Justice League's reviews will be key in the future of the DCEU, since they're not only introducing Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, possibly Green Lantern/Shazam into the universe, but also setting up for ten thousand other movies.

3 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Sure they did, but that's because Warner Bros' marketing department has been absolutely killing it when it comes to DC films and can even make an uninspired, convoluted mess like Suicide Squad look like an energetic, colorful, fun adventure. People saw Man of Steel because it looked great, they saw Batman v Superman because it was about Batman vs Superman, and they saw Suicide Squad because they were hopeful that it would be something different and better than the last two.
Eventually, though, they are going to have to improve if they want people to go see something more unconventional like Aquaman or Shazam. I'd argue Justice League's reviews will be key in the future of the DCEU, since they're not only introducing Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, possibly Green Lantern/Shazam into the universe, but also setting up for ten thousand other movies.

The thing is I think the have limited themselves to a certain audience already.

Those who do not like the DCU really do not like it now.

The films will be hit but I do not see some year defining hit like The Avengers or anything like that. 

I could see JL films under 350 domestic

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The thing is I think the have limited themselves to a certain audience already.

Those who do not like the DCU really do not like it now.

The films will be hit but I do not see some year defining hit like The Avengers or anything like that. 

I could see JL films under 350 domestic

I agree with you on this, I think there's going to be a ceiling of around $350m domestic unless Wonder Woman and/or Justice League really touches a cultural nerve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I agree with you on this, I think there's going to be a ceiling of around $350m domestic unless Wonder Woman and/or Justice League really touches a cultural nerve. 

WW is the chance ..

JL is directed by Hack Synder 

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

WW is the chance ..

2017 is the DCEU's last chance to grow its audience, I think. Kinda like The Avengers, followed by a $400-$450m ceiling for most of MCU movies after. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 1:50 AM, Arlborn said:

really love Supergirl as well. Its such an entertaining show

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

WW is the chance ..

Ha! obviously your DC/Snyder hate knows no boundaries. Did it ever accur to you not everyone has your arrow mindset and that there is a lot of people that loves DC ad these movies and can't wait to see these iconic characters brought to the big screen. To even speculate on how much a movie will make or not make is insane. Because nobody knows these things and nobody knows if reviews will be good or not good either. That you can't even name a director by his real name but instead come up with some insulting acronym for his name. Just shows how immature you are. SMH

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mredman said:

Ha! obviously your DC/Snyder hate knows no boundaries. Did it ever accur to you not everyone has your arrow mindset and that there is a lot of people that loves DC ad these movies and can't wait to see these iconic characters brought to the big screen. To even speculate on how much a movie will make or not make is insane. Because nobody knows these things and nobody knows if reviews will be good or not good either. That you can't even name a director by his real name but instead come up with some insulting acronym for his name. Just shows how immature you are. SMH

This post is seething with grammatical errors. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

I love that you attempt to call out trollish behavior by acting like one yourself.