Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, Grand Moff said:

This thread was  hard to find. Did find it though finally! :)

I agree with @That One Guy we will see Episode 8 beat Avatar's WW quite comfortably.

Sorry to everyone for being rude to a new member but... where do these sws loonies come from?! How can you be so deluded.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Sorry to everyone for being rude to a new member but... where do these sws loonies come from?! How can you be so deluded.

What delusion? Star Wars is the greatest franchise of all time. That's a fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grand Moff said:

What delusion? Star Wars is the greatest franchise of all time. That's a fact.

Definitely in North America for the next 4-5 years until a franchise is created by a truly talented and visionary director. Cookie cooker re-hashes won't add to the greatness of your franchise.

1 minute ago, Grand Moff said:

So you're an Avatar apologist? How can you not think that E8 will obliterate it WW?

I think Avatar is a shitty film, but TFA was 700M behind Avatar WW.  That shows there's a high chance it wont beat it this time around.  Maybe a new SW film in 15 years or so with 15 years worth of inflation could beat it?  By then, WW appeal will be pretty big.  Maybe even Episode IX if it catches on early enough.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I think Avatar is a shitty film, but TFA was 700M behind Avatar WW.  That shows there's a high chance it wont beat it this time around.  Maybe a new SW film in 15 years or so with 15 years worth of inflation could beat it?  By then, WW appeal will be pretty big.  Maybe even Episode IX if it catches on early enough.

Your mistake is that you think these films will increase it's appeal, baseless and could do the opposite.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Your mistake is that you think these films will increase it's appeal, baseless and could do the opposite.

I don't see why it couldn't.  TFA did introduce the franchise to the overseas market in a rather great way.  As long as Ep.8 and RO perform decently overseas, it's very possible it could eventually beat Avatar.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don't see why it couldn't.  TFA did introduce the franchise to the overseas market in a rather great way.  As long as Ep.8 and RO perform decently overseas, it's very possible it could eventually beat Avatar.

I agree Sws (not ep 8 or 9) has a shot at Avatar, but remember the Avatar sequels will all be out. Avatar 2 will make over 700mil from China alone.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I agree Sws has a shot at Avatar, but remember the Avatar sequels will all be out. Avatar 2 will make over 700mil from China alone.

And E8 wil probably end up making $2b OS alone. Avatar will easily be destroyed.