Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You can continue to stalk me to find loopholes in my posts to report me to the mods. Even if you manage to get me banned for good, it will not change the fact that the movies you love are forgotten by audiences in less than 1 month. Even if I never post again, I will still be in your head reminding you of that fact. You should seek treatment for that obsession.

Snyder films will be remembered for centuries to come! 

• Haha 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-loki-series-adds-rick-morty-writer-1187204

Loki, one of the first series that Marvel Studios will be making for Disney’s streaming service Disney+, has landed Michael Waldon as its point person. Waldron will write the pilot, act as show creator and exec produce the series.

Tom Hiddleston is expected to star in the series, reprising the fan favorite character he first played in 2011’s Thor.

Sources say the show will follow Loki as the trickster and shapeshifter pops up throughout human history as unlikely influencer on historical events.

• Thanks 1

If Feige is not heavily overseeing these Disney original shows I bet they will all bomb like all the other Marvel shows. Agents of SHIELD had incredible hype but it was so disappointing the other shows never even had a chance. 

The actors from the movies should give these new shows an initial boost in interest, though.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Avatree said:

there is a Loki TV show??

:ohmygod:

Yeah, it comes out right before the Vision and Scarlet Witch TV show, the Falcon and Winter Solider TV show, the Rocket Raccoon and Groot TV show (rumored), the Lady Sif TV show (rumored), the War Machine TV show (rumored), the Nebula and Gamora TV show (rumored), the Nick Fury TV show (rumored), and the Hawkeye TV show (rumored). Also the animated TV shows for marvel characters MODOK, Hit-Monkey, Howard the Duck, and Tigra and Dazzler.      

Welcome to cultural dominance.

Edited by Thanos Legion

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Even when Pixar makes a superhero movie they lose to Marvel :Venom:   

Reveal hidden contents

incredibles 2 was very smart and funny, spiderverse was not good.

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

^^ Disney is fully gearing up for Disney+ now. Both Jessica Jones and The Punisher (the last 2 remaining ones) have been cancelled on Netflix. No more Marvel shows on netflix now, its all gonna be Disney+

Any R-rated shows might go on Hulu instead.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel couldn't make audiences watch their shows on broadcast tv for free, good luck getting people to pay a monthly subscription to watch subpar writing and acting.

Expected, you never disappoint. Your irrational hatred for anything Marvel has provided a lot of comedy. 

On the other hand the though of how much burn MCU’s utter dominance over all these years must have caused you is one of the greatest pleasures this board has given me. 

I’m really looking forward to your posts when Endgame comes out

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

^^ Disney is fully gearing up for Disney+ now. Both Jessica Jones and The Punisher (the last 2 remaining ones) have been cancelled on Netflix. No more Marvel shows on netflix now, its all gonna be Disney+

All those show decision were on Netflix court no ? That was more the other way around, Netflix realizing they were exposed and had a weakness, wanting to go more and more with fully owned from A to Z original content I think.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel couldn't make audiences watch their shows on broadcast tv for free, good luck getting people to pay a monthly subscription to watch subpar writing and acting.

or maybe its vice versa -- the content that goes out for free is the weaker stuff, you pay premium if you want premium content.

kind of how network/cable TV has worked since... forever?

Next thing you'll be telling me that game of thrones is higher quality than CSI Miami.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

All those show decision were on Netflix court no ? That was more the other way around, Netflix realizing they were exposed and had a weakness, wanting to go more and more with fully owned from A to Z original content I think.

Ofcourse it was Netflix decision to end the shows. But I dont think it is a coincidence that all 5 shows were terminated one after the other soon after Disney decided to jump in the foray.