Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

And that is it from my side, I see no sense in continuing this.... farce.

Of course not, the last bastion of bigots is always to want discussion to end. 

And I apologize for conflating your position with r101s, you did indeed not defend the censorship. 

We will have to agree to disagree on Moore's position, although I would implore you to look into the man's politics, he really is an ardent defender of those who often do not get a place to speak, or even be seen. 

40 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I never said the latter, and it is dehumanizing by definition. We are portrayed as mice just as the Nazi's did, he's literally taking inspiration directly from Nazi propaganda. I understand the arguments that people have made in the past that AS is attempting to reclaim that from them, but it just doesn't fly with me. The holocaust was a deeply human affair, and one that I think to portray those who suffered and those who committed the atrocities as merely animals is deeply wrong. 

Your quote (and I'm sorry to say I have not read the book it is from) I don't disagree with, apart from the 'authentic' part, I don't see how anyone could believe an analogy using animals could in anyway be truly authentic - and I would point anyone who believes so to the plethora of writings by actual holocaust survivors - of which I think Primo Levi to be one that really captures a truly authentic experience.  (Although, I also concede that my own view is obviously skewed by my own background as an American Ashkenazim). 

To be clear I was not stating that anyone who likes the comic is an anti-Semite, I was merely pointing out what I see to be the profound misstep that I think AS took when he dehumanized the human beings involved. 

That is fair I guess. I still disagree with your interpretation and criticism of Spiegelman's use of rodents as Jews but art is meant to be interpreted differently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

My 6th sense tells me she was involved in the creation of Vice Admiral Tumblr Holdo.

What is the second or third failure you see? (I still have not seen The Last Jedi btw, might watch it later depending on details about the next one.)

8 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

TLJ and Solo.

Rogue One was really good. TFA was simply passable.

See the listed titles, I am not sure how far her involvement was with Solo, didn't found her listed for it. Hence the reason I asked why the plural form. (Plus beside its budget chaos / re-shoots I actually like (like is not love) Solo, as a small additional story, even if I still question some decisions)

I'd really like to know who caused what with that one and the whys

Just noticed that Civil War is now a below average grossing Phase 3 film domestically. That is whack.     

Decent chance it ends up as a below Average grossing Phase 3 film WW, which would be extra whack. 

Moderation 

Just a reminder that if you are making finely nuanced arguments/points about a particular topic please try to be unambiguous with your comments. Please read your comment before posting to ensure that it is clear and concise and does not unintentionally insult or disparage another member. 

Let’s try and avoid hyperbole and sweeping generalisations. 

Regards

BOT Staff

16 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Rogue One is hot garbage. Holdo is a better character than everyone from Rogue One. These are facts

Rogue one was a character with a female lead, a Muslim actor and 2 Asian guys and was well received by the SW fanbase.

TLJ was less diverse in comparison but the backlash to it has been dismissed as sexist and racist.

OOu1VH6.gif

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

The Last Jedi is the best of these new Star Wars films, and never gets beyond the point of passable quality wise

Revenge of the Sith is far more entertaining then the Last Jedi even if it nowhere as well made 'technically" 

• Haha 1

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel
April 5, 2019 - Shazam!
April 12, 2019 - Hellboy
April 26, 2019 - Avengers: Endgame
June 7, 2019 - Dark Phoenix
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home
August 2, 2019 - New Mutants
October 4, 2019 - Joker

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
March 13, 2020 - Gambit
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 5, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984
June 26, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
July 24, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
July 31, 2020 - Sony/Marvel Morbius Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel (Venom 2)
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
March 5, 2021 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 25, 2021 - Batman Film
August 6, 2021 - Suicide Squad Sequel
November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

• Thanks 1